User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP

A lot of this became clearer to me when I started picturing the functions as a heavy person and a light person on a seesaw. For instance, SeNi are two sides of the same function. An SP would have the heavy person on Se and light on Ni, so the seesaw will always favor Se. With a good enough kick, Ni gets a fair share at the ride, but still the default always returns to Se. Same for NeSi, FiTe, FeTi.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I would disagree with this notion as well. A high degree of detail or lack there of isn't really an indicator of S or N. However, on the point of an S creating a more ambiguous image, it could be a play on colors, textures, etc. I've created some ambiguous works of my own... sometimes to be light and impressionist, but to just sort of play around with my tools of the trade. I enjoy the focus, not only on the subject matter, but the focus on lines and fluidity, etc. These types of things will really catch my eye in paintings as well.
    Yeah I was trying to think of how to say something like this... It is sometimes fun to muck around with the materials, to see how different types of motions with the paint or other medium can suggest different things, light/shadow, movement, texture. Or just because colors look nice together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Actually, the difference between Se and Si in paintings is interesting:

Introverted sensation types, if they are creative artists, have a facility for bringing a scene to life in paintng or in writing. The French impressionist painters are in this group; they reproduce exactly the internal impressions stimulated in them by a scene or a person in the real world. That is the difference between Se and Si. Se in an artist would reproduce a realistic reflection of the object, Si would reproduce a faithful impression made by the object on the subject.
    My Mom was an artist, and she always painted realistic reflections of objects. (Se)
    She was sensational at painting fruit and flowers. They were so realistic, it was stunning. She captured lighting and shadows to such a degree, you didn't think you were looking at a painting.
    I don't see the difference between them. What type of painting did your mom do, Jag (oil/acrylic/watercolor... or everything)?

In addition, the biggest problem I see in this forum are people who are still attributing natural skill to the Dom function. Just because someone claims their Dom function is Ni or Ne, doesn't mean they are in any way gifted at "using" it. Frankly, they could be completely inept.
    I have heard that before, but I don't exactly understand. What DOES dominant mean then?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i dunno about art, personally. i'm not sure how to identify Ne art at all. that bright-colored sort-of-man, sort-of-blobs art posted before... i really actually don't like that picture, no offense at all to whoever posted it. it's kind of creepy to me... i don't like that i don't understand what it's supposed to be.

maybe this is Ne art? recognizable things, just all thrown together in a crazy fun mess?

here's a doodle typical of my art style, i don't really know how you would type it

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I have heard that before, but I don't exactly understand. What DOES dominant mean then?
    Dominant means that the need that the function attends to within the psyche is so great, that one has no conscious control over the exercise of that function. The function itself may be defective in some way, but it's going to keep on working regardless.

As far as Ne art goes, this is an example:

A seemingly normal painting, but when you get closer, you realize that it's nothing more than a bunch of dots. Ne finds beauty in the simplicity hidden within complexity. The idea of mathematical elegance is very Ne.

Another example:

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I don't see the difference between them. What type of painting did your mom do, Jag (oil/acrylic/watercolor... or everything)?
    My Mom used everything, but mostly oil.

Compare these two oil paintings. The first one is realism, easily what I would call "reflective" of real grapes. And the second is french impressionism which is not "reflective" of reality like a mirrored image, but rather an image painted from a subjective inner impression one might have of what they observed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Yep, you've sure convinced me that Ns are brilliant. Good lord. Go read a book (or ten) and maybe you'll get a (very faint) clue.

I actually believe you've taken this matter a little too personally, IMO. Relax, dude - what I said was simply as I'd observed. I'm yet to see how you view the 'distinction' yourself, seeing you've already shown your bias in your take with N/S. If you think I was calling S's stupid, it's incorrect, because that's what you'd assumed. If you hold your own personal view about N/S, then good for you. There's nothing I can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i dunno about art, personally. i'm not sure how to identify Ne art at all. that bright-colored sort-of-man, sort-of-blobs art posted before... i really actually don't like that picture, no offense at all to whoever posted it. it's kind of creepy to me... i don't like that i don't understand what it's supposed to be.
    lol.. Fair enough. I still hesitate to say what his type may be. I was actually kind of curious on who wouldn't like it. Interesting.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    If you think I was calling S's stupid, it's incorrect, because that's what you'd assumed.
    You did in so many words. The most disconcerting thing is that you don't even recognize that that's effectively what you said. It's like the difference between a KKK member deliberately saying something like "black people are closer evolutionarily to the ape," and an avowedly non-racist professor saying the same thing as though it were objective fact. The latter is more insidious because the racism is both present AND invisible, whereas the racism of the KKK guy is deliberately visible.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

This is how I view the distinction between N/S, seeing we've progressed on the topic. *I strongly feel I'm right about it.*

*I just searched this, didn't know the exact definitions until now.*

//Google:

-Intuitive: instinctive knowing (without the use of rational processes)
    WITHOUT THE USE OF RATIONAL PROCESSES! YES!
    Now, ask yourselves for a split second, at least - which kind of people otherwise use so-called 'rational processes'? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat do we call them? Do we know? Anyone?

-Now, google: "Instinctive": natural: unthinking; prompted by (or as if by) instinct.
    NATURAL! Unthinking. By *instinct*. You know what this means? If somebody were to suddenly hook me from the side of my face, I'll *naturally* react to it as a result of my instinct, which in effect, doesn't require thinking. It's a natural mode of living. I'm feeling pretty stupid explaining this, tbh. If I were truly instinctive, by definition, I wouldn't need to *think* - I just do it because I *know*.

-Sensing: detection: the perception that something has occurred or some state exists; "early detection can often lead to a cure", becoming aware of something via the senses
    Now, that we've made clear what *specifically* intuition *is*, we look at sensing, and come up with a well-to-do conclusion. You see, if an intuitive has no *use of rational processes*, by definition, then it would (by default) suggest sensors do the rational processes instead. Aren't they the very kind of groupies that need to think every where they go? I understand you can be a nerd in anything, but just for argument's sake, you get the abstract idea. Interestingly, looking at the definition of 'detection' - the perception that something has occurred or some state exists; well what then? Does it sound like catching a ball? No. Does it sound more of a daydreamer? Likely. Of course, I'm not gonna lie. Practise does make people *better*, but that doesn't mean you're a natural at a task (sporting, videogaming, etc.). If intuitives don't need to think, then it really suggests to me that intuitives *sense* quite easily (pretty much like clock work), whereas sensors need some kind of pre-planned method to do the same thing - because they otherwise need to think.

AAAYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW?!

figsfiggyfigs

I couldn't care less if I'm an S or an N. I'm always almost 50 50 anyways.