• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Skeptically Speaking podcast on typing

Alchemilla

MBTI Type
INFJ
I joined this forum after taking a personality test due to listening to a recent episode of the Skeptically Speaking podcast.

If anyone listens to it, I'd like to know what you thought :)

(Personally I found it helpful, especially because I've been very stressed lately. Listening to the podcast made me wonder if knowing your "type" could give insights about how to deal with that.)

Episode summery:

#92 The Introvert Advantage

We ring in the New Year with an interview for those of us who prefer a good book, a quiet chat, or an interesting hour of radio over a night of wild partying. We’re joined by Dr. Marti Laney, family therapist and author of The Introvert Advantage. We’ll learn why some people are wired to prefer solitude, and how they can learn to navigate in a world that rewards people who love to socialize.

Speaking Up:
Cognitive psychologist Barbara Drescher on the fact and fiction of personality tests.

Skeptically Speaking will be taking a break over the holidays. As this episode is prerecorded, we will not be accepting questions from the audience or setting up the chat room. You can listen to it stream at 6pm MST on CJSR.

Our live episodes begin again next week. In the meantime, have a Happy New Year!

http://skepticallyspeaking.ca/episodes/92-the-introverts-advantage

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
How could someone possibly doubt the iron-clad accuracy of typology?

I mean, really. That's absurd on the face of it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
first speaker knows next to nothing about mbti and her opinions are plain wrong because they are based on not knowing what shes talking about. second speaker seems to know alot and i find this very interesting. im @ 42mins atm

rav3n

Listened for 11:32 and found the deemed "expert" lacking knowledge on what MBTI is about. And this judgment is coming from a non-expert layperson.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Listened for 11:32 and found the deemed "expert" lacking knowledge on what MBTI is about. And this judgment is coming from a non-expert layperson.

nice Je :biggrin: