User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Which personality types are prone to drug addiction?

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar

That makes me an isfj????
    Alcohol puts me to sleep almost immediately. Plus it tastes bad. I don't have insomnia. I won't consume anything that tastes bad. So alcohol is out.
    Marijuana... I tried it more than once. It had no effect on me whatsoever. Plus it smelled bad.
    Cocaine and speed... haven't tried them, don't feel any need to.
    anti-anxiety meds and ecstasy... that sounds a bit toxic to me.
    I'll go for chocolate. At least, that tastes good!
    I like taking long walks, nearly every day. I love looking at the sky and the grass and the river. What a beautiful world. So yes, I guess that it's the healthy living and exercise of the isfj that appeals to me the most.
    Last edited by Walking Tourist; 11-30-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: more details
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Pumpernickel Array

Yes, definitely alcohol for me.

Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post
    Read the study published in 2005 regarding MBTI correlations to drug addicted youth at the Nokomis Challenge facility:

Very interesting study and substantiates that SJ and SP youths appear to be more susceptible to drug addiction and are more resistant to treatment.
    thanks, just read it . . . very interesting . . . actually surprises me about SJ's . . . i actually always assumed that N's would be more resistant . . . nice to learn something new every day

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

Don't all types get addicted for different reasons?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

I prefer stimulants. I like the increased mental alertness you get from them and the ability to zone out everything else and just get focused on something. I also have ADHD so it sort of relaxes me when I'm isolated. When I'm around others I'm prototypically sped up and talkative.

I smoked weed for a relatively long time, and still do on occasion, but it always made me slightly anxious. Nowadays it seems like I'm always excessively paranoid and cautious when I smoke. It's a little better when I smoke by myself because I'm not as self conscious and not afraid of the looser thoughts that I have.

I've always loved alcohol, especially combined with uppers.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

I am an INTP and I love me some marijuana. It's definitely the drug for me. Other than some other psychedelics too. But I do not like cocaine or alcohol very much. Haven't tried much else.

I'm pretty sure addiction is a physical thing. As in "my brain needs this chemical or it will consume my body from the inside-out" kind of deal. Seems a bit silly to try and map cognitive functions to it.

I think the only cognitive function that would come close is Si, but that's really more to do with familiarity and reliving the past physically, rather than actual chemical addiction.

Hahah, I'm pretty sure you've got the ENFP pegged.
    I tried weed a couple times and hated it. I ended up upset, hungry, and paranoid. I just wanted to be home with a pot of spaghetti, in my bed, with my mom giving me a hug.
    Personally, I like to avoid any contact with illicit substances, but a drink (Note: Not to the point of drunk) with friends in a warm space is always nice. Maybe it's the people, not the drink.

As for ectasy, my current world is soft and fuzzy enough for me already, thanks. I can enjoy everything without me wanting to rub 10x more on everything around me.

Senior Member Array InfiniteIntrigue's Avatar
    1w2 sp

Nothing for me. I smoked cigarettes and would drink infrequently in high school.
    A lot of my friends did weed,
    especially my ISTJ friend. I think he did it to fit in.
    Eventually he got hooked onto cocaine, but later stopped.
    My ESFP best friend does weed to block things out.

I like the AP International study. 0% of those in the drug home were INTJ's or ENTJ's. Something I expected and take pride in.

I never found myself attracted to drugs and I say this in the least judgmental way I can, but I find those who rely on drugs and alcohol quite immature.

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

The only thing I'm "addicted" to is caffeine (I have a Pepsi and a cup of coffee almost everyday). Drugs scare me because I've had too many relatives who were/are drug addicts. It is really sad to see people have their whole life dominated by a substance-a thing! Imagine having your life run by an inanimate thing! I tried cigarettes once and hated it (it was soooo gross).