User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    I think i might have a theory!

I think those with Se as a dominant function may be more prone to use drugs.

Se is the process where you process life through your experiences. It is the ability to be keen, to what is seen, smelled, touched, heard and tasted. It is energized by experience, and it is the function which allows one to "live in the momment"
    -mypersonality.info

"sensations" seems to be the definition of Se... and drugs are a type of sensation.

I have seen a few examples of this. My dad is a heavy user who is very addicted to drugs- he is ISFP. Fi-Se

Another is my ENTJ mom who's 3rd funtion is Se. She used in her teen years... but yet she has given it up.

it could be the combo of Fi and Se or something such as that. drugs could be addictive to any person, if you ask me, but if i had to list types, i'd go by Se and maybe Fi... maybe

I do not wish to offend, so if i have, i am sorry.
    Sorry- but couldn't help but notice that your parents are opposite personality types! hahahaha...and ISFP dad and ENTJ mother- what was that like?

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    i've never done any drugs but i have seen the differences in how people act when they are on cocaine as opposed to opiates, and it is totally different.
    What about alcohol?

I think each is different in terms of group interaction. I saw a documentary on The Velvet Underground in which Nico, a heroin addict loved living in dark, sunlight-less places in which she could veg out- which I think is typical of opiate abusers, while cocaine users are always on the go.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    I'm not saying the drugs are identical in chemistry- but that a similar sense of euphoria takes over the senses.
    Have you done either of the drugs?

Definitely cocaine seems more of a social drug done in group activities- whereas opiates- seem to make people more introverted and more of a solitary drug.
    I wouldn't try and impose MBTI bull on drug effects. They're essentially incongruent.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i think INFJs, or maybe enneatype 1s would be very unlikely to enjoy coke as much as opiates, because coke makes impulse-control pretty impossible, and you can stay in control on opiates.
    That's interesting. Can you give an example of how coke can make impulse control impossible? Basically I think Feelers would be more prone than Thinker-types. Although I have noticed INTJs to lack similar impulse control- but on a different level.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    That's interesting. Can you give an example of how coke can make impulse control impossible? Basically I think Feelers would be more prone than Thinker-types. Although I have noticed INTJs to lack similar impulse control- but on a different level.
    i dunno, i guess it doesn't make impulse control impossible. probably alcohol does that even more. i guess what i'm really trying to say is that being on coke is really embarrassing to me. i end up ranting and ranting without being able to stop myself from talking; the next morning i'm always really self conscious about what i said.

plus, it just makes you look ugly: moving your tongue randomly around your mouth and moving your jaw around...ewwww...

i basically hate all uppers for those reasons.

anyways, it's really hard to relate all this stuff to type.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

This is clearly a topic that should be settled on some kind of reality television show.

MBTI
    INTP

i think INFJs, or maybe enneatype 1s would be very unlikely to enjoy coke as much as opiates, because coke makes impulse-control pretty impossible, and you can stay in control on opiates.
    I know an INFJ who was addicted to coke. She broke the habit and switched to chronic pot smoking. From what she told me, she was forced to quit, but chose to never use it again. This could have been because of the control issues you are describing, as she also had OCD.

MBTI
    INTP

i basically hate all uppers for those reasons.
    I've never tried coke, but I do like amphetamines quite a lot.
    OTOH, opiates don't really do much for me. The sensation isn't worth how addictive they can be.

anyways, it's really hard to relate all this stuff to type.
    As for type of drug preferred, yes, I agree that it's difficult to predict based on type. As for doing any sort of drug, I think that certain types are more prone to drug use. In my experience, these would be:

ISTP
    ESTP
    INFJ
    INTP
    ESFP
    ENTP

ISFJ and ISFP may experiment, but end up stopping.
    On INTPcentral, some INTPs are vehemently against drug use, and some enjoy experimentation.
    I think INFJs are the same way -- open to experimentation, as long as it doesn't go against their ideals.
    I think ENTPs pick a drug and stick with it.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I've never tried coke, but I do like amphetamines quite a lot.
    OTOH, opiates don't really do much for me. The sensation isn't worth how addictive they can be.
    Now that's interesting! Using you as a microcosm, perhaps ST-types prefer amphetamines as opposed to opiates because it increases NF sensations. Some NTs have told me that they personally hate amphetamines- because it makes them paranoid- hence increasing their Ni-Ne-Ti-Te sensibilities.

It's also possible that NTs might then be more prone towards painkiller addiction due to heightening their opposite senses.

As for type of drug preferred, yes, I agree that it's difficult to predict based on type. As for doing any sort of drug, I think that certain types are more prone to drug use. In my experience, these would be:

ISTP
    ESTP
    INFJ
    INTP
    ESFP
    ENTP

ISFJ and ISFP may experiment, but end up stopping.
    On INTPcentral, some INTPs are vehemently against drug use, and some enjoy experimentation.
    I think INFJs are the same way -- open to experimentation, as long as it doesn't go against their ideals.
    I think ENTPs pick a drug and stick with it.
    In my opinion, ISFPs are similar to INFPs in drug addiction- from what's I've observed. ISFJs seem consistently to have a non-addictive personality.

Well, I'll admit to a little white wine and Xanax.