User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    I think I'm prone to marijuana addiction because it makes me relax. I find it very hard to do something "relaxing" without my conscience slapping me out of it and telling me that I should be reading about blablabla. Being high doesn't stop the voice of my conscience, but it makes me stop caring.

I think of alcohol as a social lubricant and not a tool for relaxation.
    Thats probably exactly like the INJ I know would talk about the topic.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sinnamon View Post
    Both my ESFP brothers are drug addicts & alcoholics.
    I'm going to second that I think ESFPs might be prone to addiction.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm going to second that I think ESFPs might be prone to addiction.
    According to this book, How to Stop Elderly Abuse: A ... - Google Books, the ESFP is the type most likely to have an addictive personality(regarding substances).

The only person that I know and could honestly call an addict is an ISFP. He smokes marijuana every single day, and has done so for the past 15 years. He doesn't work because it interferes with his usage. A close friend of mine, an ESFP, still gets high every other day(at almost 30 years old). He prefers marijuana and alcohol, but is also into acid and shrooms. I also know either an ENFP or an ESFP whose drug of choice was cocaine. He pretty much stayed away from alcohol and he would take large amounts of cocaine, and still appear shockingly "normal".

MBTI
    INTP

Speaking from my own personal experience i believe that enjoyability rather than the actual addictiveness of a drug is more influenced by personality types. For example, i know alot of people who take MDMA (or ecstasy) every once in a while. Ive noticed after some discussion that introverts who take MDMA tend to see the experience as alot more euphoric/ spiritual/ intense whereas extroverts that i know don't and enjoy the experience but to a much lesser degree.
    However, when it comes to a drug like heroin, all the extroverts that i know that have tried the drug absolutely love it and find it much more enjoyable than MDMA whereas me, as a person who has had heroin around 20-30 times in my life have found the experience, while pleasurable, is nowhere near as euphoric as ecstasy. (and despite the absence in general of any psychological cravings, there were very persistant physical withdrawal symptoms.)
    This leads me to the natural conclusion that from what we know about the extrovert/introvert type of brain (which is that introverts generally have a higher tolerance to dopamine and a greater reaction to serotonin, and vice versa for extroverts), it can be assumed that dopamine-related drugs are more pleasurable and thus addictive to extroverts, and serotonin-related drugs are more pleasurable and thus addictive to introverts.
    Of course this is just my opinion based on what ive noticed from personal experience and conversations and shared experiences with friends.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Alcohol, here

I have never in my life tried any illegal drug, or used a medicine outside their medical prescribed use. I've liked some cocaine based drugs, as well as opioids. I think I'd like meth and cocaine according to the descriptions I've read. But, alcohol will kill me, if any drug. It's enough of a detriment for me to be possibly killed by one drug. I don't need others.

Okay. I won't be really killed by it. I think I have some kind of phobia against some substances. I might really use everything at healthy level, but be really frightened about them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Here are my observations of which drugs are preferred by which types:

ENTJ/ESTJ - cocaine, because it enhances their manic state that they relish so much
    INTP/ISTP - alcohol. INTPs like it because it's a depressant that eases the edge of their overthinking. For ISTPs it seems to be simply the matter of easy access and convenience.
    ISFP - weed, because it enhances the joy derived from senses (such as food)
    INFJ - heroin (to deal with overwhelming emotional pain)
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    According to this book, How to Stop Elderly Abuse: A ... - Google Books, the ESFP is the type most likely to have an addictive personality(regarding substances).
    My ESFP father is a cocaine addict, and I could see my brother (also ESFP) developing a problem with alcohol. I think maybe it's the impulsiveness and need for sensory stimulation.

MBTI
    ENFP

addiction is one of those horrible things that lurks in the back of the head of most types I reckon... not type specific at all... I think we can all succumb to it
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I smoked the ganj for a few months but never made it a habit. I didn't like it much.

If I were to become attached to anything, it'd be alcohol or maybe psychedelics (though you can't really get addicted to psychedelics).

As for a straight up addiction, I think the OP was right about anti-anxiety. I drive myself crazy and I'm only 17.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP

OOOH... DOn't get my started on the whole anxiety thing... How can someone be both anxious and laid back at the same time... what is that... Like a conflict of functions or something
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??