Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Well that makes a nice theory, but no. There actually is a survey out there of type representation in clergymen, but I don't take stock in those statistics anyway.
    I don't manipulate crowds, and I have no desire too. In fact, I usually dislike motivational speakers. Maybe you should stop thinking about all those imaginary ENPs you and bluewing cook up in your heads, and meet some of the real life ones.
    But you are not the only ENFP in the world. Even if ENFPs make up a small percentage of the total population, that's still several million individuals.

Besides, Substitute is an ENTP and a clergyman.

On that note, I don't understand how people come up with the notion that INTJs are self-confident. As introverts, and moreover, Ni dominants with inferior Se, I'd say they are more likely to be insecure people who project the image of self-confidence.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    But you are not the only ENFP in the world. Even if ENFPs make up a small percentage of the total population, that's still several million individuals.

On that note, I don't understand how people come up with the notion that INTJs are self-confident. As introverts, and moreover, Ni dominants, I'd say they are more likely to be insecure people who project the image of self-confidence.
    You can lack confidence in the outer world, yet you may still think highly of yourself based on your internal standard which shall tell you that you've fulfilled your inner qualities. This would be much more important than being confident in the external world and therefore would have a greater impact on your overall self-confidence.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENTP

On that note, I don't understand how people come up with the notion that INTJs are self-confident. As introverts, and moreover, Ni dominants with inferior Se, I'd say they are more likely to be insecure people who project the image of self-confidence.
    Yes, and as substitute explained very well himself, he isn't the slightest bit interested in brainwashing people.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i feel like bluewing's point is more applicable to ENTJs.

and bluewing seems like an INTJ to me for some reason. INTP doesn't fit right.

anyways, it seems like ENPs would be most comfortable being able to freely talk about their ideas. a religious audience would be somewhat stifling, no?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Jung's definition of Ne sounds more justly applied to the ENxJ, yes.

But Ne is potentially good at deceiving the crowd by putting on different masks, which, in essence, is exactly what Ne does. So to that end, I can see an ENFP (gone wrong) putting on the appearance of a religious leader to get the crowd to believe him/her.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post

and bluewing seems like an INTJ to me for some reason. INTP doesn't fit right.
    I just told him that on AIM LOL!

He said that my most previous post was a "rambling post" and I couldn't stick to a single topic.

I know I was coherent.

That's because he used Ni -- he read it for what he expected it to be; an ENTP dicking around on a keyboard changing topic faster than he changed keys; rather than taking in what it actually had to offer.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

But Ne is potentially good at deceiving the crowd by putting on different masks, which, in essence, is exactly what Ne does. So to that end, I can see an ENFP (gone wrong) putting on the appearance of a religious leader to get the crowd to believe him/her.
    No, EN_J's are not like that either.

you 'could see' it but it's not even more likely for an ENFP than any other type.

The only formula about 'going phony' applies to catylists in general (Eve Delunas, "Survival games personalities play") However, it doesn't manifest itself in ways that BW would imagine.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

The difference between Extroverted Judgment and Extroverted Perception is that the former runs on a rational or conscious function. The latter on unconscious (irrational). Jung makes several points to emphasize the 'irrationality' of the Extroverted Intuitive or the feed from the unconscious rather than careful conscious scrutiny.

The Extroverted Intuitive easily drifts. The Extroverted Judger sticks to the clearly defined external agenda. The character Jung was describing was definitely a drifter.

“Naturally this attitude holds great dangers, for all too easily the intuitive may fritter away his life on things and people, spreading about him an abundance of which others live and not he himself. If only he could stay put, he would reap the fruits of his labours; but always he must be running after a new possibility, quitting his newly planted fields while others gather in the harvest. In the end he goes away empty.”

I wonder what the heck happened to the natural Extroverted Judging search for closure here.

An extroverted judger as a preacher would find one group to abide by and stick to them to the end. As he clearly identifies with one external standard. EJs have difficulty changing masks because of their change-aversion (typical J trait) and because they tend to derive much of their identify from the particular roles they embrace. (Father, preacher, basketball player..etc). Yet Ps dont think in terms of roles (they run on introverted judgment), they could easily joggle them around.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, how badly I want to respond to this ...... thread.

But I've already received a warning for posting my honest to god thoughts regarding ........ flagrant .........

Oh well.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    1w2

No, you received a warning for insulting another member. If you couldn't find a better way to phrase your honest thoughts, then yes, keep them to yourself.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3