User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one is it?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    6 6.74%
  • ENTP

    3 3.37%
  • INTJ

    20 22.47%
  • ENTJ

    6 6.74%
  • INFP

    6 6.74%
  • ENFP

    1 1.12%
  • INFJ

    2 2.25%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • ISTP

    6 6.74%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ISTJ

    16 17.98%
  • ESTJ

    14 15.73%
  • ISFP

    1 1.12%
  • ESFP

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    1 1.12%
  • ESFJ

    7 7.87%
First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 64

  1. #51
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I can only draw from experience, so my vote is based on my personal experience, instead of what I theoretically would think to be stubborn.

    I voted ENTP, with special leanings toward younger ENTPs..
    We're only stubborn until you take the time to explain the logic backing up your assertion, not to mention withstand the deconstruction we're going to do in the process.

    Once that's done, hell, we'll go along with anything.

  2. #52
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    In my experience ISTP are the most stubborn type.

    TJ are stubborn in enforcing and following rules, that's why they are easily perceived as stubborn. These rules can be changed and TJ can adopt them.

    ISTPs make their own rules and judgments and aren't interested in enforcing them and that's why they don't seem stubborn. But there is no external way of changing an ISTP's prejudices. From my experience you can't change ISTP's prejudices even if presented with flawless arguments. They can only change by internal processes.
    I'm totally agree with you. Although, I'm clearly a very stubborn person who only values his personal approach. I'don't know if we are THE most stubborn type, but we are probaby one of the most stubborn. I would say that INTJ and ISTP are the most stubborns types. By the way, I'm suprised that so few people have voted ISTP.

  3. #53
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Your stubbornness manifests itself with your introverted function.

    xSxJ - stubborn about "the way things are done", conservative in the traditional sense
    xNxJ - stubborn about their conclusions, gullible without sufficient evidence
    xxFP - stubborn about their personal beliefs, overly self-righteous
    xxTP - stubborn about logic, trouble assuaging emotions over a question of fact
    I'm agree, but extroverted functions can lead to stubbornness too.

  4. #54
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    I can definitely see a stubborn person as someone who has problems utilizing their secondary function, which is why the secondary function is basically seen as more obstinate, negativist, and limiting to me than the primary. So xNTP I see how if one were to be stubborn it would be with logic, reason, etc, more than intuition or feeling, but its mostly a difference between Te and Ti. INTP seeing more of the flawed system, ENTP seeing more of the bad common sense.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Liminality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Any J types, really. Ni is stubborn about its own vision and conceptions. Si is stubborn about rules and highly anal-retentive.
    I've an INTJ friend who I'm pretty sure is a mixture of Ni Te Si and Fi .

    Actually I forgot my dad...ISTJs, no contest.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

  6. #56
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I can definitely see a stubborn person as someone who has problems utilizing their secondary function, which is why the secondary function is basically seen as more obstinate, negativist, and limiting to me than the primary.
    My secondary function is definitely obstinate, but negativist?

    No way!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #57
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Sorry CaptainChick, I wasn't aware we were talking about butterflies.

  8. #58
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Sorry CaptainChick, I wasn't aware we were talking about butterflies.
    Excuse me?!!??

    If you want to talk about swallowtails, and painted ladies, I'm down.

    But I was talking about my secondary function, which also happens to be your tertiary function, Fi.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #59
    Senior Member Liminality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I can definitely see a stubborn person as someone who has problems utilizing their secondary function, which is why the secondary function is basically seen as more obstinate, negativist, and limiting to me than the primary.
    You say that, you must've not seen the capabilities of an overzelous Ne <_<...
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

  10. #60
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Well now were just arguing two ways here! All I'm saying is that I can see how it would be more of a secondary function thing, because a P might have more problems with J things, and visa versa. Not that someone has to be stubborn or does not have to be stubborn. It's all highly theoretical, tut tut.

Similar Threads

  1. What are the most "individualistic" types?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 11:02 PM
  2. Craziest/Most Absurd type
    By GZA in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 02:01 PM
  3. What are the most "collectivistic" types?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 03:08 PM
  4. Who is the most protective type?
    By kathara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
  5. What is the most paranoid type?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO