User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 142

  1. #71
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Wait... people don't like NTJs? So what?

    Actually I don't know how to respond appropriately to this thread.

    Like, don't like, it's up to you. I don't have the Fe to engineer a relationship, but I've got plans and ideas for stuff in the world, and if you want to join in, that'd be great. That's about how it works out for me. Really.


    Just sharin'.

  2. #72
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Wait... people don't like NTJs? So what?

    Actually I don't know how to respond appropriately to this thread.

    Like, don't like, it's up to you. I don't have the Fe to engineer a relationship, but I've got plans and ideas for stuff in the world, and if you want to join in, that'd be great. That's about how it works out for me. Really.


    Just sharin'.
    Fair does .. I am not saying i hate NTJ's i have learnt maybe one thing from them .. hehe .. But its like with anybody, you find qualities you like and qualities you don't. Get over it or get out. Simple.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  3. #73
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Wait... people don't like NTJs? So what?

    Actually I don't know how to respond appropriately to this thread.

    Like, don't like, it's up to you. I don't have the Fe to engineer a relationship, but I've got plans and ideas for stuff in the world, and if you want to join in, that'd be great. That's about how it works out for me. Really.
    Just sharin'.
    Perhaps in this thread we are seeing dominant Fe and secondary Te not quite talking so clearly? I know my biggest battles with entps are when I pull out a tertiary Te and they pull out a tertiary Fe. So I can only imagine that if those functions are more mature and defined/delineated they would conflict at the core even more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    A pity that I don't know them. I've never. ever. seen a "terribly caring" INTJ. INTJ's struggling with their feelings? Yeah, sure. INTJ's "decent and caring"? Very, very rare.
    Most INTJs I have met care very deeply but in a really odd, quiet way. They all have profound integrity, deep moral values, but they share this with very, very few. They also physically express the emotions on a very limited basis. Most are not Ann Rynd like-misunderstood yes-but they do care about others, in thier own way.

    Once they care for you, it is like you have a strong loving advocate who will always be dependable and there for you. Maybe us enfps are kinda flaky and fickle, but having that solidity, stability always present makes me like them more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    "disrespectful" isn't a word that most ENTJs would use to describe their own contradictory behavior, because arguments and bluntness are the ways we get to know people. it's more respectful to take the time to have a discussion with someone than it is to be politely silent-- it means she's taking you more seriously.
    .
    I have seen this IRL, and I really prefer it. I love going head to head with en ENTJ-when I know I am right-as honest frank, blunt ass discussion gets things moving. I worship/adore/endlessly desire ENTJs as leaders in the workplace. They give me organizational orgasms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Because they are clearly evil and you have all fallen for their plan to seduce you into thinking they are actually decent people.
    Hahahaha! monsters one and all!

  4. #74
    Senior Member Alpha Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    250

    Default

    NTJ's are the shit. Nuff said.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009

    Default



    (thanks)

  6. #76
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    OK .. I can so see that i am trying to resolve this conflict now ...

    There must be one thing an INTJ/ENTJ is good at?????









    Something, anything? .. Me neither ... Never mind, lets dance
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  7. #77
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,696

    Default

    Once one INFP on INTJf was asking how to become more orgenized, calculated and succesful. So I gave her my opinion.

    But in the end she concluded that I am a "bad person"
    However I admit that I have the tendency to be the most calculated bastard around.
    What can be seen as bad.


    So here is my reply to her which is not written to be a joke.




    I think that something must be said before I get to my point.
    People with P usually say that they must be flexible and that everything would be lost without that. And they see people with high J as short sided idiots. That can be true in case when you have high S and you are very J. But if you have strong N and strong T strong J can be controlled by those two and become very useful.
    In case that this is not true ENTJ and INTJ would never be what they are.


    Here is how NTJ is thinking.

    Instead to prepare for bad scenarios and living in fear they create plans to get an advantage in their life. After that when they get to place where they want to be they use their good position to get even better position.
    While P just waits his big problem and hopes that he/she will be ready.
    But he will probably lose because he/she stayed at first level where you are most vulnerable which is because you have small amount of options and there is no place to flee.
    Once you get to higher position and have 10 000$ per month many basic problems will not even be coming your way.



    What this means in real life?

    It means that if you stash too many things which could help you in some situations the only thing that is likely is that you will not be able to find them among all those things, at least not in advised time period and you will lose large amount of time on cleaning and repairing those things.


    How to organize?
    Put things that you need in places where you can easily grab them.
    Things which you need less put somewhere where they will be out of the way for everyday operations.
    Things you probably will not need soon can be thrown in garbage because if you are going to need them one day they will be broken or obsolete.
    Make sure that all things have their own place and that you put them in that place after use.


    On the big picture you must determine what you want from life. After you do that try to find best way to get there. Also having a master plan for your life is really not that bad because if you have it you will have standard by which you can judge things. (science and philosophy are exceptions)
    For example you must see what jobs you can do whit your education which leads to question "Is this level of education enough for me".
    But I dont have any data here so I cant help you much in this part.


