First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Some Ss are sensory fails too, strange as that may seem. Being interested in sensory information isn't quite the same as noticing everything that goes on around you, unfortunately. I'm often looking around me but it's like "hey look at that" "look at that" "look at that" not seeing the whole environment. Last night for example, I was looking at the pretty snow falling on my walk home and didn't see anything else at all.

fair point!!

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411
    My tendency is to pick up on what's around me, but it doesn't mean that's what my mind is focused on or what I want to discuss, or dwell on it.
    that's a really good point. just because it's a tendency doesn't mean you're focused or interested. same holds true for N. i practice yoga and have found that it helps me shut down N and focus on S, which can be entirely more pleasing and engaging, not to mention lead to more insight.

i hope no one is reading N/S bias into my statements because there is definitely none believed, in either direction O_o;

1. Do you daydream a lot?

Yes

2. Are you often unaware of your surroundings?

If I was often unaware, I couldn't safely operate a car.

3. Are you abstract thinker or concrete thinker?

Both. I'm not an idiot. (The grammar in question #3 stinks.)

4. Can you easily see correlations between events?

Yes.

Congratulations. You're intuitive!

I don't need a test to tell me what I've known for decades, but thanks.

I'm sensitive to noise, perhaps I'm mistyped.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I'm sensitive to noise, perhaps I'm mistyped.
    SENSOR!!!

MBTI
    STP

1. Do you daydream a lot?
    No, I think alot.

2. Are you often unaware of your surroundings?
    No, I am generally very aware, but normally dont do anything about it, nor do I really care

3. Are you abstract thinker or concrete thinker?
    Abstract thinking is easier for me then actually visualizing something concrete.

4. Can you easily see correlations between events?
    Is this like one of those puzzles where we have to find the pictures that are similiar?

Congratulations. Im lost!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    True...

Sometimes I fail to see something right in front of me, and I'm the butt of the joke.

Additionally, it might be how the word is being used, but sensory information is not necessarily an interest of mine. My tendency is to pick up on what's around me, but it doesn't mean that's what my mind is focused on or what I want to discuss, or dwell on it. Interestingly, a lot of the stuff I remember I have no interest in retaining. It just sticks.
    I wonder if this has to do with the difference in Si and Se. From my understanding of the functions, Si isn't really aware of physical details, but more in tune with data, facts, that sort of thing. Where Se might look at a book, for instance, and say, "it's probably about 50 pages, because it's x inches thick;" Si would look to a known table of information and say, "the book is 52 pages." I think there's an important difference there between the sensing functions which people often overlook...it's the same way with Ni and Ne.

My understanding may be flawed though, in which case this post can be disregarded.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    ENTP

Questions like those are used in the MBTI tests I found online, to differentiate S from N.

My point was...How can these things be taken seriously?

Plus there are a lot of yes/no questions, that have no yes/no answer.

If everybody would be aware of their behavior , and would be able to quantify it in percentages, the questionnaire would be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    (The grammar in question #3 stinks.)
    English is not my first language.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am still looking for the "do you eat at burgerking or mcdonalds" question to differentiate between N or S
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Questions like those are used in the MBTI tests I found online, to differentiate S from N.

My point was...How can these things be taken seriously?

Plus there are a lot of yes/no questions, that have no yes/no answer.

If everybody would be aware of their behavior , and would be able to quantify it in percentages, the questionnaire would be valid.

English is not my first language.
    Oh, I already knew you were screwing around. I've seen your posts in other threads which address the same issues I have with the whole testing process. Not only are the questions ridiculous, we're all operating on different levels of consciousness.

Since English is not your first language, you're forgiven.

I don't daydream a lot unless there's a crush or something bothering me or I'm drawing or getting creative. Something like that.. The juices have to start flowing from something. The "crush" thing is a stretch though. I mean, it's only every once in awhile that I'm interested in that way. Basically, I don't think I'm too out of the ordinary here. You could call me ISFP if you want.

I'm not in the "moment" to the point where I'm naturally impacting the moment, but I can notice a small detail, and if it's interesting, I might exhaust it's implications or one way or another.. maybe it's something that inspires or provokes new thought and I'll start rambling about it. That, or my knack for details may go beyond what the average person may see at times. I might compliment someone on something that surprisingly, no one took the time to. Or I might get pissed off and snag someone on something they thought they were being slick about. Saying that I'm not in the moment would imply that you can fool me - which isn't easily done, if you want my opinion.