MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Actually, the difference between Se and Si in paintings is interesting:

My Mom was an artist, and she always painted realistic reflections of objects. (Se)
    She was sensational at painting fruit and flowers. They were so realistic, it was stunning. She captured lighting and shadows to such a degree, you didn't think you were looking at a painting.

There's an old story behind that link.

Sim had insulted an ISTP who claimed to be "looking at the big picture." Sim thought it was funny, as if to suggest SPs couldn't possibly be "big picture" people. That's when I got annoyed with him, since I knew darn well what Linda Berens had written about SPs. That was the link I posted.

This is important:

Last year I was reading poki's posts and I kept picking up an Ni vibe from them. I think I even asked him, "Are you sure you're ISTP?" Well, shouldn't we be asking ourselves why people are making such a big deal in this forum about S and N when according to data I have seen, SPs are the most likely to think they're N? And why should that come as a shock, knowing full well we do not just develop the first two processes? It is very sloppy thinking, indeed, if people don't realize that everyone develops their processes at different rates of speed, and by claiming to prefer S doesn't mean you don't use intuition.

In addition, the biggest problem I see in this forum are people who are still attributing natural skill to the Dom function. Just because someone claims their Dom function is Ni or Ne, doesn't mean they are in any way gifted at "using" it. Frankly, they could be completely inept. So inept, they could actually use that as an excuse to think they're another type. I recall a member using that very line of reasoning for choosing ENFP over ENTP. I sat here thinking, "Did it ever occur to you you're really not an ENFP but an ENTP with poor Ti?"

All food for thought . . .
    Agreed... I think it's much more noticeable with F and T dominant types, that there can be some underdevelopment. For example, someone with a weak, but dominant Fi, (INFP, ISFP) can come off as not only insecure, but with loose morals and values... or an inconsistency of behavior... wrecklessness and moodiness. Such as an ISFP that's mean and spiteful, gets into fights easily, and easily influenced into bad behavior patterns.

I'd still argue that Se is capable of impressionist work as well... but the motivation behind it may be different. As I mentioned already, based more on a desire to play with lines, colors, textures, etc... as these are equally pleasing to our own Se.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

In addition, the biggest problem I see in this forum are people who are still attributing natural skill to the Dom function. Just because someone claims their Dom function is Ni or Ne, doesn't mean they are in any way gifted at "using" it. Frankly, they could be completely inept. So inept, they could actually use that as an excuse to think they're another type.
    This is worth quoting again for emphasis, since it seems to be a common mistake.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    STP

Last year I was reading poki's posts and I kept picking up an Ni vibe from them. I think I even asked him, "Are you sure you're ISTP?" Well, shouldn't we be asking ourselves why people are making such a big deal in this forum about S and N when according to data I have seen, SPs are the most likely to think they're N? And why should that come as a shock, knowing full well we do not just develop the first two processes? It is very sloppy thinking, indeed, if people don't realize that everyone develops their processes at different rates of speed, and by claiming to prefer S doesn't mean you don't use intuition.
    My dad is Dom Ni and mom Dom Ne. My N is really strong as I have learned to relate and work with both of them very well.

I do prefer S for play and N for learning. Different then say an ENFP who uses N for play and S to learn.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's a bit a matter of definition aswell with regards to how deep you want to go down the rabbit hole. That means instead of saying that an infp with weak morales has a semi-developed Fi of exactly .59 points and his Se is taking over the control and made Ne his bitch, you could say aswell that mbti just has its limits.

If you start to dig deep into the complex system that is the human psyche and take into consideration all the experiences and mental illnesses and so on of only one person, you'll just automatically think at some point that in comparison mbti is something quite superficial.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    If you start to dig deep into the complex system that is the human psyche and take into consideration all the experiences and mental illnesses and so on of only one person, you'll just automatically think at some point that in comparison mbti is something quite superficial.
    Every person experiences an unique string of events throughout their lives, and if we take in consideration that what we experience in life alters our personality, then personality is pretty much unique in everyone. Even though there are patterns that are some sort of a common ground of specific types of personality, the individual is unique.

But obviously everybody already knew that

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    1st bold: If I may, I think I can explain this a little better. S vs N is considered by many people (self included) to be the most significant dynamic to MBTI because these are the information gathering functions. Ns and Ss collect completely different types of data and thus understand the world differently. when by themselves, an S asks "what" "who" "where" and "when". an N asks "how" and "why"
    2nd bold: agreed, that is a horrible analogy. if anything, Sensors have an edge on Intuitive types, most of the best gamers I've met have been ISTPs
    3rd bold: it's not automatically clear, but it can happen EXTREMELY fast. older people frequently tell me I understand things about the world that took them 50 years to find out (I'm 19). it can also happen automatically, especially in N dominant people (ENPs and INJs)
    Elfy, you are usually on point, but not on one point. The information gathered is the same. What's done with it is different. Both analyze it, but the analysis is different .

An S (and I would hope an N) asks all 5 of the questions.

On a sidenote, I find it funny that Holmes is always the guy who advises Watson to build a case, and work from the details. He shuns the "big picture" theorizing a bit.. even though Holmes is often typed INTP and Watson ISFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

That's my Dad. You should have seen what happened when he saw me throw a penny in the trash.
    :horor:
    That's that OLD OLD school mentality. LOL. They will brake for a nickel sitting in the street.

When I clean off my dresser, sometimes I get so tired of picking the change I just sweep it all in the trash.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

In addition, the biggest problem I see in this forum are people who are still attributing natural skill to the Dom function. Just because someone claims their Dom function is Ni or Ne, doesn't mean they are in any way gifted at "using" it. Frankly, they could be completely inept. So inept, they could actually use that as an excuse to think they're another type. I recall a member using that very line of reasoning for choosing ENFP over ENTP. I sat here thinking, "Did it ever occur to you you're really not an ENFP but an ENTP with poor Ti?"
    What travesty is this? If we accept that what you say is true, then how can we continue using our type codes as proof of our superior intelligence/empathy/creativity/industry?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Every person experiences an unique string of events throughout their lives, and if we take in consideration that what we experience in life alters our personality, then personality is pretty much unique in everyone. Even though there are patterns that are some sort of a common ground of specific types of personality, the individual is unique.

But obviously everybody already knew that
    Not in this forum. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    That's that OLD OLD school mentality. LOL. They will brake for a nickel sitting in the street.
    My Dad is OLD OLD school, my friend! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    What travesty is this? If we accept that what you say is true, then how can we continue using our type codes as proof of our superior intelligence/empathy/creativity/industry?
    Oooh, Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I'd still argue that Se is capable of impressionist work as well... but the motivation behind it may be different. As I mentioned already, based more on a desire to play with lines, colors, textures, etc... as these are equally pleasing to our own Se.
    I decided to yank the art quote out of my post since I'd never want to suggest to anyone, "You can't do X."