User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

I think all types can become addicted to any drug (and have witness this in person, for all 16 types). Generally speaking, however, I think extroverts are more likely than introverts and Ps more likely than Js.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    I think all types can become addicted to any drug (and have witness this in person, for all 16 types). Generally speaking, however, I think extroverts are more likely than introverts and Ps more likely than Js.
    wow you know addicts to every drug from every type?

i thought i knew a lot of addicts

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    Cocaine is an opiate, Ms. Scanty.

If you're talking about painkiller addiction, I haven't determined if there are particular types for that except that it seems common in those who work in the medical profession and those patients who had suffered a physical injury.
    Cocaine is not an opiate. Not poppy-derived. That being said, in my experience, cocaine appeals to us Extroverts moreso than, say, heroin (maybe the quintessential Introvert drug). I've heard it been said that "Cocaine is for people who want to feel more, and heroin is for those who want to feel less." Alcohol and marijuana cut across almost every barrier, personality, ethnicity, class, etc.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    wow you know addicts to every drug from every type?

i thought i knew a lot of addicts
    haha sorry I mispoke - I should have said users (but I guess it's hard for me to completely define the difference between addict and repeat casual user). During my college days, especially, it's hard to distinguish between the two. My roommate used to sell things, so I saw a lot of different types come in and out a lot.

Hardcore addicts I am sure of were, estp, entp, istp, isfp, infj, esfp, enfp, istj (if you include alcohol)

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    haha sorry I mispoke - I should have said users (but I guess it's hard for me to completely define the difference between addict and repeat casual user). During my college days, especially, it's hard to distinguish between the two. My roommate used to sell things, so I saw a lot of different types come in and out a lot.

Hardcore addicts I am sure of were, estp, entp, istp, isfp, infj, esfp, enfp, istj (if you include alcohol)
    Make sense too going by cognitive functions... either Se dominant/auxiliary or inferior Se.

Extroverts prefer stimulants... introverts prefer depressants (alchohol).

MBTI
    INTP

Both my ESFP brothers are drug addicts & alcoholics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I hear you're alright for an INTP

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    Cocaine is an opiate, Ms. Scanty.

If you're talking about painkiller addiction, I haven't determined if there are particular types for that except that it seems common in those who work in the medical profession and those patients who had suffered a physical injury.
    its not so much people working at the places being addicted, its doctors giving away perscriptions to anyone who asks. opiate pain killers which are in the exact same family, and are the same thing synthetically, as HEROIN. and BTW Cocaine is NOT a opiate.
    "special news buliten: 500,669 people infected with swine flue on cinco de mayo 2009, taco bell under special investigation" -Dustin, INTJ

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont think the mbti type system is applicable to drug abuse. I only have experience with marijuana myself and in my circle of friends. The few SJs, who did it, did it in school. They had huge issues with some of our teachers and I am sure school time was a pain in the ass for many. Somehow they managed to survive by having extensive parties consuming alcohol + marijuana. (I of course participated in )

When school was over though and they figured now their course of their life lies in their own hands, they changed and eventually banished all marijuana-related things. Their alcohol abuse though peaked and I have to watch myself, cause I am going down that road too.

I myself started to smoke after school. Somewhat lost not knowing where to go, having no clue about life, I dedicated my mind to the metaphysical state of things and became nearly nuts. I highly react to marijuana, need one stroke and I have lost track of reality. I get paranoid.

Given the mbti dichotomies, I would say the function mix in a way then that Ne + Fe take the lead. Given Fe to be a weak function it functions haphazard at best. And Ti is just to justify ones view on things to oneself. Which ultimatively can be described as being nuts.

I developed my own personal typology system, when being on pot and I didnt know about mbti back in those days, so I was pretty much alone with my thoughts and discoveries. Sometimes I was ahead of my time for sure, but sometimes I was nuts I am sure too.

I eventually stumbled over Jung and that was a relieve, ended up with mbti / socionics then and quit smoking when I joined university. Wouldnt start it again, the experience has left my mind fragile and receptive to madness and I need to watch myself to not loose it. Maybe in time the mind will heal and grow more strong again, for the moment though a joint could make me loose the last 4 years completly again.

The only type I know about who havent quit smoking, seem to be types that need a certain feeling to feel good. There is that INFJ, who regulary needs to retreat in his fantasy world. He talked about quitting a lot of times but he just is not strong enough. He is seeing a counsellor now and I am hoping something good will come out of it, cause the doctor seems to be the only guy he listens too.

Another one is an ESTP, who gets a social butterfly when being stoned. Therefore he is always stoned. He knows like 1 billion people, has become a building sales manager and is quite the man. Though only when he is stoned, without he starts to doubt himself bigtime and becomes really insecure.

Another is INFP, who has a strict agenda about when and when not to take drugs. I think he smokes like one weekend every month, also as a meaning of retreat. That guy is pretty stable, though its hard to understand him for me sometimes.

All three though show grave symptoms of long-term memory losses, they have an incredible problem to focus on learning things for university or concentrate in general. And all three are subjective to grave mood swings, which can come to an outstanding person, suddenly and unpredictable.

Therefore I am keeping contact highly superficial.

One thing is for sure though, its not easy to see your friends wither to their ends..
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

My family: on my mom's side out of eight relatives four have been meth addicts, five have been alcoholics and seven smoke or dip. I am number eight with none of the above habits.

When asked the meth makes them feel more stable, calm, focused, happy. Same with smoking. I prefer esoteric personality websites as my drug of choice...

They break down into three Ne-Fi, four Se-Fi, one Fi-Se perhaps who went on to develop meth induced schizophrenia and is now homeless in ft. worth.

FigerPuppet

I think I'm prone to marijuana addiction because it makes me relax. I find it very hard to do something "relaxing" without my conscience slapping me out of it and telling me that I should be reading about blablabla. Being high doesn't stop the voice of my conscience, but it makes me stop caring.

I think of alcohol as a social lubricant and not a tool for relaxation.