• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Non-standard Fi Ti dominant

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I know, and I ask because oftentimes I am consumed with thinking about myself. All the time. Sometimes in overly flattering ways. I don't have many values, in fact the word sickens me, but I am obsessed with myself and don't find many definitions of Ti that carry that quality. I know XNTPs are often aacused of arrogance and it's probably apt.

I take it back! Not evolved INTP! :D

I'm guessing most people are probably self aware when they're in their dominant function, even if that means severing parts of themselves (the other functions).

No, I don't think they're self-aware if they're enslaved to their dominant function. They're aware on how to use it, they're not self-aware as to why or how to stop only relying on it. Same goes with the next 7 CPs. But it's easiest falling prey to your 1st and 2nd CPs.

Thanks for that, sometimes your dominant function becomes so much like the air you breathe that you can't define it yourself. I appreciate getting an example of how I use it.

You're welcome.

So do I usually. The first time I learnt about MBTI I got INFP. Imagine my disgust! I had to read up to learn than I'm not.

Ah, you're too cruel to INFPs as I find a lot of people are :( But yes, I can imagine it. INTPs and INFPs are mirror types and so you're thinking patterns are somewhat similar, there is just a reversal of T vs F. They are excellent at dissecting their personal feelings to understand them just as INTPs are excellent at dissecting their impersonal thoughts to understand them.

But I did learn some definitions of the functions from this test, the only one I really have trouble explaining is Ni. You couldn't give me some help on that could you?

I didn't like the definitions or examples much, if at all. From the test:

Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future. = Ni
Feel strongly that something is good or bad. = Fi (I'd think) but it could be Fe. Are they stating from WHOM or WHAT you feel that way? What if people mistaken it for their thoughts as "I think strongly that something is good or bad" but is it the same? Or---

----Are you kidding me? How utterly silly they are, somewhat misleading. As for Ni, it is a "foreseeing" CP and it's a 'knowing' that is formed within and not from outside info or from others, such as knowing what you want to do. It can also just be about just wanting to know things/people/info. INFJs/INTJs having Ni as their 1st CPs want to know things in advance, whether it's about an event they have to go to or knowing where they'll be next week and so on. It's also about taking the possibilities and focusing them into one vision/idea. There's a big difference as to why both INFJs/INTJs would use Ni or for what. I could see Ni working for an INTP in that they might have a flash of insight on something they were trying to logically process but had no luck. It just comes out of nowhere BAM. Or if you are a writer, you use Ni to forsee where the plot will focus next (however far you envision it) and you'll then use your Ti to critically move from one event to the next, probably in a more linear fashion than would an INFJ/INTJ do or much your are initially better they they'd be. Does that sound about right? I somewhat guessed how it might work for an INTP :blush:

You prior wrote about how far removed the Demonic 8th CP is. It is VERY removed unless a person becomes more balanced. You hate values? Do you choose not to look at how you personally feel about people and such? If so, you're very far removed. Fi being your last CP makes sense in that you'd distrust it the most as you are mostly focused on hard, logical info and it's probably hardest knowing or trusting in how you feel about yourself or others (unless better balanced). Just as INFPs have Ti as their Demonic CP, they'd distrust it as well (unless better balanced).

Another ex. Si is an INFJs/INTJs 8th CP. And it can be a real bitch recalling things. For an INFJ, it's more about logical info which is harder whereas for an INTJ, it's more about personal info being harder. Also, the past just generally hard for both to recall as they're both mostly looking ahead towards "the future" (Ni).

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Or if you are a writer, you use Ni to forsee where the plot will focus next (however far you envision it) and you'll then use your Ti to critically move from one event to the next, probably in a more linear fashion than would an INFJ/INTJ. Does that sound about right? I somewhat guessed how it might work for an INTP :blush:

I am a writer. Maybe I have better Ni than I realised. I have ideas about what's going to happen in later chapters, but don't plan it perfectly until I'm up to that chapter.

You hate values? Do you choose not to look at how you personally feel about people and such? If so, you're very far removed. Fi being your last CP makes sense in that you'd distrust it the most as you are mostly focused on hard, logical info and it's probably hardest knowing or trusting in how you feel about yourself or others.

