User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I was reading this thread where The Liquid Laser (among others) mentioned how Ni dominants (namely, INTJ and INFJ types) have the most trouble putting their thoughts into words.
    It's odd. At work, my boss and others recognize communication - written AND verbal - as one of my greatest strengths. So, I can put work-related thoughts into words. But I consider this more fact-based stuff. Tangible work-related ideas, system details, etc. So I can speak pretty well in meetings and present my thoughts.

But when it comes to my *personal* thoughts, beliefs, and feelings, I feel like I have a really hard time expressing myself. Maybe other people who are on the receiving end think I'm coherent, I don't know..but as for my own perception, I think I do a horrible job. But it's probably because I have a million little links/connections in my head, that I'm unable to verbalize, so what DOES come out is a tiny miniscule amount of what's really in there. I don't know. It's why I'm so much more comfortable in writing my thoughts/beliefs out....because I have the time to extract it from my brain and put some order into it. If I don't have a chunk of time to gather my thoughts, which I really don't have in a real-life conversation, then I'm not going to get much out.

Oh, I'm not one to bother remembering phone numbers. I just don't make the conscious effort to memorize a lot of that stuff!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Names are easy, as for numbers I can't even remember my own cell phone number,

and I think I just forgot my pin. Great.
    I've had a hard time remembering my cell's # too, any of them. Whenever people ask for it and I can't recall it, they think I'm crazy. Pin #s too, like a debit # ...only way I remember is if I turn them into a tune or do it w/ actively thinking.

Old HS locker pin....couldn't recall it to save my books but I could open it "without thinking". Or I'll remember the numbers way after .

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    It's odd. At work, my boss and others recognize communication - written AND verbal - as one of my greatest strengths. So, I can put work-related thoughts into words. But I consider this more fact-based stuff. Tangible work-related ideas, system details, etc. So I can speak pretty well in meetings and present my thoughts.

But when it comes to my *personal* thoughts, beliefs, and feelings, I feel like I have a really hard time expressing myself. Maybe other people who are on the receiving end think I'm coherent, I don't know..but as for my own perception, I think I do a horrible job. But it's probably because I have a million little links/connections in my head, that I'm unable to verbalize, so what DOES come out is a tiny miniscule amount of what's really in there. I don't know. It's why I'm so much more comfortable in writing my thoughts/beliefs out....because I have the time to extract it from my brain and put some order into it. If I don't have a chunk of time to gather my thoughts, which I really don't have in a real-life conversation, then I'm not going to get much out.

Oh, I'm not one to bother remembering phone numbers. I just don't make the conscious effort to memorize a lot of that stuff!
    Exactly! I also think I do a horrible job translating my 'personal' thoughts/beliefs/feelings when speaking or I think I do b/c "it's not enough of what's inside" even if I'm eloquent about it. And others tell me they thought I made sense or it was fine but I felt rushed or something. Yea.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I also remember my social security number without looking at it.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I am good at remembering names alongside surnames because I just have this fondness for names. I really like names.
    Inversely I can only remember birthdays that either are close to my own or are easier to memorize by virtue of some numerical pattern (like 12-12, 01-10, 04-08, etc). I am not good at memorizing phone numbers though, except the ones I use often.

There's also the thing nightning mentioned -- sometimes I almost feel like I am a fountain of fairly insignificant, sometimes relevant, statistical, random, or even useless information that float to my mind as the subject relating to them is breached.
    Not really.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    I am good at remembering names alongside surnames because I just have this fondness for names. I really like names.
    Inversely I can only remember birthdays that either are close to my own or are easier to memorize by virtue of some numerical pattern (like 12-12, 01-10, 04-08, etc). I am not good at memorizing phone numbers though, except the ones I use often.

There's also the thing nightning mentioned -- sometimes I almost feel like I am a fountain of fairly insignificant, sometimes relevant, statistical, random, or even useless information that float to my mind as the subject relating to them is breached.
    I relate that fount of insignifcant info also as an "Aha!" moment that erupts as it chooses or is prodded unawares by/to me. I fancy one day those info will become necessary or relavent for the future, and some initially thought irrelevant info has become useful for me/others.

When it comes to stats though, if fairly commonly known, it's not so hard getting it right. Otherwise, I'm fairly 'close' or off a bit of some numbers. When it comes to names, I love knowing the meaning of them and find it rude or lazy when others don't try to pronounce someone's name correctly or Anglicize them-- even when the people themselves Anglicize their name to fit in or not be mocked.

I've been fortunate in having people in my life with bdays on holidays lol or near them. I can't help but associate their birthdays to holidays after knowing them even after years of not speaking to some of them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i have a ridiculous memory for numbers, so does my ENTP brother (he literally knows the birthday of 400+ people), and so does my INTP dad.

my INFJ (1) and INTJ (3) friends don't seem to be able to remember numbers well at all.

i guess the point i'm trying to make is that there's probably no correlation (or maybe a tiny tiny one i guess)

maybe it correlates better with Ti?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I tend to think in the "web of ideas" (which was coincidentally described in a response to another thread just a bit ago), or in charts, images, or some other sort of visual methods.

It doesn't seem to help with remembering numbers any more or less. I do seem to remember music tunes/songs pretty well though.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

The memorization of numbers seems more like an Si thing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    The memorization of numbers seems more like an Si thing.
    how is it Si?