• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MindType : a weird variant of MBTT

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
No need to try explaining it... there's a lot of BSing included in that particular site that I ripped apart way back in INTPc...

Edit: Oh... they did come up with something new... Hmmm my apologies... *goes read*

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
What the fuck?

You probably can't explain it accurately, because the engineer in charge of designing it can't...

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
From my quick scanning of it, they're basically trying to find a more accurate typing system, I guess for people who are say INxP. where they draw from two different types.

They seem to be attacking the issue by trying to separate how one gathers information, and how one acts on it. Then combining those two to create their "synthesis" type.

So instead of 16 main types, they're trying to break it down into 288 types.

It's some what similar to Enneagrams with the wing and sx/sp/so modifiers.

At least thats what I got from it though I only read part of one page, and scanned another.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:thinking: I don't get it- is there a test there for us to take, or is it just reading? :huh:

I like tests, but just reading something that can potentially confuse me? Not so much! :laugh:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Looks like reading to me... Just theories. I think the person who wrote that is an INTJ/P... the way things are described fits the bill.

It gave me some ideas to play with regarding to cross function interactions anyhow... eg Ni/Se, Ti/Fe. The rest of the "mathematical reasoning" I'm going to have to go back another time to reconsider. Intuitively though, it seems to work. Just not sure why things were set up that way other than to get the model to fit.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I read it... it was complicated and I didn't understand all of it. I got some of it, but I think they didn't use English very well. I spotted grammatical and spelling errors (I don't mean "xor," I knew that was a word ;)). They could have explained it better... I was only able to understand what they were saying at all via the pictures (and I'm bad at interpreting pictures), their words were very vague in some cases.

I've already thought of the opposite function interactions in another thread I posted a long time ago, and I think I explained it better. But it was so long and boring no one wanted to read it except a couple of INTP's and an INTJ. :(

Their explanation of this aspect was shorter, but too graphical and complex. Mine was easier to follow, but too long and dull. I'm guessing that shows I'm a g synthesis type, and the writers of this were likely r synthesis types. I think I elaborated on and tried to completely clarify something they mentioned too briefly as part of something larger.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looks like reading to me... Just theories. I think the person who wrote that is an INTJ/P... the way things are described fits the bill.

And probably INTP because that's the type they kept using as a prime example.

I spent five minutes looking for SOMETHING to understand and it was remarkably impenetrable. S/he definitely needs someone else to explain the ideas, because right now only the writer (and a small subset of the population that commonly use computer programming style terminology, at best) are going to grasp anything.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
And probably INTP because that's the type they kept using as a prime example.

I spent five minutes looking for SOMETHING to understand and it was remarkably impenetrable. S/he definitely needs someone else to explain the ideas, because right now only the writer (and a small subset of the population that commonly use computer programming style terminology, at best) are going to grasp anything.

Is that what that was? Computer programming lingo? I thought it was just some weird logic system. Actually I should have known better... the binary vs continuous stream should have given it away. :doh: I think it's slowly digestible... but yes a rewrite into something the common populist can understand would be nice. So anybody here up for the task?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is that what that was? Computer programming lingo?

Oh, ayuh, that XOR thing that stuck out like a sore thumb is programming syntax (just like AND & OR).

A normal OR in programming means "if either of these is true, then" while XOR means "if only ONE of these is true, then" .... I think.