First 182627282930 Last

Thread: Ne/Ni Conflicts

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    yes to some, but still generally
    Once again, this response is thoroughly unhelpful. What are the parts you don't agree with, and why?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Once again, this response is thoroughly unhelpful. What are the parts you don't agree with, and why?
    cba to list and explain them all, just so that you could disagree
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

cba to list and explain them all, just so that you could disagree
    You don't think you'd learn anything from it? That's a shame.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You don't think you'd learn anything from it? That's a shame.
    i can see it pretty clearly that, even tho you are partly right in some stuff, most of the stuff are simply wrong. why would i learn something from that? if i would argue that your user name is twomoretimes, would you learn anything from that? other than that there would be something seriously wrong with me..
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

i can see it pretty clearly that, even tho you are partly right in some stuff, most of the stuff are simply wrong. why would i learn something from that? if i would argue that your user name is twomoretimes, would you learn anything from that? other than that there would be something seriously wrong with me..
    You can prove that my name is "onemoretime". You can't prove that functions don't work this way, just as I can't prove that they do. It's entirely theoretical. No one is right or wrong in this scenario. That's why it's a shame that you're being closed-minded.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You can prove that my name is "onemoretime". You can't prove that functions don't work this way, just as I can't prove that they do. It's entirely theoretical. No one is right or wrong in this scenario. That's why it's a shame that you're being closed-minded.
    its not about being closed-minded, its just that i dont care enough. i can see where you go off, so even if you say those things again, it wont make any difference to it. but not only that i dont think that you can change my mind since i got pretty clear picture about this all and i can see how those things match with other things in mbti(+ i can see how what you say doesent match with other things), but i dont think i would be able to change your mind. so whats the point?

if you want that i try to change your mind, read the long post that i made and ask questions
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned

Bingo. My hunch is that intuition, subjectively, feels the same as sensation. That's why it's so unnerving to realize that you see things very differently than most people. How many times have you said to yourself "but isn't that obvious?" It's only through comparison to the results of other people's perception that a distinction could even be made in the first place.

Yes, you get what I'm saying. Functions are only means of satisfying needs. They are not individual entities, and Jung never intended them to be thought of as such. The psychological and physiological needs are the independent entities, and the functions are merely the proposed ways the brain prefers to deal with them.

So, for example, you feel the sensation of hunger. Your brain manifests the psychological need for food. These steps happen independently of functional operation. At this point, there is a problem that needs solving. That's the point where your functions kick in. Once you've eaten, the functions go back into the cognitive toolbox, until another need arises.

The implication is that the functions only describe a facet of your personality, though the facet it describes is a preeminent one. MBTI developed so employers could determine how potential employees would solve workplace problems, after all. There is so much more that goes into one's personality - life experience, culture, developmental factors, access to information - that to categorize and rationalize personality types with any appreciable accuracy would ultimately lead to a system of such discrete categorizations as to render the system useless.

What this ends up meaning is that all Jungian functions are available to anyone. However, to use them effectively, you must wield them with skill. If it doesn't come naturally to you, you'll need the help of someone with that ability in order to help you become more comfortable and proficient with its use, and will let you fail without judgment as you learn.

So that clear delineation of functions? It's not particularly clear at all. It's just a helpful guidepost that gives you a frame of reference when trying to figure out what exactly it is that's going on inside of your head.
    So you say we should throw out all N/S and T/F and change to just talk about Ji-Pe and Je-Pi pairs? Also that you can access all 8 functions when there are 4 functions with attitudes.

I can't say that I agree in the slightest.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

its not about being closed-minded, its just that i dont care enough. i can see where you go off, so even if you say those things again, it wont make any difference to it. but not only that i dont think that you can change my mind since i got pretty clear picture about this all and i can see how those things match with other things in mbti(+ i can see how what you say doesent match with other things), but i dont think i would be able to change your mind. so whats the point?

if you want that i try to change your mind, read the long post that i made and ask questions
    Who said I was talking about MBTI? MBTI doesn't even go into functions. I'm talking about the functions as Jung initially described, and many people later built upon.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    So you say we should throw out all N/S and T/F and change to just talk about Ji-Pe and Je-Pi pairs? Also that you can access all 8 functions when there are 4 functions with attitudes.

I can't say that I agree in the slightest.
    Why not? Seems terribly limiting.

Banned

Why not? Seems terribly limiting.
    I just disagree with you because you arguing you can't understand fundamentals because we don't have a suitable atom smasher. If that's true we miss a whole truncheon of typology and end up with a very simple system; that although I admit it is still useful; I can't feel it plays out into as much detail as given by a more fundamental viewpoint. Even if this is potentially more theoretical it would still be worthy of appropriate development due to the increased utility in such a model.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I just disagree with you because you arguing you can't understand fundamentals because we don't have a suitable atom smasher. If that's true we miss a whole truncheon of typology and end up with a very simple system; that although I admit it is still useful; I can't feel it plays out into as much detail as given by a more fundamental viewpoint. Even if this is potentially more theoretical it would still be worthy of appropriate development due to the increased utility in such a model.
    They are still looking for the Higgs boson, after all...

It's not that it's theoretical, it's that there isn't a shred of empirical evidence that they built the theory on in the first place