• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tertiary Rising??

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I am sure I have heard that as people age, their tertiary function becomes more dominant.

I have been half assed looking for some info on it, but I am not finding anything.

Did I actually hear this?

If it's true, can someone link me to something?

Or maybe explain the process a little.. I would be eternally grateful :)

Arc

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My Se has begun asserting itself, yes, as I get older. I think it has to do with an unconscious (and conscious, to a certain extent) allowance to really live in the moment more without being freaked out or ruled by it as you mature.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not "dominant", but the "child" complex it associates with is said to "inflate", and as the tertiary is the next function that maintains the dominant orientation, it does become very prominent, and may seem to surpass even the dominant, and especially the aux. (Like I seem like an SJ at times). And it is natural as a person ages, that the functions become more developed. (or our use of them becomes more mature).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm finding that my Si is becoming more developed, especially in the last five years. I feel more connected with the past. I've actually started keeping records of what I've done- especially the things that have worked well so I don't have to keep reinventing the wheel. I think I prize stability more. I'd eventually like to find someone I get "settle down" with. I prefer more secure jobs that bring a stable income and you have a good chance of staying in the company a long time without being laid off.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have had it suggested to me very very recently, that I might want to look into the idea that I am an ENTP and recent emotional traumas and aging have caused my Fe to rise beyond it's normal standing..

I was explained that as we men age, our testosterone drops (which I already knew) and that the levels of testosterone are on par with what they were when I was a teen (which I didn't know) and this explains why I have begun to resemble the guy I was when I teenager.

So I am just kind of curious about this Tert rising with age theory..

Still no links???

Thanks for the responses :)

Last edited: