• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which personality types are prone to drug addiction?

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
OK, I've made some initial assessments based upon my observation of others and I think the following has a tendency for each type:

ENTP/INTP/INFP/ISFP: marijuana

INFJ/ENFJ/ESFJ: cocaine, speed

INTJ/ENTJ/ISTJ/ESTJ: alcohol

ENFP: anti-anxiety meds coupled with ecstasy

ISFJ I've noticed is the only type that doesn't seem to have a predisposition towards any addictions- they like healthy living, exercise etc.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, I've made some initial assessments based upon my observation of others and I think the following has a tendency for each type:

ENTP/INTP/INFP/ISFP: marijuana

INFJ/ENFJ/ESFJ: cocaine, speed

INTJ/ENTJ/ISTJ/ESTJ: alcohol

ENFP: anti-anxiety meds coupled with ecstasy

ISFJ I've noticed is the only type that doesn't seem to have a predisposition towards any addictions- they like healthy living, exercise etc.

Wow! I assumed that all the SPs would be in there! Interesting.

I also think that computers and Internet should be labeled a drug, because they are very addicting. I tend to think that INTP and INTJs are the most prone to computer addiction...unless you have an alternative theory.

I've actually never tried marijuana or cocaine. I only have alcohol once in a while -- don't like the taste of it much. (But with that said, I'm addicted to Mountain Dew.)

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Wow! I assumed that all the SPs would be in there, too! Interesting.

I also think that computers and Internet should be labeled a drug, because they are very addicting. I tend to think that INTP and INTJs are the most prone to computer addiction...unless you have an alternative theory.

INTPs/INTJs like systems so computers would be part of their lifestyle. I'm talking about addiction, not necessarily certain obsessive-compulsive behaviors.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
INFJs and drugs don't really mix. :1377:

But since Freud, a classic INFJ, was a cocaine buff, I can't really completely dismiss the association.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJs and drugs don't really mix. :1377:

But since Freud, a classic INFJ, was a cocaine buff, I can't really completely dismiss the association.

Neurotic INFJs are often quite paranoid, so cocaine addiction wouldn't surprise me. ;)

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Cocaine manufactures paranoia, and neurotic INFJs are sometimes quite paranoid.

Interesting. N dominance can also lead people to think they are right about something when they are not, and not integrate the viewpoints of others.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
what about opiates?

Cocaine is an opiate, Ms. Scanty. ;)

If you're talking about painkiller addiction, I haven't determined if there are particular types for that except that it seems common in those who work in the medical profession and those patients who had suffered a physical injury.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always questioned the nature of addiction. Are addictions physiological or psychological? And do they have different names for physiological and psychological addictions?

And what exactly is the difference between an addiction and a compulsion?

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I've always questioned the nature of addiction. Are addictions physical or psychological?

And what exactly is the difference between an addiction and a compulsion?

I would say that addiction is a combination of physical and psychological- being that for instance in SP/ NP types, marijuana could numb or activate certain parts of their brain functioning, which makes them more physiologically-psychologically more prone towards it in a similar way in which TJ types can self-medicate using alcohol to tune out or accentuate different parts of their brain functioning in which alcohol makes them more emotionally expressive. Likewise, some FJ types might utilise cocaine/speed to increase their need for sense-stimulation.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Cocaine is a opiate-based stimulant.

ehh sorry i think you are wrong. :unsure:
if you are right then i am very misinformed about drugs and i thought i had quite a bit of knowledge. Sources?