I know how I feel about myself and others. But I never use the word value to describe what I feel. It's the sort of word that makes me feel like I've got bugs crawling on my skin when I use it.

But then perhaps that's just a value of mine.:rolli:

Being the incredible nerd that I am, here's a deconstruction of the test I made, by painstakingly checking the effect of every single answer.

If two functions appear under a question, the first of the two got a stronger response for the second.

1. Freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up.
Se

2. Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.
Ne

3. Determine success by measurement or other objective method such as the time taken.
Te

4. Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings.
Fe

5. Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future.
Ni

6. Notice whether the details in front of you match what you are accustomed to.
Si

7. Be guided by a definition, logical deduction, or other nugget of reasoning.
Ti

8. Feel strongly that something is good or bad.
Fi

9. Compassionately take on someone else's needs as your own.
Fe

10. Construct an argument to convince someone using evidence clearly in front of you both.
Te

11. Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.
Ni

12. Compare an experience against a storehouse of familiar experiences to find what's reliable.
Si

13. Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good.
Fi

14. Apply leverage to a situation to subtly solve a problem using minimal effort.
Ti

15. Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment.
Se

16. Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.
Ne

17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.
Fe - Si

18. Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once.
Te - Ni

19. Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness.
Fi - Se

20. Concisely reference multiple frameworks at once while problem solving.
Ti - Ne

21. Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions.
Ni - Fe

22. Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly.
Si - Te

23. Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.
Ne - Fi

24. Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action.
Se - Ti

25. Always remain true to what you want for yourself or others.
Fi

26. Analyse and critique what doesn't fit with a well-defined principle.
Ti

27. Review a lot of information over time to confirm what is customary or standard.
Si

28. Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious.
Ni

29. Instantly read visible cues to see just how far you can go.
Se

30. Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.
Ne

31. Follow a straight line of reasoning.
Te

32. Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking.
Fe

33. Lay out methods for others to complete tasks in time- and resource-efficient ways.
Te

34. Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity.
Fe

35. Fine-tune a definition or concept to support a theory, perspective or framework.
Ti

36. Evaluate what is worth believing in and most important to who you really are inside.
Fi

37. Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.
Ne

38. Spur action and pull off results simply by making your presence felt.
Se

39. Transform yourself by focusing inward on a specific way you foresee you will need to be.
Ni

40. Fulfill the same regular work or activity everyday at a comfortable pace.
Si

41. Merge and feel intimate oneness with other people.
Fe - Ni

42. Stick to making decisions based on impersonal measures such as points earned.
Te - Si

43. Continually examine if choices harmonize with important beliefs.
Fi - Ne

44. Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works.
Ti - Se

45. Push your mental limits to complete an array of innovative achievements.
Ni - Te

46. Point out discrepancies between how things are and the way they have always been.
Si - Fe

47. Trust what emerges from brainstorming.
Ne - Ti

48. Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you.
Se - Fi

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I am a writer. Maybe I have better Ni than I realised. I have ideas about what's going to happen in later chapters, but don't plan it perfectly until I'm up to that chapter.

I knew you were a writer. ;) That was my Si (INFJs Si recalls ppl's info better) recalling that and my Fe trying to connect to you with it. You have ideas of what's to happen in later chapters but it's not perfectly planned until you're up to that chapter. That's not so strong an Ni, in so far as that an INFJ/INTJ would want to know their future ideas exactly and might write ahead (I certaintly do). If heavily Ni Dominated, it can be a pitfal for them if they're so excited about the future direction, they neglect the buildup or the 'steps' to get to that future first. It's a fun process just zooming on Ni's-speed-like ride, going from one point to the next merely envisioning. That's an INFJ/INTJ being a sub to their Ni Dom. :devil:

You likely have a broad idea(right?) of where the plot is going next but it isn't until you've dissected exactly the order of what will lead up to what (Ti) that you feel comfortable and conclude it all/piece it all, right? I'd think, if you agree about feeling comfortable, that's an indication of your Fi ascertaining you like what you've done so your Ti can move forward again.

