User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I still dont understand why noone calls you crazy if you run on the street telling everyone you are entp, but everyone thinks you are crazy when you run on the street and tell everyone you are a spacepilot
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Well the point of the OP was basically "It was so hard for me to admit I'm a sensor, so maybe it is hard for the current intuitives as well." And my proposition is maybe it was actually hard to become S because you actually are N. If the new type doesn't seem right, then it probably isn't.

I'm pretty sure I'm intuitive because that's what I show preference for. It isn't much more difficult than that =P
    Ah, right, lol.

Perhaps it's easier for people with their perceiving function being extroverted sensing/intuition (ESxPs, ENxPs) and introverted sensing/intuition (ISxJs, INxJs) to see where they sit on the N/S divide and harder for others when it's their judging function (because following it is the inverse in the tertiary function).

Using the OP as an example as an ISFP: Fi, [Se, Ni], Te. Or and ENFJ: Fe, [Ni, Se], Ti. The line gets a little blurry.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I still dont understand why noone calls you crazy if you run on the street telling everyone you are entp, but everyone thinks you are crazy when you run on the street and tell everyone you are a spacepilot
    That's because most people know what an astronaut is, but don't know what an ENTP is.

Besides, it's considered acceptable to say that you're an Aries, Libra, Taurus or something in many circles... they would probably chalk it up to something like that if they knew what was going on.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know about that, I'm a definite N and my spouse is a definite S... and I can see major differences in the way we perceive the world.

For example, the other day he called me while I was at work, after office hours. All of a sudden, he's like, "Wow, isn't it a little late for the phone to be ringing in your office?" I said, "What? The phone wasn't ringing." I totally hadn't noticed it, but when I thought about it, I realized that my coworker's phone had been ringing. My husband heard it and noticed it from the other end of a phone call with me, and I didn't notice it when I was sitting right next to it. He takes in information through his senses, WAY more than I do. Of course I use my senses too, but a lot of times I don't notice things like that until they are pointed out to me.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200
    That's because most people know what an astronaut is, but don't know what an ENTP is.
    seconded

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I've actually met a number of ISFP's that believe they are an INFP, INFJ, or ENFP. It's typically because they have a strong Ni and a strong idealism, and so they believe themselves INFP or INFJ... when they're so obviously stereotypical ISFP with a definite showing Se. But this is typically something I've noticed of real life friends that don't really have a deep interest in mbti... merely took it for a class or because a psych major friend had them do it. So, I guess it shouldn't bother me... but for some reason it does.... because I think, "You're an absolutely ah-mazing ISFP and you need to embrace it!"
    yeah, i could see how an ISFP could seem really NF, especially given a strong tertiary. some ENFPs seem really SP, too... personally i relate about as much to the artisan temperament as the idealist temperament.

but like aquarelle pointed out, most Ns are sensory fails. i definitely do not even notice huge changes in a room sometimes because i'm so up in my head about some abstract thing or another. minus ENFJs, who are lucky to have tert Se (though ime, it's unusual to find an NJ who is unsure of their type).

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    but like aquarelle pointed out, most Ns are sensory fails. i definitely do not even notice huge changes in a room sometimes because i'm so up in my head about some abstract thing or another. minus ENFJs, who are lucky to have tert Se (though ime, it's unusual to find an NJ who is unsure of their type).
    Some Ss are sensory fails too, strange as that may seem. Being interested in sensory information isn't quite the same as noticing everything that goes on around you, unfortunately. I'm often looking around me but it's like "hey look at that" "look at that" "look at that" not seeing the whole environment. Last night for example, I was looking at the pretty snow falling on my walk home and didn't see anything else at all.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Some Ss are sensory fails too, strange as that may seem. Being interested in sensory information isn't quite the same as noticing everything that goes on around you, unfortunately. I'm often looking around me but it's like "hey look at that" "look at that" "look at that" not seeing the whole environment. Last night for example, I was looking at the pretty snow falling on my walk home and didn't see anything else at all.
    I think a huge part of Se is "not" taking things inside. Leaving them out in the environment, so to say. Which means we may focus on "oooh shiny" and leave everything else in the environment. Or other times we may notice everything but still not take things inside.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

ummmmmmm. no.....
    ... I don't really want to take this further with you, but what is it specifically you're trying to say? *Out of interest.*

MBTI
    INTJ

True...

Sometimes I fail to see something right in front of me, and I'm the butt of the joke.

Additionally, it might be how the word is being used, but sensory information is not necessarily an interest of mine. My tendency is to pick up on what's around me, but it doesn't mean that's what my mind is focused on or what I want to discuss, or dwell on it. Interestingly, a lot of the stuff I remember I have no interest in retaining. It just sticks.