First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I'm not sure why they (NTJs) get such a bad rep. Maybe it's because they tend to be two of the most independent types and it's often perceived as selfish/self-centered? Maybe because many can't handle their bluntness or intensity? Maybe some others who are less sure of themselves are subconsciously threatened by how self-assured and "bossy" they tend to come across as?
    This is actually what I hear people complain about most when they voice their dislike, which happens quite rarely. Normally, they'll just avoid me and not explain why. Haven't quite got that social mirroring thing down, hahaha...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Jealousy? Thats the reasonn for bad rap:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    I only hear good things about xNTJs. Something about a "master race".
    Fess up. Who told you about the master plan? They'll have to be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kambro View Post
    Jealousy? Thats the reasonn for bad rap:-)
    One reason for bad rep, though, is bad orthography.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

For me, it's what happens when I meet up with a person who is argumentative: we just fight word-for-word to the end, with me posing analytical, yet seemingly annoying [to my opponent] questions. This gets the other person disliking my attitude to problems. This happens rarely, fortunately.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    I've noticed how people always seem to assume that INTJ/ENTJ's are heartless cold bastards and I'm here to say that's just not true! Now mind you I am talking about well adjusted NTJ's not mentally unstable ones.
    That's because the reference tends to be focused on the latter. And the unsecured verity of INTJ/ENTJ who create extreme contention are the placeholders of stereotype for a lot of confusion. As would any personality have certain attributable experience and attitude configurations attached to the image map of the values and perceptions created through experience of the thought and emotional spectrum that ensues with the unadjusted often unstable version of personalty.

You can gain an insight into this as defined when you view how much each personality heightens some of those characteristics when they grouped like on individual forums rather than having balanced views as a forum like this helps establish. Where the traits, behaviours and flavours of personality become expressed as the definition when the reality is it is a conglomeration of people who are going through different levels of experience and are bringing to the for the negatives and focusing on those more often as the certified tunneling of thought perception rather than creating a broader general view that is healthier. You can see this in the manner in which descriptions are created, there seems to be a disproportionate amount of time relegated to creating certain values and perceptions that aren't entirely representative but selective.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3sx
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ummmm, no one take this the wrong way but, I was looking up the rationale of serial killers (I forget why, believe me lol) and I found a few sources online claiming that most of them are INTJs. I think if they get a bad rap, it's just because of a stigma surrounding that strange theory. I personally have an INTJ friend that I work very well with and although he lacks the social perception I have, and we get into arguments sometimes over it, he's a genuinely likable dude and is very considerate.
    The knowledge of possibility falsifies all facts.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

typing too fast because my brain is too fast :-)

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Fess up. Who told you about the master plan? They'll have to be dealt with.
    I've got none. Even if I had, I don't see why. I mean: what am I going to do once I'm able to "take over the world"? I just don't see it happening in my eyes.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Thanks to Hollywood, INTJs are stereotyped as the evil masterminds, and ENTJs as the ruthless, corrupt, power-hungry CEO or politician. Obviously, this only applies to a small fraction of NTJs IRL, but try telling Hollywood that.