I know how I feel about myself and others. But I never use the word value to describe what I feel. It's the sort of word that makes me feel like I've got bugs crawling on my skin when I use it.

But then perhaps that's just a value of mine.:rolli:

Values are different than feelings, though. Value can be in knowing the worth of something/someone in relation to you. So, perhaps you find yourself oddly bothered that you can specifically hate/loathe a person (it should be rare of you to loathe specific people a lot and it'd be for a very SHORT time if so if so, right? I'd think so..) So, that's another Fi territory.

Of course you'd know how you feel about yourself and others. No INTP is a monster. :D (no, you're not the Devil...) But do you enjoy wondering/figuring about your feelings or is it quickly decided just to get it out of the way or even ignored if possible? Do you like trying to figure out how you feel about a person, a loved one or a lover? Fi would be trickest for an INTP/ISTP as it's both their 8th CP. I recall my ISTP best/f when she tells me about being uncomfortable about 'liking' a person. It feels like shit and she'd sooner avoid it fast than confront it. It's not being shy, either. It's just...weird b/c she can't discern the other person's motives so quickly. If pressured for any commitment, she'll just dismiss the whole thing as she won't be rushed. Are you somewhat similar? Or used to be when younger? *erm* I don't know how old you are so just imagine what younger would mean to you in that sense.

Being the incredible nerd that I am, here's a deconstruction of the test I made, by painstakingly checking the effect of every single answer.

:blink: I've never once thought of you as a nerd. More like a devil's advocate or tease. But if you say so!

I shall respond to your INTP neridshly silent request that I validate your understanding of that silly test in a bit.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Morty, dear, you're going to despise me for not being as succinct as you were as I Fe'd up alongside my corrections/examples... :cry:

1-15. I agree.

16. Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.
Ne
- Ne, most probably. I could see Ni doing the same as it too enjoys playing randomly interconnections and patterns. The question is not specifying where it's coming from. Randomly within or randomly outside from others/things? And what then, does it try to expand to focus (Ni) or try to expand to spread out (Ne)?

17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.
Fe - Si
- Fe. Si is recollection of past memory or being capable of recalling long-term memory well. However, Fe can also be in venting out to others or for others. I don't think they asked any questions pointing either out. Just so you know..

18. Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once.
Te - Ni
- I'd say that's Ne.

19. Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness.
Fi - Se
- Fi

20. Concisely reference multiple frameworks at once while problem solving.
Ti - Ne
- Ne. Ti narrows, goes bit by bit in order just as Ni would narrow but go leap by leap sometimes randomly...

21. Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions.
Ni - Fe
- Jeez, nice terminology. It's Ni--- But the question's use of "sudden release of emotions" indicates Fi to me. Then again, sudden release could also indicate it's going OUT to others as would Fe. Bastards.

22. Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly.
Si - Te
- :blink: Si. Te. No Si! Noooo, it's Ti! Ti! ---- Ti. Stupid question. (Fe: :steam:)

23. Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.
Ne - Fi
- Likely Ne but not Fi at all. Oh joy, though, life's magical moments. But are they life's OUTER moments or INNER (then Ni!). And then after engaging, do they plan to get married (focused plan Ni) or do they decide to wait it out for years (expanding plan Ne). :ranting:

24. Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action.
Se - Ti
- Se. Why'd you think it'd be Ti next of all CPs, hmm? :D

25-27. I agree.

28. Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious.
Ni
- Yea, Ni. Or is it? :rolli: Don't let an INTJ see that, they might roll their eyes too, stereotypically!

29. Instantly read visible cues to see just how far you can go.
Se
- Ne. They didn't specify again, however, Se can be used for reading physical clues and it's more of being aware of your physical surroundings/gaining mastery of it (i.e. learning a new sport). Ne is used to expand the vision, going as far as it can. Think of your own Ne gathering input from others/outside info and you try to take it as far as you can (playing with the words, or with others who play along too).

30. Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.
Ne
- I agree.

31. Follow a straight line of reasoning.
Te
- Ti. Te is exterting one's line of reasoning, whether straight or bent, right or wrong.

32- 39. I agree.

