• ESFP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

1 1.12%
  • ESFJ

7 7.87%
First 12345 Last

deleted

I know you might not want to hear this from me because its not directly related to MBTI terminology as you know it, but I think most bouts of stubbornness comes from Si dominance/valuing. So in my eyes that would be mainly the ISxP, ESxJ, and INxJ. I am referring to my distinct impression of MBTI types though. Definitely. Si types for me are confident, mostly fond of normalcy (keeping things stable and predictable) basically going by "what works" for them and not wanting to change from it if there is no need to, with strong internal willpower, and they can basically be rather obstinate.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

im pretty laid back with ideas, but if you cross my values im not gonna move at all. My values are set in stone and they cannot be changed. I'm sure most people would then think im close minded but really once i KNOW what is right for me then im unable to change. i mean, just like anyone else would set the claws out if their values were being messed with, thats me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm INTP and I'm definately stubborn when talking about religion or politics, and equally stubborn defending something I did. I'm usually the one who wins debates of "whose fault was it".

MBTI
    I

As an ISTJ, I'm gonna have to say my own type. And I don't necessarily look at it like a bad thing, a little stubbornness is good because it shows you believe in your ideas. I know I for one have been called very stubborn and arrogant. ISTJs have a leg up on INTJs because of our dominant Si, for sure.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

INTJ. ISTJ tends rather to be rigids, but not really stubborn. I think it's diferent. If the boss of the ISTJ says to him to stop to be stubborn, the ISTJ stops. The INTJ does'nt.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    INTJ. ISTJ tends rather to be rigids, but not really stubborn. I think it's diferent. If the boss of the ISTJ says to him to stop to be stubborn, the ISTJ stops. The INTJ does'nt.
    This is what I think too. I think of the system of MBTI different though, that INTJ actually uses Si more than the Se ISTJ who is more adaptive to people and their opinions, both still by stereotype structured and rigid Js.

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

In my experience ISTP are the most stubborn type.

TJ are stubborn in enforcing and following rules, that's why they are easily perceived as stubborn. These rules can be changed and TJ can adopt them.

ISTPs make their own rules and judgments and aren't interested in enforcing them and that's why they don't seem stubborn. But there is no external way of changing an ISTP's prejudices. From my experience you can't change ISTP's prejudices even if presented with flawless arguments. They can only change by internal processes.
    Dishonest ISFPs make me sad.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Oh i will give as good as i get usually. If there is no room to move in any given situation, then i won't budge either. Stalemate (although i don't like those situations)

There are types out there i know that will give me a run for my money though.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    In my experience ISTP are the most stubborn type.

ISTPs make their own rules and judgments and aren't interested in enforcing them and that's why they don't seem stubborn. But there is no external way of changing an ISTP's prejudices. From my experience you can't change ISTP's prejudices even if presented with flawless arguments. They can only change by internal processes.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

ESFJ. Saslou you're wonderful, but too many of your kind have proven this to me. Toooo maaaany.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)