• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which personality types are prone to drug addiction?

redacted

Weed is a weird one. I don't like the hallucinogen tag on it, but then thinking back on my experiences it's not such a bad fit.

hallucinogens are quite a broad category. from my experience, i'd label weed as a hallucinogen, but an extremely mild one. (by FAR the most mild out of the ones i've done: shrooms, acid, 2cb, 2ci, salvia, dmt)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
pot seems to be more tame/less dangerous. it's harder to exhibit really scary behaviors regarding weed. but all those i've listed have smoked every day for long periods of time (months/years)

Because it doesn't mimic or block any existing neurotransmitters. It fits into its own 'unused' slot. Doesn't inhibit re-uptake or reception of N-transmitters so there's reason for a chemical imbalance.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I make a habit of asking where people get their information when they make dubious claims.

How dubious?

A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface!

Your body is creating and killing 15 million red blood cells per second!

When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour.

Are those dubious enough? :D

i don't know any paranoid INFJs. it seems like ISFJs are the most paranoid from my experiences.

Please see the thread, "What is the most paranoid type?"

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
hallucinogens are quite a broad category. from my experience, i'd label weed as a hallucinogen, but an extremely mild one. (by FAR the most mild out of the ones i've done: shrooms, acid, 2cb, 2ci, salvia, dmt)

Honestly dude... [why aren't we talking AIM?]

It seems like a very diff. hallucinogen. From back when I used to smoke; seemed like the closest it came to a hallucination was when it sort of dragged out sensations. Music repeated itself in my head and dubbed itself over the next phrase (or second.. whatever). It had the effect of a delay pedal for a guitar.

Or like a taste would linger on my tongue for hours. If I scratched my arm or something it seemed like I was continuing to dig at my arm long after I stopped.

redacted

Because it doesn't mimic or block any existing neurotransmitters. It fits into its own 'unused' slot. Doesn't inhibit re-uptake or reception of N-transmitters so there's reason for a chemical imbalance.

interesting. i didn't know that.

although i'm sure weed over a long period of time inhibits dopamine production...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
How dubious?

A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface!

Your body is creating and killing 15 million red blood cells per second!

When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour.

Are those dubious enough? :D

Dubious in an area I'm quite familiar with.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The devil created all drugs. All drugs are devil-based. End of story.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
If the devil created drugs, and God created the devil, does that mean God created drugs?

Did Mr. and Mrs. Edison invent the lightbulb?

I don't think types relate much to addiction, it seems like something more relient on other things that are not neccesarily related to type, like life experiences, socialization, ect. I do think that some types seem like they may enjoy the idea of bending their minds, but this does not really require drugs. I think INFP is one type that may like the idea of mind bending, I personally like the idea, although I don't like the idea of using drugs as a means to that. I think the whole imaginative nature of us INFP's is the reason for this... something like a dream is fascinating in how it bends reality. Last night I dreamed I was in the Tower of Babel and we were getting attacked by Megatron, which isn't something you see everyday :laugh:. Photography is another good example, it strikes me as an amazing media for art because of the way it reshapes and reimagines the world you see with clear eyes by taking a different perspective on it to say something about it. For some people, getting high may be the means to experience this shift in reality/perspective.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I demand to know why ESTPs didn't appear on your list! :steam: SPs and drugs are a match made in heaven unfortunatly :dry: I'm drinking a stiff gin and tonic as I post this, and all of the other SPs I know are fans of some forms of drugs! :yes: It's unfortunate, but true :sad:

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJs and drugs don't really mix. :1377:

But since Freud, a classic INFJ, was a cocaine buff, I can't really completely dismiss the association.

Jung has said himself that Freud's system represents extraverted thinking, Von Franz hypothesizes that it's inferior extraverted thinking, and Beebe suspects that Freud was an ISFP.
I also happen to have the opinion that Freud had some kind of ego-syntonic introverted feeling. Also, I think Freud's "dirty little secret" approach to psychology cannot possibly be from dominant intuition, Jung was a 'classic' introverted intuition type, and it often made Freud uncomfortable.
I also see no indication of extraverted feeling in freud. His granddaughter (who probably actually does prefer extraverted feeling) said he usually was somber and no fun.
Why would Freud be a 'classic' Infj?
hmmm. I think this would be a good thread.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Jung has said himself that Freud's system represents extraverted thinking, Von Franz hypothesizes that it's inferior extraverted thinking, and Beebe suspects that Freud was an ISFP.
It's shit like that is what keeps me from reading what Beebe has to say.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The devil created all drugs. All drugs are devil-based. End of story.

There's no more appropriate response than:

???
:shock:

If you're joking, I don't get it, and if you're not, it works there too.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's shit like that is what keeps me from reading what Beebe has to say.

Now, that's a horribly lame excuse for not reading reading real material!
Just because I like his stuff doesn't mean you'll disagree with all of it.