User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Now, that's a horribly lame excuse for not reading reading real material!
    Clearly the content of his work is unremarkable if he's tagging freud as an ISFP. I mean... I like to think I'm pretty open to most any idea but, seriously?

I can dig the Te being in last position, though I'm almost staunchly opposed to the traditional four function model, but an Se preference?

Just because I like his stuff doesn't mean you'll disagree with all of it.
    How narcissistic are you? You honestly believe that my decisions are based around disagreeing with yours? Sorry... you don't have that much of an impact on me... just like Beebe.

How could you have possibly dragged such self-centered foolishness from my ribbing his work based on a single (mis)diagnosis anyway?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

While I won't say I was ever addicted to anything, I did abuse adderall for years, and I smoke marijuana habitually.

Adderall is by far my favorite.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Lucky you I've thought about this before.

If I were going to be addicted to drugs it would definitely be painkillers (oxycotin, percosets, vicodins, and the whole gang). Cocaine isn't as glamorous as heroine, so I'm going with heroine. I don't want a hole in my nose and I don't want to be seriously called a crack whore.
    What is it about painkillers that makes them irresistible to you, say if you were an addict?

From my brief experience with them, they seem to make people more introverted- accentuating Ti and Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post

potheads i've known: INTJ, INFJ, INFP, ENTJ, ENFJ, INTP, ENTP, ENFP, ISFP, ESFP, ESTP, ESTJ, hmmm i don't know many SJ potheads. well, i don't know many SJs. anyways.
    That's interesting. The ESTJ type doesn't really seem to fit into weed consumption.

coke-fiends i've known: ESTJ, ESFP, ESTP, ISFP, ENTP, ENFP, INFP

opiate-fiends i've known: INTJ, INFP, INFJ, ENFP, ESTJ, ISFP

alchohol: everyone i know (except i'm not that into it, and neither are my INFJ or ISFJ friends. so maybe IFJs aren't that into alchohol?)

i'm sure i could think of more examples, these are just people off the top of my head.
    These are fairly good examples. Can I ask where your population sample came from? Have you found that a particular drug is more prevalent in a certain profession/ industry?

hahaha[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    No, but apparently, a lot of people are snorting it here...
    Is that where some people's credentials come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    And N dominance is what leaves things out?

Then marijuana doesn't fit into this thread.

LOL?
    LOL???

This HAS to be a joke.

Know why alcohol helps you tune things out? It kills brain cells.

Do you know MBTI? I'm wondering if this doesn't have a hidden misogynistic
    subtext.
    Yes, that was the post following the one where you said it was an opiate, which does not fall under the category of alkaloids...

Similar 'happiness' effect doesn't by any means indicate parallel chemistry.

Please only give advise you subscribe to yourself.
    DUDE! Kiddo already made the joke 10 posts before you. Repeating what he says word for word makes you sound like a parrot.

Cocaine is NOT an opioid-based drug- but TECHNICALLY, an alkaloid which has similar features of that of an opioid, based on the fact that it INHIBITS dopamine REUPTAKERS, not dopamine itself as Dara thinks.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    That's interesting. The ESTJ type doesn't really seem to fit into weed consumption.
    Why not? Because you're an ESTJ and you don't like pot?

DUDE! Kiddo already made the joke 10 posts before you. Repeating what he says word for word makes you sound like a parrot.

Cocaine is NOT an opioid-based drug- but TECHNICALLY, an alkaloid which has similar features of that of an opioid, based on the fact that it INHIBITS dopamine REUPTAKERS, not dopamine itself as Dara thinks.
    Ha! Nice try, but you're not going to be able to turn it around on me. I didn't happen to notice kiddo's post.

My point was, you tell people to "read before they comment" but you didn't even do any reading to get your facts straight before you commented on the types, and why they'd be attracted to particular drugs.

And.... I can't figure out why you insist that opioids are like alkaloids. They do EXACTLY the opposite.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ESTJ

Why not? Because you're an ESTJ and you don't like pot?
    Personally I have to admit it doesn't really appeal to me. I think it's sort of boring, that's not to say that I haven't run into pot fantatics who were brilliant in their own way- and it seems to help them relax, but most of the types who smoke it consistently- I have noticed tend to be NP/SP types.

Ha! Nice try, but you're not going to be able to turn it around on me. I didn't happen to notice kiddo's post.

My point was, you tell people to "read before they comment" but you didn't even do any reading to get your facts straight before you commented on the types, and why they'd be attracted to particular drugs.
    Well I cited a reference. No one seemed to have read that.

And.... I can't figure out why you insist that opioids are like alkaloids. They do EXACTLY the opposite.
    Read the reference, btw- and this is strictly grammar-related- but cocaine is an alkaloid but does not represent ALL alkaloids.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm STILL offended that you didn't include ESTPs in your OP- every ESTP I've ever met is a rather impressive drinker (were this last year you never would get a sober post out of me! )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm STILL offended that you didn't include ESTPs in your OP- every ESTP I've ever met is a rather impressive drinker (were this last year you never would get a sober post out of me! )
    What I find quite charming about ESTPs is that although when completely drunk and out of their minds, they still look rather sober!

MBTI
    ENTP

Personally I have to admit it doesn't really appeal to me. I think it's sort of boring, that's not to say that I haven't run into pot fantatics who were brilliant in their own way- and it seems to help them relax, but most of the types who smoke it consistently- I have noticed tend to be NP/SP types.

Well I cited a reference. No one seemed to have read that.
    I read parts of it. I read parts of it when you first posted. I doubt that the reason no one commented on it was because it was good information.

Believe me, my arguing does not come out of poor understanding of the chemistry of the drugs. It comes out of yours.
    Read the reference, btw- and this is strictly grammar-related- but cocaine is an alkaloid but does not represent ALL alkaloids.
    That's the problem, you're not thinking about how it works, you're thinking about what it's classified as.

It doesn't matter if it's a representative of the alkaloids. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE OPIOIDS, let alone be it classified as one, which was your original claim. It wasn't a miscommunication, it was you asserting a claim based on bad information and everyone catching your bullshit.
    we fukin won boys

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

What I find quite charming about ESTPs is that although when completely drunk and out of their minds, they still look rather sober!
    this is a true statement- people have always thought that I was merely buzzed while in reality I was one drink away from passing out on the nearest couch! This applies to the other ESTPs I know too!

I would think that it would be a type that would be more associated with alcohol abuse if not for the frat system, at least for the existance of sports bars and other such venues!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    1w2

I read parts of it. I read parts of it when you first posted. I doubt that the reason no one commented on it was because it was good information.

Believe me, my arguing does not come out of poor understanding of the chemistry of the drugs. It comes out of yours.

That's the problem, you're not thinking about how it works, you're thinking about what it's classified as.

It doesn't matter if it's a representative of the alkaloids. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE OPIOIDS, let alone be it classified as one, which was your original claim. It wasn't a miscommunication, it was you asserting a claim based on bad information and everyone catching your bullshit.
    Nocapszy, can you explain why you find hotmale's fact checking so inexcusable? I'm not understanding why this is continued to be harped on. Do you do this whenever someone's FACTS aren't immaculate, cause that's quite ironic coming from an ENTP. Does it weaken the OP because his facts aren't correct, is that what you're hinting at? I don't understand why you're needling this so hard. What response do you want from hotmale?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3