Socionics
    ILE

That's interesting.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I don't think mature INTJs really have that problem, but some of the younger ones certainly do. If you visit INTJforum, you'll see very many INTJs who absolutely refuse to acknowledge anything which isn't part of their "personal understanding."
    I just hope that I'm not that stuck-up about my views, then.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Funny how people do that, isn't it? "My way is the right way, because it's my way."
    My response: "My way, perhaps, is the right way, if only because most of the ideas didn't belong to me. Truth is not confined to one person, after all."
    I don't like the way that we give too much credit to ourselves for ideas that didn't orginate from us.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    It's both. One can perceive both by "being aware" and by "looking for something." The former is passive, the latter is active. When an INTJ "looks for something", it will tend to be an an "Ni way."
    What do you mean by looking for something "in an 'Ni way'"?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I wonder...

Ni people, when you directly focus attention on the outside world, do you find it to be without meaning? Is it all just so much accident and mishap? Right in the moment, it's attractive and solid, but it doesn't even really count as anything.
    To the contrary! I see meaning everywhere. It's just overwhelming at times. Ni abstracts relationships amongst many different events and things...and due to this, we can end up in a situation where we don't see objects as just objects. Perhaps this is what you meant by finding the world "to be without meaning": the meaningfulness comes not from the object itself...it's the relationships between it and other ideas, etc. that allows us to assign meaning to them. Just guessing

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    This all becomes more clear when viewed in the light of how the functions solve problems.
    Would you mind give us some examples of this? It would be helpful, I think.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Would this be an example of Ni vs Ne? It drives me bonkers when people stray like mad from the OP, and the OP never gets a proper answer. I don't post things to provide an outlet for people's ramblings; I post things to get answers or to ideally give them. (Unless it's an obviously messed up OP in the first place; then it's perfectly acceptable to go off on tangents.)
    I think that the OP was somewhat vague-ish about the issue. Ne and Ni are, after all, of smiliar cognitive function: intuition [in the Jungian sense]. It's the way it's expressed that matters, I think. Thus, it's not really just about Ne/Ni conflicts. It's more to do with how they interact in a broader sense that I sense in the posts of this thread.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    To the contrary! I see meaning everywhere.
    And that meaning arises during the moment of looking at things and events as they unfold or later during reflection?

Ni dances with your mother.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    Would you mind give us some examples of this? It would be helpful, I think.
    When there's a problem, Ne immediately springs into action, trying to solve it with whatever is at hand and available. I can't say for sure how Ni does it, but I would imagine that this would seem much too hasty.

All Natural! All Good!

Ne people, I have some questions...

What is the difference between a connection made/ pattern "seen" with your preferred judging function, vs. Ne? My guess is that the Ne connection is subconscious, instantaneous (Ji is more methodical and could never be as fast, right?), and sometimes so "out there" that you are surprised your brain made the connection. It feels like it came out of nowhere. Is this true?

In the same vein... can you "check over" your Ne connection with Ji and follow Ne's "reasoning" despite skipped or nonexistent steps? If it doesn't "make sense" to Ji, do you reject it?

Do you have a hard time believing that the connections you see aren't inherent in reality, but are merely products of your mind? (ie. can you easily differentiate between what is real and what is a product of your mind ... and do you think the connections you see are indeed in reality or just in your mind)

Sorry if the above is unclear. I think I sound like I'm trying to argue or start shit but I'm not. I don't mean any harm. Thanks.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.