User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I also have an INTJ brother -- again, I concur with you: they are terribly caring.
    A pity that I don't know them. I've never. ever. seen a "terribly caring" INTJ. INTJ's struggling with their feelings? Yeah, sure. INTJ's "decent and caring"? Very, very rare.

MBTI
    ESFJ

^ +1
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    Immature NTJs have issues with running roughshod over other people's feelings and using amoral "ends justify the means" thinking. There also seems to be a stereotype of INTJs as tending to be heartless Ayn Rand fanatic Libertarians that think poor people are all lazy and make fun of us "Bleeding Heart" NF Liberals (with much abuse being tossed at the Archetypal "Bleeding Heart" INFJ Jimmy Carter)
    I don't even see the point of this rather ignorant comment. Not all NTJs are Libertarians. Ayn Rand was not a Libertarian, and nowhere close to one. Libertarians think lazy people are lazy. Libertarians are not heartless. Not all NFs are Liberals or bleeding hearts, and yes, Jimmy Carter should be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    A pity that I don't know them. I've never. ever. seen a "terribly caring" INTJ. INTJ's struggling with their feelings? Yeah, sure. INTJ's "decent and caring"? Very, very rare.
    Yes, there are many caring INTJs. Don't know why they haven't expressed it to you. Maybe they just express it differently than you are used to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    "disrespectful" isn't a word that most ENTJs would use to describe their own contradictory behavior, because arguments and bluntness are the ways we get to know people. it's more respectful to take the time to have a discussion with someone than it is to be politely silent-- it means she's taking you more seriously.

in addition, ENTJs reserve their affection for a group of close friends and relatives, who they are extremely loyal to. with what they believe is assured mutual support, there is no need to waste time building more. we use aquaintances as a change of pace, who may then develop into true friends if they prove themselves worthy and patient.
    +1

I don't have much trouble in social situations IRL, but I also don't talk to too many people (if I can avoid it). I care for the people close to me. Everyone else I'm pretty much neutral on. I don't want to hurt other people's feelings, mostly because it creates unnecessary chaos for me, but it doesn't hurt me to do so. I also feel very meh on the whole notion of social interaction so if I "run off" someone who I find annoying I'm okay with it. Kind of a good riddance to bad rubbish position I guess. By the same token, I'm perfectly fine with others deciding I'm not their cup of tea. I absolutely do not care what the world at large thinks of me or my personality type. The only people that matter are the people that matter to me.

It's my sense that most of the people that have a bone to pick with the NTJs have been wounded by one at some point. If one NTJ sucked, they all must, right? (admittedly, I do suck, but I've had the pleasure of knowing some less sucky NTJs)

MBTI
    INTj

Several posts moved to the following location:

-fuck-off-intjs-not-caring-people.html
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ESFJ

I love your humour .. I hope you trying to be funny there and not all serious
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's because Te is obnoxious. I don't mind it though.
    Te can be annoying, but I've become quite skilled in various ways of saying STFU. OTOH, you always know exactly what they think . And they can be just as amusingly random as ENTPs/INTPs when you're just shooting the breeze.

I had a conversation with the ENTJ neighbor this morning where he stated that he trusts me and that I've never lied to him. It's true - I have never lied to him. Not that I haven't considered it from time to time - but I'm not a good liar and I think it would be a tremendous mistake. He would see through me in a minute.

Of course, he also said that I tend to be somewhat blunt. I'm blunt? Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle... this is Pot.

In the end, he's a sounding board who would not hesitate to tell me when I'm screwing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's not a zero sum game. You're still a dork.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

i'm only speaking of this place due to not knowing any NTJs irl. Wait, i suppose they are the ones that weren't the 14 other types. Never mind.

i've experienced what could be felt as (catching hell) to some on here, but it was never taken personal to me. I think they articulate a few (very few) things with some hypothetical truth. This truth is said, as well as structured to say, things that could come off as insensative. The rest is the truth that is expressed through a filter of sorts.

i honestly think that an NTJ will write something they think could be insensative, yet has to be writen for truths sake and hypothetical truths sake. imo-if they think the reader will be knee jerked at first sight of their writing, they will still let it be posted because they know that once the reader comes down from knee jerk land, then the reader will absorb the facts out of it to seek consensus in order to move on.

We're looking at this like dominos or something. Someone will see (knee jerkable posts) time after time and relate that with NTJ. Eventually, if one doesn't followup with the NTJ lingo, that person will keep jerking the knee until they finally absorb it thoroghly. i think the NTJ knows this and they will keep pressing on until a person figures NTJs real higher motive out. At the very least, maybe the NTJ figures the reader of their writing could use some schooling in nonknee jerking etiquette. Assuming that reader knee jerks first. Then, with practice of reading NTJs writing, the reader shouldn't fall in the domino trap of thinking the nature of NTJs writing is insensitive because they took it from the wrong angle time after time.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    i honestly think that an NTJ will write something they think could be insensative, yet has to be writen for truths sake and hypothetical truths sake. imo-if they think the reader will be knee jerked at first sight of their writing, they will still let it be posted because they know that once the reader comes down from knee jerk land, then the reader will absorb the facts out of it to seek consensus in order to move on.
    This is the point i was just making in another thread. I understand where you are coming from so don't get me wrong. If an NTJ writes something they know to be insensitive but still posts it, why is their opinion gospel? They are waiting for people to come out of knee jerk land. No, i see this as you are deliberately provoking me. I find NTJ's have to or are always right and again that is just your view/interpretation. Your point may be valid, but my point is also just as valid.

Make sense????
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    This is the point i was just making in another thread. I understand where you are coming from so don't get me wrong. If an NTJ writes something they know to be insensitive but still posts it, why is their opinion gospel? They are waiting for people to come out of knee jerk land. No, i see this as you are deliberately provoking me. I find NTJ's have to or are always right and again that is just your view/interpretation. Your point may be valid, but my point is also just as valid.

Make sense????
    NTJs kind of expect people to think before they say something. If you wait out your knee-jerk reaction and are still offended, say something. You know. Count to ten if you're angry, if you're really angry, count to a hundred. Like your first grade teacher said. Or was it Ben Franklin?

There is a difference between deliberate provocation and playing devil's advocate. But yes. This is why people hate NTJs.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge