User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Thread: Ne/Ni Conflicts

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Well you're gonna have disconnects with anybody. Even people of your own type can get on your nerves. It's just all about recognizing the differences and working through them because you understand them because you know their type.
    True but we've kind of shifted away from the point of processes happening in a vacuum or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    These are only the negatives. From my experience,They have a really hard time deciding on things or their Ne is so ingenious and brilliant ideas that its the best way. As a result, they will bulldoze others with Fi and Te to get their way.
    Same goes for ENTJs. We both have fix it mentalities.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    These are only the negatives. From my experience,They have a really hard time deciding on things or their Ne is so ingenious and brilliant ideas that its the best way. As a result, they will bulldoze others with Fi and Te to get their way.
    It's sadly true. Then people who don't know much about function theory wanna call you a J cuz you know how to bulldoze.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    True but we've kind of shifted away from the point of processes happening in a vacuum or not.
    That "shifting away" is probably what annoys Ni about Ne. You know, that, and Ne doms just being so unpredictable at times, especially when very young.

ReflecTcelfeR

I think the shifting away is the whole point of conversations (I mean finding new vantage points to solve problems, whether they are immenent, or potiental). It seems like when you shift away you can eventually figure out the answer to the orignal question and you have provided yourself more opportunities (Naive answer?) once your immediate question has been answered. I do agree that shifting topics without guidance by other functions makes it illogical and uncondusive for communication purposes, but I'd say shifting is for progress, always moving forward as quickly as possible.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I think the shifting away is the whole point of conversations (I mean finding new vantage points to solve problems, whether they are immenent, or potiental). It seems like when you shift away you can eventually figure out the answer to the orignal question and you have provided yourself more opportunities (Naive answer?) once your immediate question has been answered. I do agree that shifting topics without guidance by other functions makes it illogical and uncondusive for communication purposes, but I'd say shifting is for progress, always moving forward as quickly as possible.
    I think it's the whole point of conversations, too.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That "shifting away" is probably what annoys Ni about Ne. You know, that, and Ne doms just being so unpredictable at times, especially when very young.
    Ni and Ne both "shift away" but in different directions. Ne is more obvious, going to other ideas/concepts/things outside of oneself, and is also often expressed openly. Ni is less obvious, working in a space of changing frames and perspectives, and keeping silent until a new idea is mostly understood.

ReflecTcelfeR

I relate Ne to space and Ni to time, is that a good division of the two?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I relate Ne to space and Ni to time, is that a good division of the two?
    I've done that before, and did so in the post that the OP partially quoted. It's a decent analogy.

In a more mathematical metaphor, I think of Ne being real numbers and Ni being imaginary numbers. Thus Ne is aware of the current reality, while Ni is aware of the hidden variables that make things tick. Ni often ends up being "timelike" because that "make things tick" is often close to being literal, that because one treats the visible state as an initial position and velocity, as it were, and thus "sees" the path that will be followed. Such functions are often of the exp(i(k*x - omega*t)) wave form, where the imaginary part of the way is still in there, mathematically, and only only measures the "real part".

ReflecTcelfeR

I like the real numbers and imaginary numbers comparison, thank you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Ni and Ne both "shift away" but in different directions. Ne is more obvious, going to other ideas/concepts/things outside of oneself, and is also often expressed openly. Ni is less obvious, working in a space of changing frames and perspectives, and keeping silent until a new idea is mostly understood.
    Ni sure does keep silent. I find it's oddities delightful, though. I love subtle, weird Ni humor and sometimes it's incredibly insightful.

Like I mentioned before, the only problem I can forsee is ENxPs thinking INxJs are uptight, and INxJs thinking ENxPs are crazy, but I don't know if that's got anything to do with Ne/Ni or if that's just about ExxP and IxxJ interaction styles.