User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Default what temperament drives what car?

Based on the "driver by type"-thread I wondered wether there could be strong links between temperaments and certain types of cars.

Would you, e.g., agree that Alfa-Romeo's are very popular among SP's and that SJ's might be fond of Volkswagen?
    Any other idea's? And if so, it would be nice to see wether there are differences between the continents...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

I drive a large SUV but that's because of what I do for a living (need to carry a ladder, lots of tools, samples, etc.), the winter weather around here, and the fact that I'm still driving kids around (my own plus a friend or two). So it's just practical, but I like SUVs to begin with though I am concerned about the environmental impact.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

my SJ mom has a buick because if one of her kids crashes it, they'll be safer. that fear somehow overrides 13 miles/gallon lol.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

And what type drives Japanese cars? I always thought that would be an NT-thing. NF's are a mystery to me, though...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    Would you, e.g., agree that Alfa-Romeo's are very popular among SP's and that SJ's might be fond of Volkswagen?
    It can't be determined by type since vehicles would most likely be relative to earnings, environment residing in and the utilization of a vehicle. Otherwise, any indication would be a stereotype. I drive a Jeep and will most likely continue to drive some form of SUV for utility purposes. As for your example, I did own a Saab once, but I would not have an Alfa-Romeo unless it was given to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I drive a minivan but that is because I have four kids. I've never bought a car just because I liked it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I drive a minivan but that is because I have four kids. I've never bought a car just because I liked it.
    Exactly. With SP and NTs utilitarian need, they would never go out and spend money on something they will not use or will not be of utilitarian usage.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

SJ: Safe, reliable, luxurious. Anything Swedish, such as a Volvo or Saab, or a Buick.

SP: Sporty, sexy, fast. Look into Porsche, Mustang, or Ferrari.

NF: Environmentally friendly, affordable, looks do not matter. Look into carpooling or an electric car from Toyota or Honda.

NT: Anything with gadgets, power, and ahead of its time. Look into anything German or Japanese, or the higher end model of almost any car, also consider a DeLorean.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Oh, NF's can be just as utilitarian. I don't really think it's a type thing, it just boils down to your values. Most of my good friends (most of whom are NF's! :-) are very practical when it comes to cars, but it's because none of us really value them for their looks or status or anything like that.

For me, fuel efficiency is really important, as well as a car that will last a long time, and both of those are my priorities. I can't stand gas-guzzling cars, and I plan to run my car into the ground before I get a new one, regardless of what it looks like in its final days.

My first car was a Civic. I loved it. However, it got stolen from my parking lot 4 yrs later while I was on vacation, was taken to a chop shop where they removed *everything* covering the engine, leaving only the engine on wheels, and the rest of the car was perfectly fine. Insurance declared it totalled :steam: , and I had to get a corolla that I don't like as much, because the check I got wouldn't pay for another civic of the model/yr I'd had.

The toyota is perfectly fine..it's just I liked my civic better!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Exactly. With SP and NTs utilitarian need, they would never go out and spend money on something they will not use or will not be of utilitarian usage.
    I don't know. My mom is an SP and she always likes the luxury cars. I, an NF, have driven totally beat up vehicles and been happy to do it because I paid so little for them and they got good mileage. I like to spend money on stuff I care about, not getting from point A to point B. I do find I'm enjoying the luxury features on the 2005 van we got a few months ago, though. The automatic sliding doors rock and so does the DVD player.

If I could just buy whatever I wanted I'd probably go for something fuel efficient and cute.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers