User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 138

  1. #121
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retmeishka View Post
    McD is a great job for an SP and I have enjoyed it a lot more than other jobs I've had.
    Well, if we're aiming that high.....
    -end of thread-

  2. #122
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default



    contrary to stereotypical expectations, my favorite job thus far has involved outdoor manual labor.

  3. #123
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Does it matter wether you are S or N in the end? There are plenty of Ns who aren't quite capable of persuing a normal life, or interacting with people normally....and it isn't an T/F thing either.

    P.s. I'm told I'm quite sensory in the way I take things, but I'm definitely intuitive, but then I gather I'm one of the very few who's taken an official MBTI assesment. (I think y'all would be dissappointed).
    Truth is I had way more trouble with the T/F divide, and I'm still not entirely convinced I'm INFP.( I have one women who tells me I have the vibe of INFP, even though there is a guy with extremely similar thought processes who self identifies as INTP, I can only put down this insistance to sex sterotypes.) However that's another thread for another day.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #124
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Does it matter wether you are S or N in the end? There are plenty of Ns who aren't quite capable of persuing a normal life, or interacting with people normally....and it isn't an T/F thing either.

    P.s. I'm told I'm quite sensory in the way I take things, but I'm definitely intuitive, but then I gather I'm one of the very few who's taken an official MBTI assesment. (I think y'all would be dissappointed)..
    I've taken official tests twice (spread out between about 15 years), and got INFP in both. I feel like I'm on a whole IXXP spectrum in some ways though (even ISTP at times if I think about it). Both N/S and T/F divides.

    What do you mean by taking things in a sensory way? I can be detailed, but I'm not really making the most of it, I guess. I don't find some kind of pleasure in my senses. Just to use minor examples, I never talk about "eye candy" in the same way an SP might. And people kind of comment that I eat too fast.. like I don't savor anything. There's a lack of hedonism going on (hedonism in the mundane sense..). I don't know if that means anything, but it's different than SPs from what I can tell.

    That all said, I'm quite capable of moving my arms and legs... and things of that nature. I can even play sports. Together with my pet monkey, I might be able to make some money from these tricks. The N that can do things. Call me a circus freak.

  5. #125
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    I gather I'm one of the very few who's taken an official MBTI assesment. (I think y'all would be dissappointed).
    Please. I have thrice taken an "official" MBTI assessment (one in college with a counselor, one online, and one online with a phone assessment) and received INFP, INTJ, and INTP. The tests are pretty much meaningless.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #126
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Please. I have thrice taken an "official" MBTI assessment (one in college with a counselor, one online, and one online with a phone assessment) and received INFP, INTJ, and INTP. The tests are pretty much meaningless.
    In the first case for me, I was already seeing a counselor and one day noticed a bunch of Jung books on his wall. I asked about them, and that prompted him to get me tested. Afterwards, his response was along the lines of "Oh.. yeah." He knew me pretty well, and just kind of gave me descriptions, and then we moved on and talked about the Talking Heads or some shit. It could be the most "meaningful" test I had. Oddly, for not putting much thought into it.

  7. #127
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Please. I have thrice taken an "official" MBTI assessment (one in college with a counselor, one online, and one online with a phone assessment) and received INFP, INTJ, and INTP. The tests are pretty much meaningless.
    I think it's a fair assumption reading this entire thread that the majority of people have only taken online tests. And top marks for misintrepretation....I said people would be dissappointed when they took the official version.
    There was no elitist agenda. Just a statment, of which I should have quite obviously justified, clarified, and defined, so no-one would jump to conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I've taken official tests twice (spread out between about 15 years), and got INFP in both. I feel like I'm on a whole IXXP spectrum in some ways though (even ISTP at times if I think about it). Both N/S and T/F divides.

    What do you mean by taking things in a sensory way? I can be detailed, but I'm not really making the most of it, I guess. I don't find some kind of pleasure in my senses. Just to use minor examples, I never talk about "eye candy" in the same way an SP might. And people kind of comment that I eat too fast.. like I don't savor anything. There's a lack of hedonism going on (hedonism in the mundane sense..). I don't know if that means anything, but it's different than SPs from what I can tell.

    That all said, I'm quite capable of moving my arms and legs... and things of that nature. I can even play sports. Together with my pet monkey, I might be able to make some money from these tricks. The N that can do things. Call me a circus freak.
    Right, what ev, I meant sensory as in hypervilgilant. Many, Many people people have noted that I figdet, can't keep still. Psychologists have noted I take in loads of enviromental details, more than what is average. I didn't mean sensory in the MBTI sense. I meant I seek out alot of sensory input. More than average, so it's notable. It wasn't a statement made to make myself appear special. No elitist agenda there. Just a statement about my personal perception.



    What is it with people in this thread willfully misinterprating statements, it's like y'all want to get offended. Are people going to tell me all intuitives function well in mainstream society. I'm sure there are some sensor that don't function very well either, but there is no denying there are more than few intuitives so caught up in seeing patterns ect (excuse me for being Ne-centric, but seeing as I understand that better, I used it as an example) ect, ect, that they find it very hard to relate to people in general, including other intuitives. I wasn't making any reference to sporting abilities, or even threading a needle...I had thought processes very much in mind.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #128
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Uh, for what it's worth, I was just asking what you meant by sensory, just to see if it was like me. I didn't mean anything by it or was offended about anything.

    I'm questioning the idea of intuitives not being able to physically function like you are. Jung never wrote about it that way, but even if he did, I'd still question it. The reason why is that I have eyeballs, fingers, toes, bones, muscles.. the whole works. There is no cognitive/MBTI reason why I wouldn't use them. I am a human being. Not some monstrosity.. like one of those chickens that are bred to be nothing but Long John Silver planks and Mcdonald's chicken mcnuggets.. I can imagine they're probably little blobs of boneless chicken husks. Now THERE's a chicken that probably can't do much physically. And I'm not the human equivalent. Being NF or NT doesn't automatically doesn't put you in some useless category like this.

  9. #129
    meinmeinmein! mmhmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    totally posted in the wrong thread
    Last edited by mmhmm; 02-13-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: oops
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

  10. #130
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I would say anyone who enjoys solving the unknown can be rightly dubbed an intuitive. Which would mean that bein intuitive is in itself fluid and some people frequent that urge more than others. Making them more "intuitive" and thus receiving the N. I am starting to dislike talk about rarity, because it inevitably leads to an argument on intelligence which has nothing to do with type theory.

Similar Threads

  1. Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
  2. How is it that some people are Sensors and others Intuitives?
    By trickyleg in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
  3. What are the most sought after personality types? and the ones you detest...
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 10:06 AM
  4. Why do you think that you are misunderstood ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO