User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does these "stress point" describe you well?

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

Just about all of it fits.

INTPs lack follow-through and this can isolate their ideas from practical examination. Their notions become over-intellectualized and too abstract to be of practical benefit. With their sharp critical thinking and analytical abilities, INTPs tend to nit-pick, hair-split, and generally overdo simple issues. Their desire for accuracy and precision exacerbates any error they may perceive in themselves or in others — they are, in other words, highly self-critical. Wanting to be competent and know everything, their standards grow increasingly higher. When fear of failing becomes overly pronounced, INTPs are quick to feel unintelligent, slow, and powerless.

If stress continues, the INTP's mind seems to freeze and block out the vital information it has worked so hard to accumulate. Their creative juices stop flowing and they suffer from stage fright, writers block, and a general inhibition of their ingenious thinking and fluent language skills. Preoccupied with performance failure, INTPs become self-consciously distracted in anticipation of their failure. If the stress becomes too overwhelming, the fear of blanking out prevents them from taking risks in areas they desire to succeed in. Attempting to avoid incompetence, they fail to gain the expertise and mastery they so desperately need.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

5w4 sx

dunno, i cant relate to INTP fully and i can also relate to INTJ and ISTJ in some levels, but none of them give good full description, even when combined

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this doesn't sound like me at all. when I'm under stress, I tend to shut down and get very analytical and objective.
    i think this is about greater stress that is continuing for long periods of time. what you describe is what usually ENFPs do when they are just annoyed that can be caused by short term stressful situation.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

I relate to all of the FPs, and to the ENTP a bit, surprisingly.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

"ENTPs are stressed when they can't improvise, and they avoid circumstances where they might fail"

No shit Sherlock. Nobody could've figured out that. I can't imagine somebody who would choose a difficult task where they might fail when they are stressed.

9w1 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    I can't imagine somebody who would choose a difficult task where they might fail when they are stressed.
    I thought of it:

ENTPs become stressed when their improvisational abilities are ineffective and they will avoid circumstances where they might fail.
    (also, it just said "circumstances" not necessarily difficult circumstances.)

In light of this:

They need to escape situations that are associated with anxiety is more prominent for the ENTP than for any other personality type. Doubtful of whether they will have what it takes to accomplish a task, they displace their fears onto situations they can elude.
    Not all people (or every type) will become that avoidant under stress. Some people actually do the opposite and go the reckless abandon route (ESxPs might have a tendency to do this [?] )

By causing a scene, ESTPs rejuvenate their fading spirits and at the same time punish their oppressors. Like all SPs under stress, ESTPs get even by undoing the barriers to freedom, especially though gaining the trust and cooperation of others.
    ESFPs penalize those responsible for obstructing their freedom while, at the same time, they restore excitement back into their own lives. Having not obtained freedom through appropriate behavior, ESFPs overwhelmed with stress will behave in ways that are unproductive to themselves and others.

I think the point was most about avoidance anyway. I understand what you mean, but the point was how this is specific to ENTPs under stress, and looking at it, it's easy to see why given how different anxious, pessimistic avoidance is from their natural optimistic, confident, improvising, risk-taking MO. Put in that context, I think it makes more sense.

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

If I have to believe these things are true, I'd be STP. However, there is no perfect description of the way I am in stressful situations. The STP ones are the way I acted when I was younger, but for the last few years I'm not exactly conscious of stress anymore. I just put the stress away and then I just focus on the good things. I just get it out of my mind. When my life gets stressful, the only way it shows is by ruining my immune system. I get the flue, eye infections, colds, things like that. Like right now I have a cold for over a month.

Anyways, my official type is probably something like ENTP of ENFP. I don't exactly identify with them myself and the way I behave under stress doesn't suit those descriptions either. I don't suddenly start feeling fake and my creativity doesn't get blocked. In fact, when I'm stressed even feel more creative and I get more productive. If you want me to get working, all you need to do is put a gun to my head. Scary deadlines work well too.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

INFPs feel internal turmoil when they find themselves in situations in which there is conflict between their inner code of ethics and their relationships with others emotional desires. They feel caught between pleasing others their emotional desires & fantasies and maintaining their own integrity. Their natural tendency to identify with others fantasize, compounded with their self-sacrificial melancholy dispositions, tends to leave them confused as to who they really are dissatisfied with reality. Their quiet personalities further feeds their feelings of depersonalization. The INFP's quest for self-identity in terms of what is real as opposed to an inner ideal fantasy then seems even more alluring — but increasingly impossible to attain.

As with all NFs, the INFP will feel lost and perplexed at stressful times. As stress builds, INFPs become disconnected from their own personality and perceived place in life. They will lose sight of who they are in relation to time and place. They may not make basic observations, while instead they will focus on the more abstract and symbolic meanings of a particular interaction. This can sometimes baffle those who expect more direct communication and a fairly concrete relationship.

I fixed it for 4s, as it read heavily as e9.

EDIT: The INTJ description resonates waaaaay more as-is, strangely enough.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive