User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Default Types and Deja Vu

I'm as most of you know an ESTP. I just had a Deja Vu experience for real, I actually remembered dreaming this particular thing and I remember this particular dream very well, had it a few nights ago, and it just happened

It was me cooking chicken nuggets and garlic baguettes in a frying pan, thinking a specific weird thought that I don't want to elaborate on.
    That is not ordinary to cook together, and no garlic baguette slices in a frying pan anyway And the thought was so very specific.

I can't dismiss that I do actually somehow believe in that dreams sometimes are true and will happen in actuality.

How do you other types experience this?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Enneagram
    1w2

Moved to MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

One of my friends yesterday told me that serious deja vu is actually a symptom of epilepsy. I don't exactly know or understand how the two relate, but perhaps someone could elaborate if they too have heard about this.

As an ESTP, I wouldn't be surprised if you experienced it. Your dominant function is Se, related wholely to experience and detail of experience(s). If you are so attuned to your environment, naturally you might feel you had experienced something similar. So, essentially, I'm willing to bet that Se types experience deja vu more than non-Se types do.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I tend to have "double deja vu", where I'll have a deja vu, than have the same deja vu sometime in the future, where I remember that I had it the first time. It produces a weird feeling of me "predicting" a deja vu.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Ezra, the case might be as you think, actually. I'm very much a detail person when it comes to the world around me.. But I can assure you... I generally don't eat chicken nuggets. And i've never done garlic bread at the same time, and thinking that special weirdass thought. Actually I was thinking about an ex, with wich it ended a couple of years back. And the thought was very precise. Wich is strange, because I remember that exact combination of things from earlier. And I forgot to mention the song playing in the background, Real McKenzies - Loch Lomond. Haven't heard that in a long time either.

But yeah, it might have been a sign of the myelin fat (is the nerve-fat thingy called myelin in english medical language?) being deteriorized or something, because I hadn't slept much.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    infp

Its happened to me a few times, too. Sometimes week later, sometimes years later. How do I experience it?

Its just a fascinating aspect of dreams, dreams are not real, yet they seem to have an uncanny relation to reality. Deja Vu is one part of this. I find them very mysterious and trippy.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    I tend to have "double deja vu", where I'll have a deja vu, than have the same deja vu sometime in the future, where I remember that I had it the first time. It produces a weird feeling of me "predicting" a deja vu.
    When you predict a deja vu and it happens anyway as if destined... thats crazy. Its happened to me once or twice.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I don't know how it relates to type... sometimes I get that. A sense of feeling that the deja vu will happen. But I have inferior Se though... so it always feels like I vaguely recall what's going to happen. How a conversation goes for instance. But I have no idea where the thought came from. A very strange feeling indeed.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    I had a deja vu today. They usually only last for a few seconds. I may have only experienced less than a dozen in my whole life. I have no idea where they come from, but sometimes I think it can be something I experienced first in a dream.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am an ESFJ, and I get deja vu constantly. I used to think that maybe I just did the same things over and over, but I have had dreams that ended up happening in just the same way.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"