User Tag List

First 123

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've noticed the same thing, of course. I tend to notice similarities to myself and weigh in on those threads, while ignoring the ones that don't resonate with me. So there's an additional bias, although it may not actually cause incorrect typing.

Typing actors is very difficult (let alone their characters). Even the public side of an actor that they let you see is not necessarily going to reflect their "real" type that maybe their families and close friends see.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think typing actors is ludicrous.

I'm the poster child for "wtf are these SJ's doing??" and I've been typed SJ on this forum, where I put personal information. I can't imagine how wrong the types are that people guess for actors.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Have you noticed that most INTPs will (initially) think House is INTP, INTJs will think House is INTJ, ENTPs will think House is ENTP, ENTJs will think house is ENTJ?(and after much debate some of their opinions will change)

There's a thread right now, about Rachel McAdam's type, and Ratsimoan (ENFP) says she's ENFP, while Unique (INTP) says she is INXP, IndyAnnaJoan(ISFP) says she is IXFX, Orangey (ISTP) says she is INTP, Rebe(INFP) says ISFJ.

Why is that? Because we identify with the characters they play and we'll just type them like us ?

Why do we even bother typing actors we like, if our perspective is flawed from the start?

PS: I should have posted this in Popular Culture and Type...my bad.
    Simple, our subjective view of reality usually gets in the way with those we idolize or look up to in some way or another. It's possible to figure out type, it's not merely all subjective though, people really should take typology less serious than it is. Typing actors is especially difficult since there is a confusion in typing the character based on who they really are or the roles that they play.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I've noticed the same thing, of course. I tend to notice similarities to myself and weigh in on those threads, while ignoring the ones that don't resonate with me. So there's an additional bias, although it may not actually cause incorrect typing.

Typing actors is very difficult (let alone their characters). Even the public side of an actor that they let you see is not necessarily going to reflect their "real" type that maybe their families and close friends see.
    I wrote actors but I was thinking more about the characters they play. Since people will try typing characters more than actors.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

So you didn't think she's ISTP?
    Not at all.

I wrote actors but I was thinking more about the characters they play. Since people will try typing characters more than actors.
    Well at least with characters they only exist within the world of the film (or show), so all of the possible information about them is available and confined. With the actors themselves, it's difficult to really obtain any information about them other than what little is made public. And even that information is suspect.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh, ok, my bad. That has some of the same difficulties and some different ones (mostly inconsistent/incompletely fleshed out characters). Plus since our exposure to these characters is usually limited to a number of scenes over an hour or two, there's very limited info so people will make a lot of assumptions about motives. No wonder the types are so different.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP

I've typed Amy Adams (ENFP) but it took me quite some time, and she's a fairly open and chatty (ENFP ) person. Characters may be written inconsistently, and also have bleed-over from the actors playing them.

deleted

No, more like these people don't know how to type. If most people they type are their own type? Doesn't sound very objective to me.