• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what temperament drives what car?

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good for you Ian! I love it.

Is it automatic or manual?

Automatic - it is an LE model. When I was looking I did not care if I got a CE (manual or auto) or LE (more features, auto), but I wanted an automatic in either case. This was for transportation, not fun, and the fuel economy was nearly the same in either case.

If I get a Mini Cooper, it will be manual. ;)

cheers,
Ian

GreyDeath

I have no Idea what types of cars go with types. Im INTP, I love sportscars, and currently drive a Porsche 968. Not for status or to stand out, but because its unique (<5000 in US) I can actually afford it, and most of all: its beautiful/sexy and handles amazingly.

I tried to post a picture of one below.

668099_2.jpg

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ns, unless they've taken a good interest and turned to them as a hobby probably either don't even have a car, or if they do, it's broken, or at the very least poorly maintained. Unless of course they've been on the price is right within the last month, in which case they have a brand new car.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
1991_Nissan_Figaro.jpg
When I'm old enough to drive (and afford the insurance) I want one of these :D I just have an overwhelming urge to hug it :wubbie: Do you think that's particulary INFPish?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
This is cute and all, but probably the dumbest thing I've ever read in relation to temperament and personality. This is a function of culture and technological era, personality type has next to nothing to do with it

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Most INTJs probably end up with something like this (As a guy). Basically because its got the high end technical edge but also isn't a car for dorks :D. Its the Aston Martin.

v12_vanquish-aston-martin.jpg

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Although... this looks like a vehicle to behold... imagine driving into work with this one.... dunna dunna dunna BATMAN. :D

future-car-1.jpg

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I had a Minivan and it did serve it's purpose. Last year we sold it and bought a Pacifica. I've been very happy with it and would purchase another one when it's time, but I hear they aren't making them anymore.

P1020066.jpg

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I have an 89 Chevrolet S10 pickup, and a 96 300zx TT. The pickup was given to me by my grandfather (100k miles, and it's now about 20 years old), and I got the Z cheap, no idea why the dealer was selling it for so low. My Z looks like this, except black.
1990-96-Nissan-300ZX-92809101990002.jpg

narticus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Jaguar XK-series convertible, first car (and the one driven the longest, so far) was a Jeep CJ-7

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you think that's particulary INFPish?

I do not know. What I do know is that I think and feel the Nissan Figaro is a lovely little car. I'd go for a pink one. :wubbie:

cheers,
Ian

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm an SJ and I like trucks, some SUVs and then smaller hatch-back type cars. I do like Volkswagen. Their GTI is nice.
GTI_front.jpg

I drive this:
111507123900vf1.jpg

^It's not my first pick for a car but I could afford it and it's not so bad. I'm glad they had it in that color because the color IS my first pick.

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
I think cars really don't fall along the lines of temperament, but more along the intermediating Roles. NTPs and STPs probably care the least about their cars; they'll drive just about anything that works. SFPs probably care the most; my ESFP aunt has insisted on having a luxury car ever since she could afford one. STJs and NTJs are probably primarily interested in having nice cars because it increases their status in the business world (assuming they're working there, of course). The remaining types probably have differing motives; I really can't collect a definite preference from my Idealist relatives.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have a silver 2000 acura integra that my brother picked out and convinced my parents to buy me my sophmore year of highschool after a tree fell on two of our cars and totalling both one was 93 nissan 300zx (which didn't even run but didn't tell the insurance company that) and the other was a ford, supposdely it was a good deal. My dad now drives it to save mileage on his car. This is actually a good thing since he has a degree in mechanical engineering and loves car, but doesn't really keep them running unless he's driving it. So now my car is the best shape it's been in for a really long time.

suzyk

MBTI Type
INTP
If I ever decide to drive a car, it'll be a hybrid. Or an old, beat up hybrid.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I drive a dark blue Jeep Grand Cherokee Sport!! It's muh baby

3079.jpg