User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    A few times. Why, you a narc?
    Would you ask after telling me if you suspected I was?

No I was just unsure that you'd done your own research... the last thing we need is ANOTHER uneducated debater.

Weed is a weird one. I don't like the hallucinogen tag on it, but then thinking back on my experiences it's not such a bad fit.
    we fukin won boys

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    What makes you think that? Just because he's the only ESTJ on the forum? (that I know of)
    The first few posts in this thread addressed hotmale's initial theory. Then he mistakenly said that cocaine was an opiate. OK, fine he was wrong. It seemed to me that people seized upon is factual inaccuracy rather than the content of his OP.

Now, I know that MBTI type and drug addiction isn't a pretty subject. I don't really see many threads about negative possible correlations between type and behavior (which type is prone to being abusive, sexist, racist, etc.). Not to say they don't pop up, it's just that there's not that many of them. Here's a sample of some threads about type and behavior:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...izability.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...born-type.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...mbti-type.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-religion.html

I'm thinking that most people don't want a negative behavior (like drug addiction) attached to their type. Yeah, it's OK to wonder which type is smartest or most compassionate, but which types are more prone to addictions? I think not. I don't even know if there are correlations. But it did seem odd to me that a big deal was made out of whether cocaine is an opioid or not rather than OP. I thought, and I have no problem admitting that I could be wrong, that some people felt this was an opportunity to show an ESTJ up. How often do you see people asking to cite sources here?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

But notice how most of the voters for INTJ either are INTJs or intimately connected with INTJs.

I guess it's a pride thing!

MBTI
    OMNi

Would you ask after telling me if you suspected I was?
    If I ever get high again, I'm going to come back just to reread that question over and over. That is one weirdly worded sentence.

No I was just unsure that you'd done your own research... the last thing we need is ANOTHER uneducated debater.
    To quote Mencia, "I haven't slammed my penis with a hammer, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like that." Experience isn't the same thing as education or reason.

Weed is a weird one. I don't like the hallucinogen tag on it, but then thinking back on my experiences it's not such a bad fit.
    Yeah, I didn't really like weed. Now the stuff they give you to put you under at the dentist; I love that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm thinking that most people don't want a negative behavior (like drug addiction) attached to their type.
    Hey, I'm proud to be a member of the most paranoid type!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFP

I make a habit of asking where people get their information when they make dubious claims.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    ENTP/INTP/INFP/ISFP: marijuana
    That's pretty hard for me to corroborate; everyone in my country smokes weed.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    That's pretty hard for me to corroborate; everyone in my country smokes weed.
    I guess you have plenty of fire to light those joints down where you're at, don't you now?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Uh... all were addicted? WTF?
    well i don't know how to define addiction necessarily. but all of those i've listed have exhibited many unhealthy behaviors surrounding those drugs. especially the coke/opiate ones.

pot seems to be more tame/less dangerous. it's harder to exhibit really scary behaviors regarding weed. but all those i've listed have smoked every day for long periods of time (months/years)

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    The first few posts in this thread addressed hotmale's initial theory. Then he mistakenly said that cocaine was an opiate. OK, fine he was wrong. It seemed to me that people seized upon is factual inaccuracy rather than the content of his OP.

Now, I know that MBTI type and drug addiction isn't a pretty subject. I don't really see many threads about negative possible correlations between type and behavior (which type is prone to being abusive, sexist, racist, etc.). Not to say they don't pop up, it's just that there's not that many of them. Here's a sample of some threads about type and behavior:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...izability.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...born-type.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...mbti-type.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-religion.html

I'm thinking that most people don't want a negative behavior (like drug addiction) attached to their type. Yeah, it's OK to wonder which type is smartest or most compassionate, but which types are more prone to addictions? I think not. I don't even know if there are correlations. But it did seem odd to me that a big deal was made out of whether cocaine is an opioid or not rather than OP. I thought, and I have no problem admitting that I could be wrong, that some people felt this was an opportunity to show an ESTJ up. How often do you see people asking to cite sources here?
    Yeah ok I can dig most of this.

I don't even know if there are correlations.
    Well correlation's are useless. Causation is what's important. Correlation is only useful in identifying the causation.

Actually... the notion of any type being more or less prone to drug addiction is absurd in and of itself. Show me a healthy human who doesn't, when given a drug, who doesn't overdose or have a 'bad trip' and doesn't want more of it...

Type has nothing to do with it. You might be able to argue that one type is more attracted to experimenting with mind bending agents, but even that would be a stretch.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I guess you have plenty of fire to light those joints down where you're at, don't you now?
    Well we do have the technology to light fires in our country, if that's what you're insinuating, but then I thought most countries did.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.