40. Fulfill the same regular work or activity everyday at a comfortable pace.
Si
- Se... Si's about memory storage/recollection. :D

41. Merge and feel intimate oneness with other people.
Fe - Ni
- Jeez. Merge physically and intimately, so is it sex? Se for physical/intimate, sexual or otherwise. But they mean Fe. Sigh.

42. Stick to making decisions based on impersonal measures such as points earned.
Te - Si
- Sticking to/Making decisions is an inner working and it being impersonal would make it Ti.

43. Continually examine if choices harmonize with important beliefs.
Fi - Ne
- Fi. How could you doubt that! :D

44. Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works.
Ti - Se
- Ti. How could you doubt that even more so! :shock:

45. Push your mental limits to complete an array of innovative achievements.
Ni - Te
- :rolli: It seems so vague to me. Damn them. I'm entirely flattered you chose Ni but I, sadly, disagree. It's Te... if they mean 'achievements' displayed.-- I'm tired, next question. :(

46. Point out discrepancies between how things are and the way they have always been.
Si - Fe
- Si. And the way they always should be.. ..as ppl erroneously take these kinds of inane tests to screw up their idea of Type. :rolli:

47. Trust what emerges from brainstorming.
Ne - Ti
- Ne if they mean outer brainstorming with others. Ni if they mean inner brainstorming alone. Again, no specifying--

48. Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you.
Se - Fi
- Se for the kill.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I wasn't saying those are my answers. These are the answers that influenced the test, I selected each one and went forward to see the result each one made. These aren't my answers, these are the site's answers.

I'm not saying they're right either.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I wasn't saying those are my answers. These are the answers that influenced the test, I selected each one and went forward to see the result each one made. These aren't my answers, these are the site's answers.

I'm not saying they're right either.

:doh: I'm just going to sleep now. Retribution for not Ti-ing well enough to note you said painstakingly 'checked the effect' of every single answer!! :( Ah well, it was fun nit-picking that stupid test and releasing my Fe's threadbare sanity.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
:doh: I'm just going to sleep now. Retribution for not Ti-ing well enough to note you said painstakingly 'checked the effect' of every single answer!! :( Ah well, it was fun nit-picking that stupid test and releasing my Fe's threadbare sanity.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed reading through your critiques. It's nice to have someone take the time to read through what you've posted.

How's that for immature Fe?

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed reading through your critiques. It's nice to have someone take the time to read through what you've posted.

How's that for immature Fe?

I don't even care if you're lying at this point! :hug: I hate misunderstandings though I'm sure I'll be amused after I wake up before hearing the screams of baby lambs...! :(

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Damn my previously sarcastic behaviour. :dry:

It was hilarious, though! And it didn't hurt my 6 yr old childhood's memory as it's not the screams of baby lambs I hear, anyway.. :D

I'm gonna cyber-:hug: you until you regret your weak display of Fe! :devil:

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
any others? How do you feel about your life? :)

If you strongly think you have another non-standard jungian function pair as your dominant functions, how do work it out with the MBTI system?

(Say you strongly associate with dominant Ne Si, or some other non-standard combination).

What you make of it?

For quite a while I believed my Ni was stronger than my Ne, which would have made for a function combination of Fi/Ni which would be non-standard, but I have fairly weak Fe so that helped rule out INFJ and left INFP. I have in recent weeks come to see that I really do use Ne a lot more than I had previously realized, so the combination of Fi/Ne is not unreasonable, but feeling a strong connection to Ni is still out of place. When I look at the early development descriptions at Personality and Kids I relate more to both INJ and ITP development patterns than I do to the IFP development pattern, and I think its safe to say I had non-standard development (not developing Fi til later in life even though it seems to be my dominant trait now, and supposedly the dominant function should be the first to develop). I'm not sure if its a matter of fighting what I was at an early age, or life changing experiences in my teens and early 20s being the defining factor or some combination.

I don't place much credibility in that function order test, but I re-took it just now, and here are the results listed in numeric result order.

Fi - 51.8
Ni - 38.5
Ne - 36.6
Ti - 28.6
Si - 24.3
Se - 22.8
Fe - 22.6
Te - 14.2