Possibilities
    Dispersed
    Short term

Ni
    Subjective, meaning oriented
    Answers
    Focused
    Long term

As Uumlau said, I think the Ti vs Te preference is also a big part of this too.

Wait - but does this mean that much of the Fe/Fi debate isn't about those two functions at all? It's about other differences?
    Above is what I wrote in that other thread about the key differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    yes, I see that as a much bigger of a problem than Fe-Fi for me. I have noticed this initial clash between me and ENFPs. If I don't explain myself to the last detail, the Ne user thinks that I am completely dense w/o any sense of humor. I will expand upon it later.
    Would like to hear this!

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The only problem I could see is that INxJs might see ENxPs as crazy, and ENxPs might see INxJs as overly cautious, paranoid, or uptight.

But overall I get along with other Ns, not matter if they have Ne or Ni...I don't see this as a conflict. I tend to have more little stupid conflicts with NTPs than NTJs, even though I'm probably an ENFP.

Ne and Ni don't make much of a difference to me, and that might be because I usually score both in my top three functions.
    Good. Why do you think NTJs may be overly cautious, paranoid or uptight? That is, do you have a story to relate that illustrates it? I imagine it is not only Ne types that can feel this way. Had a little experience/discussion about "toaster safety" over the holidays

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I sometimes run into conflicts with those who are sure they can predict something in the future and are so certain they know exactly how it's going to turn out. I'm more likely to brainstorm a bunch of possible scenarios that I then assign a rough probability to without having the sense of sureness that this is what will happen.

Today I was trying to help someone with a computer problem at work. I didn't know for sure exactly how to fix it but I came up with a few possible ideas in my head. So I say something like, "well it might be this." Let's try fixing this and see what happens. The customer was not satisfied with that. She wanted to know for sure whether or not that would work and didn't seem satisfied when I said, I'm not sure but maybe. That may not be the best example because I could totally see an SJ type reacting that way as well.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    It has to do with Ne/Ni AND Fe/Fi.
    When I'm talking about feelings and the other person seems to be...talking about something else...or...being vague and abstract...I presume that's about me having more F and them having more T and trying to avoid the F conversation.

It's what came to my mind when you said they were arguing about roasting coffee in Japanese while you were talking about feelings.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

It has to do with Ne/Ni AND Fe/Fi.
    Precisadoodle! Fe/Fi again. I find myself more frustrated by xNFPs than xNFJs in terms of "seeing possibilities" the shared Ne doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    When I'm talking about feelings and the other person seems to be...talking about something else...or...being vague and abstract...I presume that's about me having more F and them having more T and trying to avoid the F conversation.

It's what came to my mind when you said they were arguing about roasting coffee in Japanese while you were talking about feelings.
    My post was an exaggeration of the differences in perspectives of how each approaches an argument. Ne trips madly with Fe. Ni focuses with Fi.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Good. Why do you think NTJs may be overly cautious, paranoid or uptight? That is, do you have a story to relate that illustrates it? I imagine is is not only Ne types that can feel this way. Had a little experience/discussion about "toaster safety" over the holidays
    It's not just INTJs, it's INFJs too. I can sometimes feel like they're giving a paranoid litany of ridiculous reasons not to do something (even really smart ones I respect). They seem more shut down and closed off.

And I feel that they see me as being REALLY OPEN and possibly a little crazy or slightly dangerous. But I'm not. IRL I'm one of the saner people I know. I'm just open and show my feelings and take risks, sometimes. I do weigh those risks out, though, to a point that I think is sensible. I sometimes think INxJs go beyond "sensible" into "avoidant."

Not all of them, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Precisadoodle! Fe/Fi again. I find myself more frustrated by xNFPs than xNFJs in terms of "seeing possibilities" the shared Ne doesn't help.
    It really depends on how Ne and Ni interacts with the other processes that each have. When negative, the Ne-Fe and Ni-Fi combination is crazy. When positive, it's still crazy but in a very good way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Yep, I am more annoyed by NTPs than NTJs. I don't know why. They just get under my skin, and I've had people tell me that it's tertiary or inferior Fe. Funny thing is, I don't seem to mind Fe in NFJs as much, but maybe they're more skilled with it and therefore use it artfully. I don't know.

Glycerine

I somewhat clash a little w/ Ne because I am the only Ni user in my immediate family so there is the occasional rift here and there. For example, I will have things all planned out in my head and my mom or someone will bring up different things I should consider and will change the plan which usually leads to the same outcome. Many times, I am thinking "DUH, I ALREADY THOUGHT OF THAT...."

"Pitseleh, you should do this because...." Me: If I truly cared, I would have thought to do that.

On the flipside, I will try to force one course of action and the Ne user puts me on a better path.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

It really depends on how Ne and Ni interacts with the other processes that each have. When negative, the Ne-Fe and Ni-Fi combination is crazy. When positive, it's still crazy but in a very good way.
    Sure, thing is Ni isn't something that has consistently caused barriers or suspected blind spots to me in viewing possibilities, it's the one function where extroverted or introverted I gel with fine, it's the other functions, like you say, that the Ne/Ni user accesses that seems to determine if there will be issues with how "short-sighted" I think someone with different preferences is. This is where ENTP/INFJ, ENFP/INTJ, ENTJ/INFP, ENFJ/INTP combos seem to click more often than not, Ne/Ni differences can be complementary whereas Fe-Te/Fi-Ti ones are not always so great.