• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type has the most trouble controlling their temper?

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • ISFJ

• ESFP

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • ISFP

• ESTJ

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESTP

• ISTP

• ENTJ

• INTJ

• ENTP

• INTP

• Total voters

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

R

ReflecTcelfeR

ESxP's. The dominant Se allows them to just go with the immediate flow so if an aspect of that is anger they might be the quickest to let it get out of hand.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
That's a reasonably good answer, but I think TJs are also up there...

Te is a rather forceful function even in neutral circumstances; in more heated circumstances, it just gets worse.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I thought that too, but I didn't really categorize forceful with anger. At least it wouldn't view itself as angry just 'Doing meh job."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Whatever type JTG is, apparently.

How many times can he tell me to burn in hell?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Probs es-j e12 sx/sp unhealthies.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ESTJ males and ESFJ females. Right? Do we even have to ask? hmmmm

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Especially if she's burped up your butt with a straw.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought that too, but I didn't really categorize forceful with anger. At least it wouldn't view itself as angry just 'Doing meh job."

Yep, exactly--do the job right or get out of the way and that anger evaporates. Got a ENTJ sister, an ESTJ cousin and friend and I see this with them...it's not personal.

ESFJ--it gets personal. And ugly.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep, exactly--do the job right or get out of the way and that anger evaporates. Got a ENTJ sister, an ESTJ cousin and friend and I see this with them...it's not personal.
:yes: When I can't control my temper, I usually just end up going "JESUS CHRIST WHY AREN'T THINGS WORKING OUT THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE RIGHT NOW?!? :steam: " When I'm actually mad at someone personally, I'm very very good at keeping a lid on my anger.

Not sure why that is actually. :huh:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From my own experience, I'm mostly afraid of particular ESFPs because the fact that they can't control what they express when they're angry, and generally seem to be on a roller coaster of emotions (just the ones I know, just reminding). It was the reason why I left college so early last year...I couldn't/didn't know how to deal with it.

Maybe one of them has undiagnosed Tourette's. :shrug:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My guess would be EJs have the hardest time, its like torture to make them control it. IPs have the most control. Percieved loss of control is a decision on my part and is apparent as I can stop at the drop of a hat. EP and IJ are in the middle.

In my experience EJs are the type most likely to break something because of losing control of their temper.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd have to say it's a tie between ESFP and ESFJ, the former from a congnitive function perspective, the latter from real life experince. My reason for ESFP is that such an individual leads with a here and now method of thinking (Se) and thus more likely to act first, fueled by Fi, which by nature is more emotioanl than Fe. Then again, my sister can have a foul temper when someone gets on her wrong side, and I'm fairly certain that she's ESFJ (I've also seen example of angry tempered ESFJ's in fiction), which is odd considering that Fe is suppose to be about group harmony, valuing social norms, and whatnot.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:steam:IXTPs in their inferior Fe episodes.

rav3n

From typed (in other words, have been tested) individuals in real life, ESFJ women. They can`t seem to help themselves, no matter how hard they try.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my ESFJ mom is actually pretty controlled with her temper. so is one of my very close ESFJ friends. :shrug:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Enneagram 8s.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep, ESFJs can control their temper because of Fe, pending on their sense of propriety and where they feel comfortable expressing themselves, because they're less likely to just express wherever.

Unlike my ESFP mom, who once felt compelled to kick a screen door in when I was around 8 years old.

I would tend to think ESFPs have more problem with this, followed by ExTJs, then ENFPs, and then, only then, ESFJs and ENFJs.