• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which personality types are prone to drug addiction?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
OOOH... DOn't get my started on the whole anxiety thing... How can someone be both anxious and laid back at the same time... what is that... Like a conflict of functions or something

It's weird, isn't it?

I can be laid back, or give the vibe that I'm laid back...

But I'm intense and intense waves of electricity and thought flow through my mind. I'm anything but carefree.

sainjohn

HI,

The drug addictors are nothing known about the use of the drugs,they create in a some toxic in the body,its very danger for the health.......

Thank you....

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Read the study published in 2005 regarding MBTI correlations to drug addicted youth at the Nokomis Challenge facility:

www.aptinternational.org/assets/jptvol65_0805_apti.pdf

Very interesting study and substantiates that SJ and SP youths appear to be more susceptible to drug addiction and are more resistant to treatment. :coffee:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
ENTJ's live in stress and have the Si relief function.

i wonder if they like drugs or not?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not sure...but the enneagram thing mentioned 7 as most likely i think...which is pretty much exxp and...that kinda makes sense...except for the control thing...i think most of us despise something or someone having any control over us...so...for that reason more than anything i think we'd moderate our...um...party favors. :D

james1

HI,

In a real life there are some addiction are origin from mentally distribution people and stress people are the cause to addict..

Thank you...

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
That makes me an isfj????
Alcohol puts me to sleep almost immediately. Plus it tastes bad. I don't have insomnia. I won't consume anything that tastes bad. So alcohol is out.
Marijuana... I tried it more than once. It had no effect on me whatsoever. Plus it smelled bad.
Cocaine and speed... haven't tried them, don't feel any need to.
anti-anxiety meds and ecstasy... that sounds a bit toxic to me.
I'll go for chocolate. At least, that tastes good!
I like taking long walks, nearly every day. I love looking at the sky and the grass and the river. What a beautiful world. So yes, I guess that it's the healthy living and exercise of the isfj that appeals to me the most.

Last edited:

revolve

Read the study published in 2005 regarding MBTI correlations to drug addicted youth at the Nokomis Challenge facility:

www.aptinternational.org/assets/jptvol65_0805_apti.pdf

Very interesting study and substantiates that SJ and SP youths appear to be more susceptible to drug addiction and are more resistant to treatment. :coffee:

thanks, just read it . . . very interesting . . . actually surprises me about SJ's . . . i actually always assumed that N's would be more resistant . . . nice to learn something new every day :yes:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Don't all types get addicted for different reasons?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I prefer stimulants. I like the increased mental alertness you get from them and the ability to zone out everything else and just get focused on something. I also have ADHD so it sort of relaxes me when I'm isolated. When I'm around others I'm prototypically sped up and talkative.

I smoked weed for a relatively long time, and still do on occasion, but it always made me slightly anxious. Nowadays it seems like I'm always excessively paranoid and cautious when I smoke. It's a little better when I smoke by myself because I'm not as self conscious and not afraid of the looser thoughts that I have.

I've always loved alcohol, especially combined with uppers.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
I am an INTP and I love me some marijuana. It's definitely the drug for me. Other than some other psychedelics too. But I do not like cocaine or alcohol very much. Haven't tried much else.

VagrantFarce

I'm pretty sure addiction is a physical thing. As in "my brain needs this chemical or it will consume my body from the inside-out" kind of deal. Seems a bit silly to try and map cognitive functions to it.

I think the only cognitive function that would come close is Si, but that's really more to do with familiarity and reliving the past physically, rather than actual chemical addiction.

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hahah, I'm pretty sure you've got the ENFP pegged.
I tried weed a couple times and hated it. I ended up upset, hungry, and paranoid. I just wanted to be home with a pot of spaghetti, in my bed, with my mom giving me a hug.
Personally, I like to avoid any contact with illicit substances, but a drink (Note: Not to the point of drunk) with friends in a warm space is always nice. Maybe it's the people, not the drink.

As for ectasy, my current world is soft and fuzzy enough for me already, thanks. I can enjoy everything without me wanting to rub 10x more on everything around me.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Nothing for me. I smoked cigarettes and would drink infrequently in high school.
A lot of my friends did weed,
especially my ISTJ friend. I think he did it to fit in.
Eventually he got hooked onto cocaine, but later stopped.
My ESFP best friend does weed to block things out.

I like the AP International study. 0% of those in the drug home were INTJ's or ENTJ's. Something I expected and take pride in.

I never found myself attracted to drugs and I say this in the least judgmental way I can, but I find those who rely on drugs and alcohol quite immature.

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
The only thing I'm "addicted" to is caffeine (I have a Pepsi and a cup of coffee almost everyday). Drugs scare me because I've had too many relatives who were/are drug addicts. It is really sad to see people have their whole life dominated by a substance-a thing! Imagine having your life run by an inanimate thing! I tried cigarettes once and hated it (it was soooo gross).