• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which personality types are prone to drug addiction?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Where does it say on this page that cocaine is an opiate or a derivative of an opiate?

I thought you were referring to the stimulant part. Cocaine is derived from the coca plant.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Opioids and opiates produce their effects by binding with mu-opiate receptors, cocaine produces its effects by preventing the re-update of dopamine.

They're two totally different drugs.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
This does not support your original claim that cocaine is an opiod.

WOW! Your post disappeared. I wanted to correct you and say that cocaine is NOT a dopamine inhibitor- quite the opposite, it is a dopmaine reuptake inhibitor which increases absorption of dopamine.

I already said technically it is an alkaloid-based drug. Please read before commenting.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Opioids and opiates produce their effects by binding with mu-opiate receptors, cocaine produces its effects by preventing the re-update of dopamine.

They're two totally different drugs.

Very true, scantily- which means that preventing the reuptake of dopamine- increases dopamine levels similar to opioids.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Well technically, cocaine is an alkaloid based drug, but according to this research, it increases the dopamine level in neurotransmitters that is similar to opioids.

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cach...ids&hl=el&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=gr&client=firefox-a

No, cocaine blocks dopamine.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're both right. Cocaine blocks dopamine uptake and it accumulates in the synapses of the brain.

OK, and I'm going to quote this cause it's getting all scientific-y
As a result of cocaine's actions in the nucleus accumbens (point to the sprinkles of cocaine in the nuc. acc.), there are increased impulses leaving the nucleus accumbens to activate the reward system. Indicate that with continued use of cocaine, the body relies on this drug to maintain rewarding feelings. The person is no longer able to feel the positive reinforcement or pleasurable feelings of natural rewards (food, water, sex).

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
You were wrong. You are not weaseling out of this one. ;)

It's wording choices. You've obviously delete the posts when you're wrong. I can admit when there was a miscommunication ;)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
:popc1:

How many posts does it take for an ESTJ to admit they were mistaken?

You know what I wondered...usually people make all types of unfounded claims here and rarely does anyone ask to cite sources. Does this particular instance have anything to do with him being an ESTJ? People jumped kind of quick on this.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
:popc1:

How many posts does it take for an ESTJ to admit they were mistaken?

My own mother still insists that weed isn't a hallucinogen. :rofl1:

Gotta love those miscommunications. :rofl1:

:rofl1: You're CUTE, indeed.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You know what I wondered...usually people make all types of unfounded claims here and rarely does anyone ask to cite sources. Does this particular instance have anything to do with him being an ESTJ? People jumped kind of quick on this.

No it has to do with his claim being ridiculous.

I actually find it offensive that you would say something like that.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
No it has to do with his claim being ridiculous.

I actually find it offensive that you would say something like that.

It's all good, Dana. :) I thought he was mistaken and that's why I looked it up to make sure. I just did wonder why people were so quick on the draw about it. :)

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
It's all good, Dana. :) I thought he was mistaken and that's why I looked it up to make sure. I just did wonder why people were so quick on the draw about it. :)

So what's your opinion on the drug-addiction proclivities of personality types?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting. N dominance can also lead people to think they are right about something when they are not, and not integrate the viewpoints of others.
What about Te dominance?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
So what's your opinion on the drug-addiction proclivities of personality types?

Lucky you I've thought about this before. ;)

If I were going to be addicted to drugs it would definitely be painkillers (oxycotin, percosets, vicodins, and the whole gang). Cocaine isn't as glamorous as heroine, so I'm going with heroine. I don't want a hole in my nose and I don't want to be seriously called a crack whore.