Thread: Ne/Ni Conflicts

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Ne/Ni Conflicts

I just realized recently the potential for conflict between Ne and Ni. To be honest, it's not something that I've thought much about as I've always believed I get along rather well with people that have a strong preference for Ne (INTP, ENFPs for example).

Uumlau wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Ne and Ni will see each other as myopic. If you don't think so, you need to go debate an INTP long enough until you both believe the other completely clueless.

Ne goes for breadth, Ni goes for depth. Ne goes for everything possible in the now, Ni goes for everything possible in the future. Each will see the other as ignoring huge sets of possibility.

Oro is seeing it as short-sighted, because Ne sees this huge landscape that Ni very often misses. Similarly, Ni sees possibilities and options that Ne often misses, because Ne is thinking "space-like" while Ni is thinking "time-like".
    So, I'm a bit disappointed to be thought of as myopic but nonetheless intrigued by all of this.

What do you think about it? What kinds of conflicts do you see that you would attribute to a difference in a preference for Ne vs Ni? Why are they important to understand?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

hmmm... i could see this... and though i'm not an Ni-dom, i think i've had this run in with an Ne-dom.

where the Ne-dom was piecing together meanings of what they could gather from mundane details in the everyday...

i was a bit more cynical, but looking towards the future and how one could truly make an impact.

this particular Ne-dom kept seeing impending doom, an apocalypse... i saw a world in possible peril due to it's wasteful lifestyle. he reached for religion and meditation--cleansing the spirit, i reached more for becoming more aware of my carbon footprint.

i'm still trying to understand the differences of Ni and Ne, so please explain if i have made a misunderstanding here.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Glycerine

yes, I see that as a much bigger of a problem than Fe-Fi for me. I have noticed this initial clash between me and ENFPs. If I don't explain myself to the last detail, the Ne user thinks that I am completely dense w/o any sense of humor. I will expand upon it later.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The only problem I could see is that INxJs might see ENxPs as crazy, and ENxPs might see INxJs as overly cautious, paranoid, or uptight.

But overall I get along with other Ns, not matter if they have Ne or Ni...I don't see this as a conflict. I tend to have more little stupid conflicts with NTPs than NTJs, even though I'm probably an ENFP.

Ne and Ni don't make much of a difference to me, and that might be because I usually score both in my top three functions.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I find they complement each other, as a Ne-dom with a Ni-dom sister I feel we can add different perspectives in terms of "possibilities" and neither is short-sighted.

Get into a relationship with an INTP and have a fight or two. It's like nothing you've ever experienced before. Imagine Godzilla arguing in Japanese about how best to roast coffee while you're talking about feelings!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I am greatly entertained by Ne. I score high in both, but it might be difficult to have a Ne-dom employer. I might feel a bit out of focus and like things were too unpredictable.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Get into a relationship with an INTP and have a fight or two. It's like nothing you've ever experienced before. Imagine Godzilla arguing in Japanese about how best to roast coffee while you're talking about feelings!
    I doubt that's about Ne and Ni...

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I doubt that's about Ne and Ni...
    It has to do with Ne/Ni AND Fe/Fi.

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm. I have no experience with this that I know of, I can't think of any. I usually end up getting along with Ni because I like taking all the ideas and connections that Ne finds and Ti-ing the hell out of them to get to a logical conclusion of how something would end.