• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do INTJ/ENTJ's get such a bad rap?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
But I haven't figured out how to engage Fi online
Me neither. I am (and seem like) a person who cares a lot for his friends on a personal, emotional level, tho it doesn't come off as sentimental.

So, online behavior != offline behavior :huh:

Disclaimer: most people don't usually see me care that much.. it's reserved for a closer circle of friends.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
That gun may just come in handy then ;)

I got the image from google, but a real Kalashnikov would be nice. Alas, I was five years to young to get one when the ban expired.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Te = Telling people what to do. It isn't the most attractive feature, and can be especially annoying to some. But I wouldn't say they're cold or heartless, just less concerned with showing that side of them...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If some people like me, do I have to like them back? That seems like a lot of work.

I've had people like me when I didn't like them back.

It usually turns out extremely uncomfortable and a lot of work.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Te = Telling people what to do. It isn't the most attractive feature, and can be especially annoying to some. But I wouldn't say they're cold or heartless, just less concerned with showing that side of them...
Te isn't just about "telling people what to do" or that would be the general description. Te is more about plotting a series of real world steps based on the available data; numbers, statistics, and recognized facts. The vast majority of ISTJ's, for instance, will keep to themselves yet their secondary Function is Te. The idea that Te is domineering is more of a general stereotype involving ENTJs and to a lesser extent ESTJs.

Comprehending and mentally organizing the steps necessary to create a company = Te
Telling People What To Do = Telling People What To Do (often comes in the form of vigilante Fe, Fi, or even insecure Se or Ti)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I've honestly never had an NTJ that I was acquainted to or friends with do this... Why would anyone tell you what to do just for the sheer hell of it?

ms jennifer

MBTI Type
INTJ
We are not so bad. Perhaps it is your lack of understanding that makes us difficult.

Rest assured, however, we do not understand ourselves fully either.

G

Glycerine

I've honestly never had an NTJ that I was acquainted to or friends with do this... Why would anyone tell you what to do just for the sheer hell of it?

+1000. They almost always have a practical reason for telling people what to do. It's just an efficient way to get things done sometimes. I think the bluntness/directness can be useful many times because people know exactly what the XNTJs (also XSTJs) are getting at w/o beating around the bush. Diplomacy/tact has its value but it doesn't always get to the point the way bluntness (which Te users tend to possess) can. That being said, I think the very blunt/direct nature of XNTJs gives them a bad rap. That's probably why they are deemed as "assholes" a lot, lol.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Te = Telling people what to do.

Really?

Is Ti then telling oneself what to do?

What are Fe and Fi then? Is Fe telling people what to do, but nicely?

If you didn't catch the point: Go read up about cognitive functions.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it's a matter of personal preference. I find SFJs and ENTPs much more irritating. I actually like NTJs, as far as I know.

F

figsfiggyfigs

We are not so bad. Perhaps it is your lack of understanding that makes us difficult.

Rest assured, however, we do not understand ourselves fully either.

so very true..

I find NTJ's to be among the least irritating personality types... :headphne:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my best friend is INTJ and everyone gets mad at him because he seems like the "bad guy" this doesn't make sense to me tho. I see INTJ as more sophisticated and slightly pompous and cocky (which doesn't bother me), I think people just get mad because they make so much money and always get their way (a skill I've picked up from him). people get mad at me for the same reasons when I seem to always get what I want, it's just human nature to be jealous. even as a child, I never really viewed them as the bad guy, just someone with a different agenda who happened to be charming, classy and very intelligent (I viewed the stupid offe who only used brute force as more of the bad guy)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is why they're leaders. They separate themselves and gain greater height of respect and absolute power.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I'm pretty sure I'm INTJ, although I have some traits that made me seem as INFJ at first.

I really hate hugging/kissing people I don't know or people I feel bad about at the moment (and I am very sensitive to "vibes", so it's easy for me to feel bad about people without them knowing it), but I am probably the most cuddly person in the world when I start loving you (which isn't a lot of people).
I don't think I seem cold to strangers, though, because I respect people and I behave in a quiet way, while those I am close to get to experience my extreme mood, personality and temperament (which ain't always easy..).

So, the sum up would be; I seem like the easiest and kindest person to those who don't know me, while it's not exactly the truth. ;)