    I see you are strong in verbal intelligence my advice is to use it whenever you can get something from it.
    For example I am so J that I plan my conversations. When I know that I will have to argue I scan my database about any information about my enemy and what things he/she will likely to support and what are the flaws of that thing or process.
    Also you could create list of 15-20 simple jokes and learn them for cases when you feel stuck in social situation.
    I also make list of things/facts I want to say to other person and then try to mention them in conversation (this can help you a lot in life).


    Dont hesitate to write facts and information if they are complex.
    Try to be aware of others peoples goals, hopes and fears.
    If you work in the place where you can be easily accused for something try to see it coming and prepare your defense. By this I mean write it on the paper and try to learn as much facts from it as you can. But try to be short because your point must be represented in small amount of time. And if you know topic well you can turn accusation against the accuser who could be caught by surprise with your actions.
    Dont be too nice because people will start to use you in many ways. And there is good chance that INFP can be too friendly in working environment.
    Dont be too defensive when you know that you are wrong.
    Try to be right hand of your boss. By doing this you will probably be first candidate for the promotion and that is what you want.

    Also when you start to think this way any job will be much more interesting. Because tensions will be higher what means more excitement.

    I know that this advices from INFP perspective can be summarized as become an Antichrist but this is exactly what you want.



    Strong intrapersonal intelligence can help you a lot to realize what you can and what you cant do. This is possibly your greatest strength.



    What many people dont realize is that there is entire spectrum of small things that can make a HUGE difference.

    Having proper body mass is just one of the factors but it is very important in business environment because it dictates how others see you.
    But even more important is that you cant have a good sleep if you are above 20% of your ideal body mass. When you sleep make sure that bed is not too soft.
    If it is too soft your back will hurt and you will not be fresh in the morning what can be fatal in many ways.

    Dont be an addict of any legal things that stimulate your senses.
    For example I dont drink coffee at all and I dont use any pills unless I am sick.
    Human body has chemical composition and every time you add something like this you are destroying the balance in your body.
    And that can reduce many things (like mental ability) through the rest of the day/life.
    I dont use any of those things but I have more energy and stronger mental abilities then people around me and I think it is just because I avoid those things.
    Plus it will save you much time, much money, time you need to buy them and prepare them and time to wash the dishes after coffee.
    All of this can take about 1h per day for an average person.
    But if you multiply that by 365 you will get 2 weeks of totally free time!!!!
    Congratulations, you have just bought yourself time to rest for real during the day and to make your future plans. Same works for smoking, alcohol, drugs/pills.
    Try to use same way of thinking about many small things in your life and suddenly you will have a lot of free time.


    It is very important to have 3 major meals and 2 minor meals during the day. This will cover your hunger over the day.
    Ideal is about 5% sweets , 25% proteins , 30% fruit and vegetables , 40% bread , pasta
    What people dont get is that their body is chemical factory which cant work properly if raw materials that come in, suck.
    This sounds funny but stuff like this could be just what you need to get advantage over others (read: be more productive).
    In case you know that ahead of you is situation that needs quick thinking like
    exam or meeting try to eat some small amount of meat or cheese before it because that will wake you up.

    And dont think like this you can do it, you can do it .
    What you need is Just do it and continue to next task.

    I would advise you to find someone for playing games like chess, risk and monopoly because that will boost your thinking and ability to make plans. Plus you will get used to offense as a way of thinking.

  8. #78
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    I'm gonna be honest Antisocial One, I really don't see why someone would take offense to that post. That didn't seem like an attack or anything, that just seemed like legit advice coming from you. In no way would that make you a "bad person". If that's honestly how you think then good for you, if that person took offense to that then they need to realize that a lot of people's thinking tends to not be like theirs as they'd would like it to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    There must be one thing an INTJ/ENTJ is good at?????
    I'd say it would be hard to say what someone is "good" at based entirely on type to be honest with you... NTJs are good people though.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  9. #79
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm gonna be honest Antisocial One, I really don't see why someone would take offense to that post. That didn't seem like an attack or anything, that just seemed like legit advice coming from you. In no way would that make you a "bad person". If that's honestly how you think then good for you, if that person took offense to that then they need to realize that a lot of people's thinking tends to not be like theirs as they'd would like it to be.

    I'd say it would be hard to say what someone is "good" at based entirely on type to be honest with you... NTJs are good people though.

    Well she wasn't actually offened it is just that she had a problem with idea that someone can be so ruthless/deliberate. So this insight gave her a cold shower. This is why bad person part is in quotation marks.


    But in the end she said she will think about it.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    OK .. I can so see that i am trying to resolve this conflict now ...

    There must be one thing an INTJ/ENTJ is good at?????









    Something, anything? .. Me neither ... Never mind, lets dance
    Just about anything we decide is worth our time.

Similar Threads

  1. Why do these protestors still get a platform? It's clear they don't approve anything.
    By theflame in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 02:26 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Why do INTJs spare INFPs their wrath?
    By IDreamtIWasABee in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 09:59 PM
  3. [NF] why do all great people get typed as infj or enfj?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 08:30 AM
  4. [INTJ] Why do INTJ still keep in touch with their exes... too much?
    By ImNoBozo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-23-2015, 06:52 PM
  5. [INTJ] Why do a lot of people seem to have lots of negative views about INTJs?
    By bai_lin83 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO