• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do INTJ/ENTJ's get such a bad rap?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was gonna make a rap joke here but I realized it was awful and unfunny so I didn't.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Everyone gets a bad rap; entp, entj, intj, isfp, doesn't matter, everyone goes grr over everyone else, yeu're just noticing one more than the others =3

As for whot quirk makes intj/entj's get theirs? They're stubborn, generally, and the IJ's are worse for it. They're smart enough to reason things out but stubborn enough to refuse to do so and will paint themselves in circles to prevent having to think clearly when they can think in ways that only support their beliefs.

It doesn't mean they're cold or heartless at all. They can be very nice people. They just have a trait that, once they dig their teeth into an idea, they tend to just ignore anything that would prove them wrong.

Each type has its' flaws, I have mine, yeu have yeurs, they have theirs. People make gross exaggerations (like I just did!) but they never apply to "everyone" of that type. They do, however, have similarities, or they wouldn't be a type.

Obviously we're not all carbon copies of each other; MBTI isn't perfect, but it's a very loose guide to traits in how one perceives the world. In the case of intj/entj, they generally are stubborn, generally don't listen, and generally will not have thought it through very carefully in the first place... it's not that they CAN'T, but they have a bad habit of, once they believe something, to look at everything in a heavily slanted view that everything must support the theory, and bend their interpretations until stuff fits, even if they have to hammer it into place.

Doesn't mean they're bad people, but it can get frustrating at times.

All types have certain things that makes them irritating, or we'd have magically found the one "perfect" human.

We're flawed.

All of us.

If we weren't, we wouldn't be much fun or interesting anyway. It's for the best we're broken =3

Just use MBTI as a guide to realize that we have flaws, and how to deal with them, and it goes alot smoother is all ^^

arisniam

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
If you have several plans, one is bound to work out. Or maybe a little piece of each of those plans does and then some grand plan has gone as planned.

Things never go as planned indeed. And even though INTJ's do have the capacity for coming up with alternatives, life and human interactions will never cease to amaze you.

There will be many a time when you will be required to act. Immediately. On the spot. Concerning important matters. No time for those wonderful analytical internal dialogues. What will you do then? (actually, that seems like some pretty good thread material now that I think of it)

Some might turn impassive or lost, let another person take control of the situation. The only way I have found myself able to deal with this is turning Ni into Ne and sometimes even Te into Ti (providing models of action) for a moment. Basically, whenever in a pinch I just rely on our good old shadow functions. (Yes, that's right people, even Fe..)

As for the Antisocial One's input and advice, most of it seems valid. Yet that part about body mass, body functions, et cetera, doesn't really agree with me. He might have a point there, but makes me see human beings as robots. I speak for myself when I say that despite being a good ol' INTJ, I could not for the life of me give up the occasional beer, drink or smoke. Not to mention the daily overdose of caffeine. And I'm not that fond of fruits either.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
pffft. NTJs aren't heartless cold bastards. and knowing that is exactly how ENFPs wind them around our cute little fingers. :yes: :heart:

just kidding (kind of), but i really like NTJs. i don't really know why people see them as robots, even though they can be a bit intimidating, the E variety in how they are very sure of what needs to be done and the I variety in how they pinpoint things they are interested in with their Ni lasers. they both have a bit of a cold exterior but that makes it all the more fun to find out who they really are. for the most part NTJs seem quite socially skilled in that they know how they should behave to get certain reactions, and just make a conscious choice whether they feel like doing it or not (as opposed to NTPs, who seem a bit more oblivious). that NTJs are a bit arrogant sometimes just makes it funny and/or cute.

i actually also know an ENTJ woman (about 87% sure she is ENTJ), who is a bit "softer" i think than the stereotype. she tends to "interrogate", as my mom calls it - fire question after question, then analyze - but she's pretty cool all together. she's very smart and has got a great sense of humor.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NTJs get a bad rap because if you have any shread of insecurity or closed mindedness, they will spot it immediately and let you know very directly what that insecurity is. of course, if you disagree, they're willing to hear you out, but they're generally right. honestly, this is what I like about them though. they are great feedback mechanisms and can really help you grow and improve yourself. most of them are actually quite friendly too. now, they're not alm mushy and fuzzy like an FJ, but they're great if you want a friend with whom you can have quality conversation while enjoying a pot of tea. NTJs have a strong sense of what is pleasant and what isn't and during their leisure time are usually quite relaxed and wonderful hosts.

arisniam

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
pffft. NTJs aren't heartless cold bastards. and knowing that is exactly how ENFPs wind them around our cute little fingers. :yes: :heart:

Agreed.

just kidding (kind of), but i really like NTJs. i don't really know why people see them as robots, even though they can be a bit intimidating, the E variety in how they are very sure of what needs to be done and the I variety in how they pinpoint things they are interested in with their Ni lasers. they both have a bit of a cold exterior but that makes it all the more fun to find out who they really are. for the most part NTJs seem quite socially skilled in that they know how they should behave to get certain reactions, and just make a conscious choice whether they feel like doing it or not (as opposed to NTPs, who seem a bit more oblivious). that NTJs are a bit arrogant sometimes just makes it funny and/or cute.

Aw. That's sweet of you. Pity most people don't think of us that way.

Noon

I've only ever been friendly enough with 2 INTJs (both, I believe, were in touch with their Fi) so I can't speak with much authority about what it's like to interact with them as a group. But from what I've experienced with those that I do/did know, and even just from watching others that I don't know around forums -- like seeing their taste in art/expression and hearing/reading what they have to say/write -- the INTJ perspective is very interesting and enjoyable. From the early construction down to the final outline, with all of the subtle vibes that say, "INTJ speaking" :)laugh:), all of it is absolutely fantastic. I just love the way their minds work and I wish I could dive in deeper (especially with the great clarity that many ENFPs seem to have when they do). Many INTJs also have this great intensity to them that's both intriguing and intimidating.

As for ENTJs, I rarely have any experience with them even on forums, but I have to say that they way they carry and present themselves is really charismatic for some reason. Both male and female ENTJs seem to possess it, but I especially like ENTJ females for some reason.

I'm not sure why they (NTJs) get such a bad rep. Maybe it's because they tend to be two of the most independent types and it's often perceived as selfish/self-centered? Maybe because many can't handle their bluntness or intensity? Maybe some others who are less sure of themselves are subconsciously threatened by how self-assured and "bossy" they tend to come across as?

I don't think I've actually seen them slandered too often.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I only hear good things about xNTJs. Something about a "master race".

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure why they (NTJs) get such a bad rep. Maybe it's because they tend to be two of the most independent types and it's often perceived as selfish/self-centered? Maybe because many can't handle their bluntness or intensity? Maybe some others who are less sure of themselves are subconsciously threatened by how self-assured and "bossy" they tend to come across as?

This is actually what I hear people complain about most when they voice their dislike, which happens quite rarely. Normally, they'll just avoid me and not explain why. Haven't quite got that social mirroring thing down, hahaha...

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
For me, it's what happens when I meet up with a person who is argumentative: we just fight word-for-word to the end, with me posing analytical, yet seemingly annoying [to my opponent] questions. This gets the other person disliking my attitude to problems. This happens rarely, fortunately.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've noticed how people always seem to assume that INTJ/ENTJ's are heartless cold bastards and I'm here to say that's just not true! Now mind you I am talking about well adjusted NTJ's not mentally unstable ones.

That's because the reference tends to be focused on the latter. And the unsecured verity of INTJ/ENTJ who create extreme contention are the placeholders of stereotype for a lot of confusion. As would any personality have certain attributable experience and attitude configurations attached to the image map of the values and perceptions created through experience of the thought and emotional spectrum that ensues with the unadjusted often unstable version of personalty.

You can gain an insight into this as defined when you view how much each personality heightens some of those characteristics when they grouped like on individual forums rather than having balanced views as a forum like this helps establish. Where the traits, behaviours and flavours of personality become expressed as the definition when the reality is it is a conglomeration of people who are going through different levels of experience and are bringing to the for the negatives and focusing on those more often as the certified tunneling of thought perception rather than creating a broader general view that is healthier. You can see this in the manner in which descriptions are created, there seems to be a disproportionate amount of time relegated to creating certain values and perceptions that aren't entirely representative but selective.

off_janeva

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3sx
Ummmm, no one take this the wrong way but, I was looking up the rationale of serial killers (I forget why, believe me lol) and I found a few sources online claiming that most of them are INTJs. I think if they get a bad rap, it's just because of a stigma surrounding that strange theory. I personally have an INTJ friend that I work very well with and although he lacks the social perception I have, and we get into arguments sometimes over it, he's a genuinely likable dude and is very considerate.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Fess up. Who told you about the master plan? They'll have to be dealt with.

I've got none. Even if I had, I don't see why. I mean: what am I going to do once I'm able to "take over the world"? I just don't see it happening in my eyes.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks to Hollywood, INTJs are stereotyped as the evil masterminds, and ENTJs as the ruthless, corrupt, power-hungry CEO or politician. Obviously, this only applies to a small fraction of NTJs IRL, but try telling Hollywood that.