User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Te = Telling people what to do. It isn't the most attractive feature, and can be especially annoying to some. But I wouldn't say they're cold or heartless, just less concerned with showing that side of them...
    Te isn't just about "telling people what to do" or that would be the general description. Te is more about plotting a series of real world steps based on the available data; numbers, statistics, and recognized facts. The vast majority of ISTJ's, for instance, will keep to themselves yet their secondary Function is Te. The idea that Te is domineering is more of a general stereotype involving ENTJs and to a lesser extent ESTJs.

Comprehending and mentally organizing the steps necessary to create a company = Te
    Telling People What To Do = Telling People What To Do (often comes in the form of vigilante Fe, Fi, or even insecure Se or Ti)
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Te = Telling people what to do. It isn't the most attractive feature, and can be especially annoying to some. But I wouldn't say they're cold or heartless, just less concerned with showing that side of them...
    I've honestly never had an NTJ that I was acquainted to or friends with do this... Why would anyone tell you what to do just for the sheer hell of it?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ

We are not so bad. Perhaps it is your lack of understanding that makes us difficult.

Rest assured, however, we do not understand ourselves fully either.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I've honestly never had an NTJ that I was acquainted to or friends with do this... Why would anyone tell you what to do just for the sheer hell of it?
    +1000. They almost always have a practical reason for telling people what to do. It's just an efficient way to get things done sometimes. I think the bluntness/directness can be useful many times because people know exactly what the XNTJs (also XSTJs) are getting at w/o beating around the bush. Diplomacy/tact has its value but it doesn't always get to the point the way bluntness (which Te users tend to possess) can. That being said, I think the very blunt/direct nature of XNTJs gives them a bad rap. That's probably why they are deemed as "assholes" a lot, lol.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Te = Telling people what to do.
    Really?

Is Ti then telling oneself what to do?

What are Fe and Fi then? Is Fe telling people what to do, but nicely?

If you didn't catch the point: Go read up about cognitive functions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it's a matter of personal preference. I find SFJs and ENTPs much more irritating. I actually like NTJs, as far as I know.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by ms jennifer View Post
    We are not so bad. Perhaps it is your lack of understanding that makes us difficult.

Rest assured, however, we do not understand ourselves fully either.
    so very true..

I find NTJ's to be among the least irritating personality types...

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

my best friend is INTJ and everyone gets mad at him because he seems like the "bad guy" this doesn't make sense to me tho. I see INTJ as more sophisticated and slightly pompous and cocky (which doesn't bother me), I think people just get mad because they make so much money and always get their way (a skill I've picked up from him). people get mad at me for the same reasons when I seem to always get what I want, it's just human nature to be jealous. even as a child, I never really viewed them as the bad guy, just someone with a different agenda who happened to be charming, classy and very intelligent (I viewed the stupid offe who only used brute force as more of the bad guy)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

This is why they're leaders. They separate themselves and gain greater height of respect and absolute power.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

I'm pretty sure I'm INTJ, although I have some traits that made me seem as INFJ at first.

I really hate hugging/kissing people I don't know or people I feel bad about at the moment (and I am very sensitive to "vibes", so it's easy for me to feel bad about people without them knowing it), but I am probably the most cuddly person in the world when I start loving you (which isn't a lot of people).
    I don't think I seem cold to strangers, though, because I respect people and I behave in a quiet way, while those I am close to get to experience my extreme mood, personality and temperament (which ain't always easy..).

So, the sum up would be; I seem like the easiest and kindest person to those who don't know me, while it's not exactly the truth.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive