User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 166

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    this is a true statement- people have always thought that I was merely buzzed while in reality I was one drink away from passing out on the nearest couch! This applies to the other ESTPs I know too!

    I would think that it would be a type that would be more associated with alcohol abuse if not for the frat system, at least for the existance of sports bars and other such venues!
    Yes, ESTPs are fun to be around for that reason alone. They have a daredevil nature about them and love good friendly competition. They make the best mates for my ENTJ sister.

  2. #92
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Nocapszy, can you explain why you find hotmale's fact checking so inexcusable? I'm not understanding why this is continued to be harped on. Do you do this whenever someone's FACTS aren't immaculate, cause that's quite ironic coming from an ENTP. Does it weaken the OP because his facts aren't correct, is that what you're hinting at? I don't understand why you're needling this so hard. What response do you want from hotmale?
    He brought it up. Several times. I'm just working with what I'm given.

    Yes, it weakens the OP.

    Do you do this whenever someone's FACTS aren't immaculate, cause that's quite ironic coming from an ENTP.
    You've been listening to Bluewing too much.
    we fukin won boys

  3. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Nocapszy, can you explain why you find hotmale's fact checking so inexcusable? I'm not understanding why this is continued to be harped on. Do you do this whenever someone's FACTS aren't immaculate, cause that's quite ironic coming from an ENTP. Does it weaken the OP because his facts aren't correct, is that what you're hinting at? I don't understand why you're needling this so hard. What response do you want from hotmale?
    Proteanmix, it's just Nocapszy's particular way of flirting with me! He takes PinkPiranha's statement about arguing with someone and still wanting to rip their clothes off as a sign of being the one WAY TOO SERIOUSLY!

  4. #94
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    He brought it up. Several times. I'm just working with what I'm given.

    Yes, it weakens the OP.
    How so? If he doesn't know the chemical compounds?

    I'm rereading the thread to see where exactly it went off track. hotmale said cocaine was an opiate (which he admitted he was wrong about). Then he went on to say that it was an alkaloid-based drug (which is correct). These two drugs do completely different things in the brain, but the initial feelings users experience are similar. While opiates are depressants, users still experience a high and a rush similar to that felt by cocaine users, which is a stimulant.

    So then everyone gets into chemistry. I looked it up and cocaine prevents dopamine reuptake and it pools in the synapses of the brain. Heroine prevents functioning of pain receptors in the brain. Yes, these drugs do two different functions. But why the hell am I scouring the internet over this? Frankly, I don't think there are CAUSATIONS between personality type and drug addiction.

    It just seems petty to get caught up in this particular aspect of the topic. Unless you just feel like arguing, which knowing you is probably what's going on, but it seems like to me you're debating the wrong thing.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  5. #95
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm rereading the thread to see where exactly it went off track. hotmale said cocaine was an opiate (which he admitted he was wrong about).
    I think that was why there was an argument. He didn't admit he was wrong so then everyone went off trying to prove it to him. Instead he said it was an opiate, then an opiate base, then he mentioned that it did something to dopamine similar to opiates, and he kept rewording his answer so that he didn't have to admit that he was mistaken. It was just a lot of fun to watch.

    Honestly, I love hotmale. I usually have to go to INTJ Central to see people that are that stubborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  6. #96
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    i guess its all my fault for starting this i had to go and ask "what about opiates"

    so i apologize!
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  7. #97
    Senior Member lazyhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default

    i don't know what types are prone to drug addiction but i'll guess ESFPs and ISFPs...

    i think the Sensors, as a whole, are actually more prone. They can't excape reality with thier mind so they resort to unhealthy ways...

    Or maybe it is the intuitives... we can't function without a release from reality (well... atleast i can't)... and we can't take reality as well as sensors... so do we resort to drugs if we can't find any other release?

    hmm... i got more things to ponder

  8. #98
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    How so? If he doesn't know the chemical compounds?
    Well he obviously doesn't(/didn't) know what he's talking about when it comes to drugs; maybe he thought an ENTP was smoking pot, but they were actually smoking crack.

