User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is the United States?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTP

    8 36.36%
  • ESTJ

    5 22.73%
  • ESFJ

    8 36.36%
  • Other

    1 4.55%
First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 23

  1. #11
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    eSxJ
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  2. #12

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    America is an SJ society that idolizes the SP temperament.

  4. #14
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Kansas is ESFJ 6w7, but wanna be ESTP, ESFP and ENFP
    - constant gossip
    - lots of nagging
    - overly concerned about what others think of them
    - not rational at all
    - extremely reactive
    - if you're intellectual, they think you're weird or stuck up
    - obsessed with being politically correct
    - expect you to feel a certain way about everything, and if you don't, they're offended
    - take everything personally
    - think you're selfish if you're N, T or Self Preservation at all
    - they interpret everything you say in the worst way possible and put words in your mouth
    - if you're introverted, they think you're being "anti social" even though they have no idea what either introversion or anti social mean
    - they say "it's not about the money" and then turn around and work 50 hours a week... for money
    - they think they're being unique by dressing like a hippie and deliberately having terrible fashion sense and then they tell you you're "trying to fit in" when you dress well or actually have a good sense in fashion.
    - people think you're weird if you try to have any kind of deep conversation at all
    - kind of 7-ish, but get offended if you're too 7-ish
    - they try to be unique for the sake of conforming and then tell you you're conforming by not being like them.
    - exceedingly clique-ish
    - they insist on "being themselves" even though they don't at all and they just want to do so because authority figures and peers want them too
    - they are obsessed with their friends
    - everything they care about is petty and absolutely worthless

    PS: not to bash ESFJs or 6w7s, but America has the worst qualities of both these types

  5. #15
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I don't just mean out of the options. You can write in another type in your post, and say "other."

    If you really do think ESTP, I would have to agree with you.

    My biggest criticism of the US tends to be that we don't pay attention to the future, don't plan things out, and we're so individualistic and competitive that we're not willing to cooperate and actually get anything done. That doesn't sound very SJ, actually. We can be overly traditional, but I don't see any sense of consistency in what we keep and what we don't, where you would with an SJ. Obviously, this is frustrating.
    I agree with you on that. which is why I'm inclined to say ISFP or INFP. That unwillingness to budge etc. DOES seem very Fi, though, which might be why everyone's saying SJ. But American politics (and foreign policy) seems to be dominated by knee-jerk reactions (based VERY VERY MUCH on the nation version of Fi). I might rule out INFP, though, because America is so action-oriented... meaning my vote, for now, goes with ISFP.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #16
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I agree with you on that. which is why I'm inclined to say ISFP or INFP. That unwillingness to budge etc. DOES seem very Fi, though, which might be why everyone's saying SJ. But American politics (and foreign policy) seems to be dominated by knee-jerk reactions (based VERY VERY MUCH on the nation version of Fi). I might rule out INFP, though, because America is so action-oriented... meaning my vote, for now, goes with ISFP.
    Huh. You know, I didn't actually think of IFP, but... that could work. I've historically had more trouble understanding Fi than any other function (my preference for Fe over Fi is strong). Even Te and Se. In any case, I can definitely see xSFP... or even NFP. Yikes, the latter would mean that I have one type of idealism, and America idealizes the opposite of it. That might be tough.

    What would be interesting about this, though... is that it means we could be projecting an ENTJ shadow onto the rest of the world, which is why others see us as imperialistic and throwing our weight around when anything bad happens. Because we're acting like BAD ETJs, without any of the positive qualities of those types. And we don't see it in ourselves.

  7. #17
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default



    wait... just because you don't understand one thing, and you don't understand another, doesn't make those things the same. i blow ass at understanding Ti, but that doesn't make everything else i don't understand or like Ti, unless it actually works like Ti.

    the US as an ISFP: relatively quiet, aesthetic, original, perceptive, caring, disliking control, and avant garde?
    or INFP: a quiet dreamer, imaginative, creative, authentic, ethical, sensitive, and introspective?

    do you really think of the US as either of these?

    i know i said it once but i feel like this isn't a good way of going about things. you're just taking functions you dislike / don't understand / don't associate with and projecting them onto something else you don't like. i just feel like it's not helpful to make negative associations out of nothing :/

  8. #18
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    the US as an ISFP: relatively quiet, aesthetic, original, perceptive, caring, disliking control, and avant garde?
    or INFP: a quiet dreamer, imaginative, creative, authentic, ethical, sensitive, and introspective?

    do you really think of the US as either of these?
    Good point. Whoops! Sorry about that.

    I still think the US is an Fi type, because of the knee-jerk reactions I explained earlier. Maybe an irrational ESTJ. Maybe even ENFP?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #19
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    no it's ok! i didn't mean to jump on you or athenian, it was just a Fi "wait-that's-not-quite-right" thing, lol

    haha, that same knee-jerk thing you were talking about actually... i do see what you mean with that. it's a sort of identity-defense thing, and i agree that the US is strong in terms of defending its identity in some ways... though it's interesting to me, because we have more of a "fighting spirit" than a deep-rooted culture, you know?

    how do you feel about ESTJ? i have a hard time seeing the US as ENFP because it's not always very Ne-friendly. some cities are, certainly - NYC i think might well be - but a lot of more conservative social stuff is inhibitory for Ne. to be honest, i have a hard time characterizing the US as a whole as anything, really. it's just so different in different places, and to different groups of people. but, such is the curse of Ne - not much skill at narrowing down

  10. #20
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post


    wait... just because you don't understand one thing, and you don't understand another, doesn't make those things the same. i blow ass at understanding Ti, but that doesn't make everything else i don't understand or like Ti, unless it actually works like Ti.

    the US as an ISFP: relatively quiet, aesthetic, original, perceptive, caring, disliking control, and avant garde?
    or INFP: a quiet dreamer, imaginative, creative, authentic, ethical, sensitive, and introspective?

    do you really think of the US as either of these?

    i know i said it once but i feel like this isn't a good way of going about things. you're just taking functions you dislike / don't understand / don't associate with and projecting them onto something else you don't like. i just feel like it's not helpful to make negative associations out of nothing :/
    I said xSFP, I believe. I was actually leaning more towards ESFP, because that could be justified as easily as ESTP, I suppose. I just wasn't completely ruling out the IFP types.

    And I don't want to make negative associations out of nothing, I want to make negative associations out of something. Which means... I really want to figure out which function it resembles. I'm just having trouble finding clarity on the subject.

Similar Threads

  1. MMORPG's (WoW, Guild Wars, etc.) and MBTI types
    By Maverick in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 10:18 AM
  2. Smiling in Pictures and MBTI Type
    By thirtyfour in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 11:08 PM
  3. What is America's MBTI type?
    By Dufresne in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 09:28 PM
  4. The MBTI types of MLB stars.
    By ferunandesu in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 04:53 PM
  5. Collective Nouns for MBTI Types
    By JivinJeffJones in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO