User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

It's all about power and the appearance of power. I'd drive an H1 before a small 2-seat porsche...although I'd drive a Lamborghini before either one.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    NF: Environmentally friendly, affordable, looks do not matter. Look into carpooling or an electric car from Toyota or Honda.
    Enviromentally friendly and affordable is a double plus, but I like my cars kyute! I drive a small little three-door... of course it helps that I only have to drive myself around 95% of the time, but I think I would still prefer a little cute economical car than a bigger one even if that wasn't practical.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

I hate driving and cars are evil, dangerous, wasteful things. Safety is all that matters in a car to me.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't drive, it's too expensive and not necessary at this point in my life.

If I were to drive, I would probably buy a mid-size typical sedan-like thing, of mid-range price, acceptable looks and features, etc. Normal-looking car, nothing fancy.

If I were super rich, I'd probably buy a wicked sports car plus a high-end sedan or something for more practical stuff. Or maybe a more environmentally friendly car, to balance out the non-environmentally friendly sports car.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Hmmm an SJ neighbour of mine drives a Volvo because of the supposable sense of safety... My father (ISTJ) will buy a car based on the company name. No regards for performance/fuel economy etc since he doesn't drive it. :rolli:

I'm an NF that likes pretty things. I wouldn't stand for a gas hog though. I go by what I need, what I can afford, then try to go for decent performance while still making sure it's still relatively environmentally friendly.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've heard you can type people by what they eat for breakfast.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I've heard you can type people by what they eat for breakfast.
    Start a thread! Start a thread!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    xNTP

Ahh, now this is a post I can meaningfully contribute to.

Currently I drive an Acura Integra hatchback (technically it's a fastback).

Although I love speed I am indifferent to exotic marques such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, etc. The cars I love balance performance with utility such as: Subaru Impreza, VW Rabbit and the Honda Fit. IMO, the "hot hatch" is the best form of car.

My all time favorite cars are the Hillman Imp and the original Mini Cooper. Those cars had relatively good performance yet weren't prissy exotics that couldn't been driven on a daily basis.

My next car will either be a VW Rabbit or a Honda Fit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I drive a 4 Door Sports Sedan.
    Supercharged V6 not a 4 or a V8.
    I drive an American car and not an Import because they're easier to work with and if anything goes wrong it doesn't cost you a fortune to repair.
    Bought an 04 vs an 07 because I'm not fond of losing a ton of cash by driving it off the lot.
    It has 3 child seat anchors in the back, and enough power under the hood to stomp other "sportier" cars.
    I won't buy an Electric because they're just not suitable for my needs in the current state the technology is at.
    Hybrids aren't worth the return on investment just to be "green" and they're not even all that much better overall.
    My previous cars were all bought for less then $500, my last was a lil 4cylinder Japanese hatchback.
    I'd take a Cadillac over a Corvette any day of the week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTP

I need something that I can throw my kayaks and bikes on top of. Second most important thing is gas mileage and environmental-friendliness (although that's kind of an oxymoron for a car). Traction and handling are tied for third place. With this in mind, the next one I buy will probably be a Subaru Outback or something similar.