123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Default Are Ps More Sensitive Than Js?

Based on my observations, it seems that as a general rule, P types, whether T or F, are more affected by their own emotional state than J types in making a decision. Even INFJs maintain a certain level of "disconnect" and distance when analyzing a situation or interacting with an individual that P types lack. Among Ps, even INTPs become very invested in their ideas to a point where any criticism of an idea or concept is a personal attack on the individual. I don't *think* I'm that way, and based on interactions with my "fellow Js," I don't think they are either. Am I way off on this observation? Let me know your opinion...
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Based on my observations, it seems that as a general rule, P types, whether T or F, are more affected by their own emotional state than J types in making a decision. Even INFJs maintain a certain level of "disconnect" and distance when analyzing a situation or interacting with an individual that P types lack. Among Ps, even INTPs become very invested in their ideas to a point where any criticism of an idea or concept is a personal attack on the individual. I don't *think* I'm that way, and based on interactions with my "fellow Js," I don't think they are either. Am I way off on this observation? Let me know your opinion...
    This can sometimes describe me. I wish it didn't, and I'm trying to change that, but yeah.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTJ

I dunno.....my current thoughts are that there are a lot of Js, especially TJs, who don't realize how sensitive they are......a 3rd or 4th place Fi can become very offended but the person doesn't realize that's where the conflict is.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I should add that I'm not trying to make an absolute statement. It's relative, of course.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Maybe just sensitive about different things sometimes??

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Js seem to snap a whole lot easier and quicker then P types. ISTJs seem to snap less and less in there old age and fall to a more sensitive Fi towards the world. And I dont mean sensitive as in they get offended easily. My INTJ dad in his old age gets offended easily.

And it sounds like you are jduging P types from a J stand point, but judging J from a J standpoint. Here is a P standpoint of how J types are.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think maybe Js are better at hiding it? Not sure if there's an actual "sensitivity" difference. I presume you mean emotionally - certainly Fi seems more sensitive in general vs. Fe, not sure if that also applies to Ts though (esp. since TPs would be Fe, etc).

Then again, Js also seem more....outgoing about expressing strong disagreement. Maybe. I don't know.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I think maybe Js are better at hiding it? Not sure if there's an actual "sensitivity" difference. I presume you mean emotionally - certainly Fi seems more sensitive in general vs. Fe, not sure if that also applies to Ts though (esp. since TPs would be Fe, etc).

Then again, Js also seem more....outgoing about expressing strong disagreement. Maybe. I don't know.
    That seems to wrap it up pretty good IMO.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I've been told I'm pretty cold and insensitive at times... And my husband (a J) has been told he has too big of a heart and too sensitive at times. For me it seems to depend on the subject matter.... I know I'm more sensitive about somethings than my husband is.... And I know there are things he's more sensitive towards than I am. Just depends.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I think what you're describing is more about Fi and Ti doms/auxs. The subjectivity of these functions makes them more sensitive and personally invested in things, whereas Fe and Te dom/aux require more objective distance to operate.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte