in·te·grate /ˈɪntɪˌgreɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-ti-greyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -grat·ed, -grat·ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to bring together or incorporate (parts) into a whole.
2. to make up, combine, or complete to produce a whole or a larger unit, as parts do.
3. to unite or combine.
4. to give or cause to give equal opportunity and consideration to (a racial, religious, or ethnic group or a member of such a group): to integrate minority groups in the school system.
5. to combine (educational facilities, classes, and the like, previously segregated by race) into one unified system; desegregate.
6. to give or cause to give members of all races, religions, and ethnic groups an equal opportunity to belong to, be employed by, be customers of, or vote in (an organization, place of business, city, state, etc.): to integrate a restaurant; to integrate a country club.
7. Mathematics. to find the integral of.
8. to indicate the total amount or the mean value of.
–verb (used without object) 9. to become integrated.
10. to meld with and become part of the dominant culture.
a. to perform the operation of integration.
b. to find the solution to a differential equation.