User Tag List

First 233132333435 Last

Thread: Ne/Ni Conflicts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    So Ni's the con-man who sometimes helps? That's odd.
    Intuition is an irrational function; like sensing, it does what it does for no real reason.

Ni pulls tricks by using Fe or Te to protect itself and it's momentary fleeting thoughts, that's the nature of it.

So it can at the same time appear as a conman but actually be doing it because it wants to help. Fancy that.

Biggest problem with Ne/Ni conflicts

Ne likes people by showering them with attention
    Ni likes people by giving them space...

Uhho!

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Intuition is an irrational function; like sensing, it does what it does for no real reason.

Ni pulls tricks by using Fe or Te to protect itself and it's momentary fleeting thoughts, that's the nature of it.

So it can at the same time appear as a conman but actually be doing it because it wants to help. Fancy that.

Uhho!
    Too true. But why do we speak of Ni as something that "does" something? Is it more like a background than an active 'agent' to our daily cognitive activities? From what I can tell, Ni is a background, not an active agent.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Too true. But why do we speak of Ni as something that "does" something? Is it more like a background than an active 'agent' to our daily cognitive activities? From what I can tell, Ni is a background, not an active agent.
    It's both. One can perceive both by "being aware" and by "looking for something." The former is passive, the latter is active. When an INTJ "looks for something", it will tend to be an an "Ni way."
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Banned

Both, Intuition is just like sensing.

As a congitive process Sensing perceives the environment and randomly works out what it likes and doesn't like 'I like blue!' is a sensing phenomenon, there is no rational reason for it. When advanced to it's conclusions the sensing functions can, for example find uumlaus avatar very alluring or say identify a beautiful piece of music.

Similarly intuition does the same thing, it does what it does for no better reason other than LIKE. But when applied to the coherency of ideas and what they notionally represent. There is no reason to especially 'like' the idea of a circle, but it is very pleasant and wholesome especially when used to relate to other aspects of geometry. To it's advanced conclusion intuition can dive into spontaneously liking 'ways' of operating, almost like modes of living for the mind.

Attitude is important because it regards the sharing aspects.

Extrovert intuition acts like a natural swap shop for intuitions looking to explore the ideas it identifies and likes; it requires a fixed internal perspective (Ti-Fi) to school it in the value of those ideas and to make sure those ideas which it is travelling through align.

Conversely introverted intuition finds the idea it likes and sticks to it. It requires a fixed external perspective (Te-Fe) to keep those sacrosanct ideas stable. It also learns about how to explore the world of ideas by manipulating the environment.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post

Uhho!
    QFT

learning how to handle this in a relationship is challenging, though rewarding.

MBTI
    INTJ

I wonder...

Ni people, when you directly focus attention on the outside world, do you find it to be without meaning? Is it all just so much accident and mishap? Right in the moment, it's attractive and solid, but it doesn't even really count as anything.

And Ne people, the world's chock full of substance, isn't it? Out there, when you really look at it full on, there's just *so much* that could be, isn't there?

/wild_guess
    /artificial_distinction
    /end_of_days
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Eh, who gives a shit either way, really?

MBTI
    INTJ

Who? Me.

And yo' momma.

Plus it's a sort of obvious tool for bridging the gap, if true. A decoder ring.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@ kalach, true. good deduction. induction. fuck, i never remember which is which.

you know what i mean.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

People look at different things differently. There's no real way you're ever going to "get" it. It's better, then, just to listen, than try and figure it out.