Thread: Ne/Ni Conflicts

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Situation negative: Ne trips all over the place gathering random pieces of information, sometimes applicable, other times so very, very NOT! Add in Ti attempting to create a framework from these random pieces of information. And finally wonky Fe which appears to insist that you align with it. Stir this combination on one side and not in the standard process order and you get something out of left field particularly if the framework is wrong, even though you with focused and directed Te, Ni and Fi, are attempting to address the issues at hand. We're not talking about deliberate evasiveness although that happens too but a serious miss match of discussion points.

Situation positive: The similarities of the above combination of processes make them easy to follow most of the time and go places that both wouldn't normally even think of going. In retrospect, I aligned with Ne-Fe and modified it. Wow, this is an interesting insight for me!
    That's a good explanation.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    That's a good explanation.
    Thanks. Articulating it in threads like this helps me to understand it more. The "a-ha" moments happen on TypeC quite a bit.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    He doesn't drink. He says he never will. He doesn't have any moral objection to drinking he just thinks that he doesn't need or want it. According to him the cons of drinking outweigh the pros. To me this is borderline crazy. How can he be so sure that drinking "isn't for him" if he's never tried it? I can understand not wanting to try it if he thought it would harm him but he admits that drinking one night in his life would have virtually no effect on it. He thinks he already knows what alcohol would do to him because he's been around people who are under the influence. To make a decision like that based on what I think is "incomplete data" and be as committed to this decision as he is strikes me extremely myopic.
    Lol, we're not that logical a type (but what you describe isn't Ni in isolation). Logic has its own blindness.

I've told him it's my goal to get him drunk at least once. He didn't seem amused
    I think this might be something else - your intention to try and manipulate him into something he's decided not to do might grate on Fi.

I think Ne is cool. I tend to have good mutual opening of perception fields with Ne users.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I think Ne is cool. I tend to have good mutual opening of perception fields with Ne users.
    Agreed and verified.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Ne, Ni, Si, Se

I don't have any problem with these functions. They are the perceiving functions after all.

It's those judging functions that really annoy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Ne, Ni, Si, Se
    I don't have any problem with these functions. They are the perceiving functions after all.
    It's those judging functions that really annoy.
    Q: "Who judges the Judgers?"
    A: Macguffin, that's who.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Q: "Who judges the Judgers?"
    A: Macguffin, that's who.
    I should get paid.

Sorry but I'm kind of trapped in this thought process so I'm going to articulate this more. Ignore if it's not interesting or what I'm articulating is just a Well Duh! moment for you.

Consider Ni. It shifts perspectives. Consider Ne. It's random information gathering. So the normal course of interactions when positive, is that Ni follows Ne around by shifting perspectives. But when it's a negative interaction, Ni gets over-ruled by Te and Fi so it gets locked down to one perspective. This is when it feels like NTPs hit walls with NTJs since it's expecting Ni to follow it around. When NTPs feel this resistance, their Fe goes wonky and insists that there should be alignment. Stubbornness can be applied to both individuals at this point.

Sniffles

Ne tends to get on my nerves at times.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Ni gets over-ruled by Te and Fi so it gets locked down to one perspective.
    Yes, we suck when we are bound.

(no pun intended...mostly)