First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Actually I think INxJs are very paranoid, have weird ideas about things, can be cautious to the point of avoidant, and buy into conspiracy theories.

On the other hand, ENxPs are probably most likely to be pegged as stark raving lunatics and get sent to the psych ward more quickly because they're more open about their crazy.

But just so you know, there are even bipolar ISTJs who talk to themselves and scare their families, so insanity is not the sole domain of Ns.
    i mean, really any type is just as capable of crazy.

refer back to thread about looping.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I think Ni makes you more actually crazy, but Ne is more likely to make other people think you are crazy.
    What a very astute observation.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I think Ni makes you more actually crazy, but Ne is more likely to make other people think you are crazy.
    for the most part, i would agree...

however, one INFP i knew was fearing he was losing his mind for quite some time. he eventually came out of it, i suppose... and now i guess he's just looked at as being crazy.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENTP

If I ever get to the psych ward, it would be my Ni's fault. In general it's an okay function, balancing the crazy optimism of my Ne, warning the judging functions not to take on yet another big Ne project and thus helping me to finish some of them.
    But when I'm stressed out, it seems my Ni knocks all other functions down and starts a monologue about how I'll always be a failure. This of course causes more stress, which makes the Ni even more prominent and even more pessimistic. Sometimes I can only break this destructive thought pattern with some help from other people.

My Ne, on the other hand... that one causes drawings, paintings and other (mostly unfinished) art projects to lie around in the house, not to mention a hundred little novel beginnings filling the hard disk... in short, it's the sort of crazyness which makes people laugh and shake their heads at the same time. Mostly harmless, as Ford Prefect (The hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy, Douglas Adams) would say.

But that's for me, I don't know in general.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Neither. Baby Fi or Fe is more likely to drive people mad.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower
    hit the nail on the head

if anything lands me in a psych ward it's going to be Fi, not Ne. Ne gets me out of my messes

Both Ne doms can be neurotic as hell. ENFPs get all emo-y and the ENTPs, well they just do what they do.

I suspect ENFPs win though as we are like "OMG, LOOK HOW FUCKING CRAZY I FEEEEEEEEEEL????? My GOD SOMEBODY HELPPPPPPP MY SOUUUUUULLLLLL IS ALL SPEWING ONTO THEEEEEEE FLLOOOOOOR. THE PAAAAAAAIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then like an hour later, we go, "yeah so are you hungry, because I think a burger sounds good" and try and pretend that wasnt us.

Ni doms I suspect can be nuts but since they are quiet, folks just think they are odd and introverted. My INFJ grandmom totally thought alien abductions were real and that women had given births to wolf puppies and other odd things. My ENFP gamdmom just loved jesus a lot. It appears in old age, the crazy factor stabilizes a bit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This.

I'm well aware that it's really difficult for some people to understand why certain things are so important to me. And I've been known to unintentionally worry or alienate people because of how I have a habit of internalizing my Fi's negative feelings for a period of time until I finally express them in a no holds barred manner. (*cough* when I've talked on this board about the aspects of WoW I don't like *cough*)

Which leads me to ask this: does anyone think Fi is more likely than either Ni or Ne to land you in the Psych Ward?
    INFP | 4w5 | Phlegmatic-Melancholic

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

my Fi has driven me pretty crazy... and Fi/Ni looping is absolutely horrible...
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Both Ne doms can be neurotic as hell. ENFPs get all emo-y and the ENTPs, well they just do what they do.

I suspect ENFPs win though as we are like "OMG, LOOK HOW FUCKING CRAZY I FEEEEEEEEEEL????? My GOD SOMEBODY HELPPPPPPP MY SOUUUUUULLLLLL IS ALL SPEWING ONTO THEEEEEEE FLLOOOOOOR. THE PAAAAAAAIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then like an hour later, we go, "yeah so are you hungry, because I think a burger sounds good" and try and pretend that wasnt us.
    Oh my gosh, I do this. I identify with this so much.