    Or worse, imagine if he had mistyped them.

    I'm rereading the thread to see where exactly it went off track. hotmale said cocaine was an opiate (which he admitted he was wrong about). Then he went on to say that it was an alkaloid-based drug (which is correct). These two drugs do completely different things in the brain, but the initial feelings users experience are similar. While opiates are depressants, users still experience a high and a rush similar to that felt by cocaine users, which is a stimulant.
    Otherwise.... it wouldn't be a drug. The high isn't what matters. Just because we can't perceive the difference doesn't mean it's not there.

    So then everyone gets into chemistry. I looked it up and cocaine prevents dopamine reuptake and it pools in the synapses of the brain. Heroine prevents functioning of pain receptors in the brain. Yes, these drugs do two different functions. But why the hell am I scouring the internet over this?[/quote] Because you feel an obligation to thwart those responses you deem frivolously argumentative?

    True enough, it doesn't have any relevance... yet.
    Frankly, I don't think there are CAUSATIONS between personality type and drug addiction.
    Agree. There could be correlations -- doubtful... I think culture has more to do with it than type, but then to argue my own point; presumably the 'typical' response of any given type to the culture might prove responsible for some drug use.

    It just seems petty to get caught up in this particular aspect of the topic. Unless you just feel like arguing, which knowing you is probably what's going on, but it seems like to me you're debating the wrong thing.
    Well clearly you've got me all figured out.

    You obviously haven't read as much of the thread as you say you have, because if you thoroughly examine the posts, you'll notice, he brought it up more than I did. I was only responding. I made 1 corrective response. He argued it. I argued back, etc.
    I'm not 'needling' Hotmale because I want to lock heads. I'm arguing because he's wrong.

    I don't mean to attack you Pro -- you raise a legitimate case, based on your hunches. I'm not just being a prick though, so you can holster the gun.
    we fukin won boys

  9. #99
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    i guess its all my fault for starting this i had to go and ask "what about opiates"

    so i apologize!
    Ha! You can't be blamed for my behavior. Why should you be guilty for trying to be correct?

    It's not like this is the french inquisition or something.
    we fukin won boys

  10. #100
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Clearly the content of his work is unremarkable if he's tagging freud as an ISFP. I mean... I like to think I'm pretty open to most any idea but, seriously?

    I can dig the Te being in last position, though I'm almost staunchly opposed to the traditional four function model, but an Se preference?



    How narcissistic are you? You honestly believe that my decisions are based around disagreeing with yours? Sorry... you don't have that much of an impact on me... just like Beebe.

    How could you have possibly dragged such self-centered foolishness from my ribbing his work based on a single (mis)diagnosis anyway?
    How arrogant can YOU be. You are acting like it's some given fact that Freud was whatever you think he was. Nobody said Freud had Te in the last position, but that he had inferior ("4th') or 'aspirational' extraverted thinking. And I think that makes a lot of sense! Freud devoted the majority of his career to "proving" his mechanical ideas of the psyche (von Franz has noted that Freud once remarked that even he was getting bored from interpreting so many dreams the same way). If Freud was an INFJ, there would be a LOT of introverted thinking in his writing, but Freud's writing was full of extraverted thinking.
    I can't believe you ever criticized ME for being close-minded.

Similar Threads

  1. INTP's which extroverted types are you attractive to?
    By great_bay in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-25-2017, 08:26 PM
  2. Are certain types more prone to certain disorders?
    By Amethyst in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 11:41 PM
  3. Personality types that tend to become alcoholics or drug abusers?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 02:04 PM
  4. Personality Types better equipped to go through physical and psychological torture?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 09:33 PM
  5. Is any one type more prone to drinking/drug use?
    By natashka in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 01:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO