• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does these "stress point" describe you well?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this doesn't sound like me at all. when I'm under stress, I tend to shut down and get very analytical and objective.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFPs have a tendency to overextend themselves in both their physical and emotional commitments. Their proclivity to procrastinate and to overlook details complicates their circumstances. ENFPs often move on to new ventures without completing those they have already started. Their charming personalities can show signs of irritability and over-sensitivity when their desires to please different people come into conflict. During times of stress, ENFPs feel alienated. They then engage in deceptions that serve to obscure what is occurring within themselves.

The ENFP finds symbolic meanings behind the immediate circumstances. These meanings are construed as foreboding problems when ENFPs are under stress. Having a pervasive feeling of losing control over their own independent identities, ENFPs will feel virtually split apart by intruding circumstances. They will be "besides themselves" and "just not all there" — as if something, or someone, has taken away the essence of who they are. Not feeling like themselves, the ENFP will become subject to their own feelings of shame for being a phony, a fake or an impostor. If stress continues to grow, they may attribute malevolent schemes to others in order to explain away their fears.
ENTPs value their ability to use imagination and innovation to deal with problems. Trusting in their ingenuity to get them out of trouble, they often neglect to prepare sufficiently for any given situation. This characteristic, combined with their tendency to underestimate the time needed to complete a project, may cause the ENTP to become over-extended, and to work frequently beyond expected time limits. Complicating this situation is their predisposition to experiment with new solutions. This makes them eager to move on to the next challenge when things get boring. ENTPs become stressed when their improvisational abilities are ineffective and they will avoid circumstances where they might fail.

If stress continues, ENTPs become distracted and their "can do" attitude is threatened. Feelings of incompetence, ineptness, and inadequacy take over. They need to escape situations that are associated with anxiety is more prominent for the ENTP than for any other personality type. Doubtful of whether they will have what it takes to accomplish a task, they displace their fears onto situations they can elude. Panic, fear, and anxiety then block the expression of their creativity. Defensive phobic reactions cause the ENTP to circumvent achievement in other areas and prevent the success they strive on.

I relate a lot more to the ENTP under stress, but this is still really good, I think.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
umm... yeah... sarcasm IS the proper way to rebel isn't it? :unsure:

along with ignoring rules and being all around grumpy about feeling so dead to the task that there's no more thrill to it... :boohoo:

KDude

I've read that before. I fluctuate between the two ITPs, but more of the ISTP actually. I'm definitely not self-sacrificial or pleasing anyone at the cost of my identity.. if that's an IFP. I'm not even sure how long I could fake that even if someone paid me. I'd screw it up eventually.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFP

INFPs feel internal turmoil when they find themselves in situations in which there is conflict between their inner code of ethics and their relationships with others. They feel caught between pleasing others and maintaining their own integrity. Their natural tendency to identify with others, compounded with their self-sacrificial dispositions, tends to leave them confused as to who they really are. Their quiet personalities further feeds their feelings of depersonalization. The INFP's quest for self-identity then seems even more alluring — but increasingly impossible to attain.

As with all NFs, the INFP will feel lost and perplexed at stressful times. As stress builds, INFPs become disconnected from their own personality and perceived place in life. They will lose sight of who they are in relation to time and place. They may not make basic observations, while instead they will focus on the more abstract and symbolic meanings of a particular interaction. This can sometimes baffle those who expect more direct communication and a fairly concrete relationship.

To a certain extent I can agree with this, although Ihaven't read the other type stres's yet to see if I actually identify with any other more. Also, I remain a little skeptical of how reliable these assertions are, in addation to the website and author.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ

INTJs’ precision thinking and need for accuracy causes them to be inflexible at times. Having thought out a strategy, the INTJ may stubbornly disregard those who they think have not spent as much time reflecting on an idea as they have. This, along with their drive to produce something significant, can make them demanding and difficult. If their plans and solutions fall short of their high standards, INTJ's feel pressured — as if everything is on the line. "Everything," for an INTJ, is the competence and ability to produce something significant. Fear of not living up to this expectation will increase their stress and possibly dissuade them from risking or trying out their ideas. They may then find themselves thinking about ideas that do not have a meaningful or productive end.

When stress increases, the INTJ can become argumentative and disagreeable. Social interaction, which is not their strength, becomes increasingly difficult for them. Not trusting their own abilities, they become preoccupied with obsessive notions. The INTJ may then find themselves spending an inordinate amount of time fighting horrible thoughts, tempting absurdities, and feelings of worthlessness. Fearful of others recognizing their perceived failure, the INTJ incessantly ruminates about mistakes, inadequacies, weaknesses, ineptness, and incompetence. Because this distracts them from risking what little confidence they may have left in themselves, it therefore keeps them from obtaining the success and achievement they so desperately need.

Add lots of biting sarcasm and it's a pretty good fit.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just about all of it fits.

INTPs lack follow-through and this can isolate their ideas from practical examination. Their notions become over-intellectualized and too abstract to be of practical benefit. With their sharp critical thinking and analytical abilities, INTPs tend to nit-pick, hair-split, and generally overdo simple issues. Their desire for accuracy and precision exacerbates any error they may perceive in themselves or in others — they are, in other words, highly self-critical. Wanting to be competent and know everything, their standards grow increasingly higher. When fear of failing becomes overly pronounced, INTPs are quick to feel unintelligent, slow, and powerless.

If stress continues, the INTP's mind seems to freeze and block out the vital information it has worked so hard to accumulate. Their creative juices stop flowing and they suffer from stage fright, writers block, and a general inhibition of their ingenious thinking and fluent language skills. Preoccupied with performance failure, INTPs become self-consciously distracted in anticipation of their failure. If the stress becomes too overwhelming, the fear of blanking out prevents them from taking risks in areas they desire to succeed in. Attempting to avoid incompetence, they fail to gain the expertise and mastery they so desperately need.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
dunno, i cant relate to INTP fully and i can also relate to INTJ and ISTJ in some levels, but none of them give good full description, even when combined

this doesn't sound like me at all. when I'm under stress, I tend to shut down and get very analytical and objective.

i think this is about greater stress that is continuing for long periods of time. what you describe is what usually ENFPs do when they are just annoyed that can be caused by short term stressful situation.

gromit

likes this
I relate to all of the FPs, and to the ENTP a bit, surprisingly.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
"ENTPs are stressed when they can't improvise, and they avoid circumstances where they might fail"

No shit Sherlock. Nobody could've figured out that. I can't imagine somebody who would choose a difficult task where they might fail when they are stressed.:shock:

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't imagine somebody who would choose a difficult task where they might fail when they are stressed.:shock:

I thought of it:

ENTPs become stressed when their improvisational abilities are ineffective and they will avoid circumstances where they might fail.

(also, it just said "circumstances" not necessarily difficult circumstances.)

In light of this:

They need to escape situations that are associated with anxiety is more prominent for the ENTP than for any other personality type. Doubtful of whether they will have what it takes to accomplish a task, they displace their fears onto situations they can elude.

Not all people (or every type) will become that avoidant under stress. Some people actually do the opposite and go the reckless abandon route (ESxPs might have a tendency to do this [?] )

By causing a scene, ESTPs rejuvenate their fading spirits and at the same time punish their oppressors. Like all SPs under stress, ESTPs get even by undoing the barriers to freedom, especially though gaining the trust and cooperation of others.

ESFPs penalize those responsible for obstructing their freedom while, at the same time, they restore excitement back into their own lives. Having not obtained freedom through appropriate behavior, ESFPs overwhelmed with stress will behave in ways that are unproductive to themselves and others.

I think the point was most about avoidance anyway. I understand what you mean, but the point was how this is specific to ENTPs under stress, and looking at it, it's easy to see why given how different anxious, pessimistic avoidance is from their natural optimistic, confident, improvising, risk-taking MO. Put in that context, I think it makes more sense. :shrug:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
If I have to believe these things are true, I'd be STP. However, there is no perfect description of the way I am in stressful situations. The STP ones are the way I acted when I was younger, but for the last few years I'm not exactly conscious of stress anymore. I just put the stress away and then I just focus on the good things. I just get it out of my mind. When my life gets stressful, the only way it shows is by ruining my immune system. I get the flue, eye infections, colds, things like that. Like right now I have a cold for over a month. :biggrin:

Anyways, my official type is probably something like ENTP of ENFP. I don't exactly identify with them myself and the way I behave under stress doesn't suit those descriptions either. I don't suddenly start feeling fake and my creativity doesn't get blocked. In fact, when I'm stressed even feel more creative and I get more productive. If you want me to get working, all you need to do is put a gun to my head. Scary deadlines work well too.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP

INFPs feel internal turmoil when they find themselves in situations in which there is conflict between their inner code of ethics and their relationships with others emotional desires. They feel caught between pleasing others their emotional desires & fantasies and maintaining their own integrity. Their natural tendency to identify with others fantasize, compounded with their self-sacrificial melancholy dispositions, tends to leave them confused as to who they really are dissatisfied with reality. Their quiet personalities further feeds their feelings of depersonalization. The INFP's quest for self-identity in terms of what is real as opposed to an inner ideal fantasy then seems even more alluring — but increasingly impossible to attain.

As with all NFs, the INFP will feel lost and perplexed at stressful times. As stress builds, INFPs become disconnected from their own personality and perceived place in life. They will lose sight of who they are in relation to time and place. They may not make basic observations, while instead they will focus on the more abstract and symbolic meanings of a particular interaction. This can sometimes baffle those who expect more direct communication and a fairly concrete relationship.

----

I fixed it for 4s, as it read heavily as e9. :coffee:

EDIT: The INTJ description resonates waaaaay more as-is, strangely enough.