User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    How arrogant can YOU be. You are acting like it's some given fact that Freud was whatever you think he was.
    No I'm not. I'm acting like it's some given fact that he wasn't an ISFP. Again, you over-assume. Se doesn't lend itself to psychology well, and especially not in the way of creative invention of psychological models. You can go on as long as you want about Te being in fourth position... that doesn't really matter much. What matters are his primary functions, which were certainly not Fi and Se.

Nobody said Freud had Te in the last position, but that he had inferior ("4th') or 'aspirational' extraverted thinking.
    Yes they did. According to the traditional four function model, fourth is last. That's irrelevant anyway. No ordered model holds much water in practical psychology.
    And I think that makes a lot of sense! Freud devoted the majority of his career to "proving" his mechanical ideas of the psyche (von Franz has noted that Freud once remarked that even he was getting bored from interpreting so many dreams the same way).
    Well if he spent most of his career trying to prove it, then it's probably more likely that Te was in second or first, not fourth.
    If Freud was an INFJ, there would be a LOT of introverted thinking in his writing,
    Not necessarily... shouldn't there be more Fe? And even more Ni?
    but Freud's writing was full of extraverted thinking.
    Hmm... sounds more like an __TJ if you ask me.
    I can't believe you ever criticized ME for being close-minded.
    And you'd be the only one.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTJ

I think it's more Etype-related. Most prone to drug addiction are Four, Six and Eight.
    ENTJ - LII - Intimate Five

+++ PRAISE CHRIST +++ - don't be afraid : seek and defend the Truth with boldness.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I think that was why there was an argument. He didn't admit he was wrong so then everyone went off trying to prove it to him. Instead he said it was an opiate, then an opiate base, then he mentioned that it did something to dopamine similar to opiates, and he kept rewording his answer so that he didn't have to admit that he was mistaken. It was just a lot of fun to watch.
    Oh come on! It's always such a party here! I just assumed you got the intuitive interconnections that I admit to a little messy wording in which cocaine was LIKE an opiate based on the research citation I gave which describes cocaine (as opposed to other alkaloids) as being similiar to the effect of an opiate by way of dopamine reuptaker inhibition.

Honestly, I love hotmale. I usually have to go to INTJ Central to see people that are that stubborn.
    LOL. I love you too man. BIG HUG!

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    Oh come on! It's always such a party here! I just assumed you got the intuitive interconnections that I admit to a little messy wording in which cocaine was LIKE an opiate based on the research citation I gave which describes cocaine (as opposed to other alkaloids) as being similiar to the effect of an opiate by way of dopamine reuptaker inhibition.

Yes, I was there. I observed how "cocaine is an opiate" morphed into "cocaine is like an opiate based on research which describes the effects it has on dopamine." It had a few stages in between, including my favorite, "cocaine is an opiate based stimulant".

Do you find being stubborn a curse or a blessing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    having done cocaine at least 40 times and opiates at least 100 times, i can say they feel nothing alike at all.

they're like opposites, honestly. opiates make you want to sit on the couch and not think while you're like nodding out, and coke makes you ridiculously talkative -- calling everyone in your phone and ranting until 7am.

i think INFJs, or maybe enneatype 1s would be very unlikely to enjoy coke as much as opiates, because coke makes impulse-control pretty impossible, and you can stay in control on opiates.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i've never done any drugs but i have seen the differences in how people act when they are on cocaine as opposed to opiates, and it is totally different.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

I think i might have a theory!

I think those with Se as a dominant function may be more prone to use drugs.

Se is the process where you process life through your experiences. It is the ability to be keen, to what is seen, smelled, touched, heard and tasted. It is energized by experience, and it is the function which allows one to "live in the momment"
    -mypersonality.info

"sensations" seems to be the definition of Se... and drugs are a type of sensation.

I have seen a few examples of this. My dad is a heavy user who is very addicted to drugs- he is ISFP. Fi-Se

Another is my ENTJ mom who's 3rd funtion is Se. She used in her teen years... but yet she has given it up.

it could be the combo of Fi and Se or something such as that. drugs could be addictive to any person, if you ask me, but if i had to list types, i'd go by Se and maybe Fi... maybe

I do not wish to offend, so if i have, i am sorry.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I don't know all that much about drug addictions, but I've interacted with a lot of eating-disordered people and self-injurers, so I've seen some addictive behavior types. Generally it seemed to be a lot of Is and Js. With anorexics, there seemed to be a lot of IxTJ types, as they have a tendency towards obsessive-compulsive thought processes. Bulimics had more of a tendency for out-of-control emotions, which puts them more in the F catagory. They were also more often extroverted than anorexics, but as a class still more introverted than average. Self-harmers were all over the place, depending on their reasons for doing it. The kind that used it to numb themselves were more T-like, as they could not handle feeling emotion. Those who did it as catharsis were more F-like.

I'm not a psychologist, so these are just my guesses.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I can really only say for myself. I never worried about addiction until last year when I was injured pretty badly and had to take pain meds (opiants) for 9 weeks. I can, definitely, see how people get addicted to them. I could not handle stress as well when I quit taking them and there was ALOT of stress going on....perhaps the most I've ever gone through. I had some pills left that I didn't need for pain anymore and I was very, very, tempted to take them at times. I resisted doing that by thinking about what kind of life it would be if I got addicted.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    having done cocaine at least 40 times and opiates at least 100 times, i can say they feel nothing alike at all.

they're like opposites, honestly. opiates make you want to sit on the couch and not think while you're like nodding out, and coke makes you ridiculously talkative -- calling everyone in your phone and ranting until 7am.

i think INFJs, or maybe enneatype 1s would be very unlikely to enjoy coke as much as opiates, because coke makes impulse-control pretty impossible, and you can stay in control on opiates.
    I'm not saying the drugs are identical in chemistry- but that a similar sense of euphoria takes over the senses.

Definitely cocaine seems more of a social drug done in group activities- whereas opiates- seem to make people more introverted and more of a solitary drug.

Although there is that group in between that likes to inject speedballs- cocaine + heroin.